Which Social Media Website Have You Had The Most Success With?

ulterios

Using the social media websites for marketing and advertising is one of the most used methods for internet marketers to utilize.

I am curios what social media website members here have had the most success in using. Whether it's for sales, leads, traffic, etc., which social media website would you say has been the most successful for your needs / purposes. Also, please share the reason for your choice for the most successful social media website.

Personally I was a little late in implementing social media as part of my marketing activities. I would utilize it sporadically on occasions but nothing regular. I didn't think that social media marketing would make a big difference, so I didn't take advantage of it's usefulness.

Over about the last 8-10 months I have changed and I am now utilizing social media regularly. I have seen a big growth in marketing success and especially in traffic for my sites due to my social activities. Twitter has been the most successful social media website that has made the biggest difference and has been the most successful.

I think that's partly due to the way I market on Twitter without making it look like spam advertisements. I always mix up my marketing with other Tweets from other sources and websites that have a good article, resource or information that I think people will like.

I'm curious as to what other marketers and advertisers have experienced with their use of social media and which social media site has been the best for them.

Share your choice and any other thoughts, opinions and information that you care to share.

snginc

I LIKE Facebook, Linkedin and Twitter for promoting my blog posts.

I found that its easy to get connections on Twitter and Linedin and you can promote your sites on them for better traffic.

Over about the last 8-10 months I have changed and I am now utilizing social media regularly. I have seen a big growth in marketing success and especially in traffic for my sites due to my social activities. Twitter has been the most successful social media website that has made the biggest difference and has been the most successful.

I don't know why you supposed Twitter is the most source for traffic, how to measure it?

ulterios

I don't know why you supposed Twitter is the most source for traffic, how to measure it?
To measure it in part I have created short links that are tracked that are only used on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and so on. Each social media site has their own links I created so I know which were clicked. I also get some data from Twitter directly.

I get way more clicks from Twitter than anywhere else. I also get a lot more activity there. I like Twitter more because you can Tweet often and as long as they are quality Tweets they don't look like Spam.

Dean

I have had the most success with Twitter and Facebook myself. I've kind of given up on Google Plus lately as it just kind of seems like a waste. I get much more responses, follows, retweets, likes, etc. from Twitter and Facebook and little response from Google Plus so I just use it once in a while.

I also don't like that you can't schedule posts on Google Plus unless you use 1 of a couple of services. I'd start using them more if they added that feature or at least opened it up for app developers to create apps that had that feature.

ulterios

I have had the most success with Twitter and Facebook myself. I've kind of given up on Google Plus lately as it just kind of seems like a waste. I get much more responses, follows, retweets, likes, etc. from Twitter and Facebook and little response from Google Plus so I just use it once in a while.

I also don't like that you can't schedule posts on Google Plus unless you use 1 of a couple of services. I'd start using them more if they added that feature or at least opened it up for app developers to create apps that had that feature.
I keep getting the feeling that Google will one day close down Google+ but then they go and try another makeover to get it going better.

If they would just make a few changes, it would greatly help their success. Letting people schedule posts would be a nice start, at least one a day shouldn't be too bad!

ProfMike

The majority of my success has been with Google+ and I think that it mainly has to do with the fact that I can very closely target my audience in the communities. I have been using it for well over a year and I have been very happy with the conversions that I have seen on that site.

I also use Twitter and YouTube and they have been successful also, but not as well targeted as Google+.

Ellen F

I personally haven't used any social media myself but I have been looking into this.

I am going to be creating a new blog that covers general topics and will be providing some helpful information on many subjects, so I am looking at what the best social options will be for that type of blog. I haven't really been into social media myself so I didn't even know that Facebook was used for marketing. I thought it was for interacting with family, friends and such.

I guess I need to get in touch with the social world soon. Good information everybody, this is nice to know.

Dean

I keep getting the feeling that Google will one day close down Google+ but then they go and try another makeover to get it going better.

If they would just make a few changes, it would greatly help their success. Letting people schedule posts would be a nice start, at least one a day shouldn't be too bad!
I don't know that Google will ever close down Google Plus, that would be a little like admitting defeat to Facebook and the other social platforms!

Dean

All the top social networks gave us success some how. I am mentioning them in order:
> Twitter
> Facebook
> Linkedin
> Google+
> Instagram
I have never had much luck with Instagram, is seems like it's a lot of work for little benefit. Are you marketing products or services on Instagram? Just curious, I have tried products but not services.

Cheers, Dean.

ulterios

Thanks for all the replies everyone. It seems like there is a mix of what works for all of us. As usual, with something like social media marketing, advertising and promoting, it's probably the best choice to just try out the different social media sites and see what works for you. What works well for one person on company might not work as well for another.

Thanks for all your replies! :Dans2: