Have you used a WordPress maintenance service?

ulterios

Hi fellow IMS members, I have a question for you!

Have you ever used a WordPress maintenance service for your WordPress websites or blogs?

I personally prefer to do all my own work on my sites, unless it's something I am not able to do personally. However, I have gotten an ever increasing amount of contact emails (Spam) from these services that you pay a set amount of money per month and they do all the upkeep for the site.

I was just wondering if that many people use this type of service and perhaps that's why more and more service providers are seeking new clients and trying to make their claim in the market. Either that or not enough people are buying this service and they are just struggling to survive and that's why the increased spam emails.

I probably get 50-75+ per day for this type of service. It's been increasing drastically lately so I thought I would see if any of our members use or have used this service.

If you have any info, thoughts or opinions, feel free to ring in! ;)

Dean

I have never used one myself. I have received many of those emails but after looking at the services they do and the price they charge it just seems way overpriced.

It's not that hard to do your own maintenance for your Wordpress sites as long as you know a little bit about what you are doing.

If there was a more reasonable price for these services then I might think about giving them a try but until then I will just handle my own WP maintenance duties.

Cheers, Dean.

Traveler

I did not even know there was a service to take care of your wordpress website. Don't they have plugins that will do most of the things that you need done?

Muzzamil

Hi fellow IMS members, I have a question for you!

Have you ever used a WordPress maintenance service for your WordPress websites or blogs?

I personally prefer to do all my own work on my sites, unless it's something I am not able to do personally. However, I have gotten an ever increasing amount of contact emails (Spam) from these services that you pay a set amount of money per month and they do all the upkeep for the site.

I was just wondering if that many people use this type of service and perhaps that's why more and more service providers are seeking new clients and trying to make their claim in the market. Either that or not enough people are buying this service and they are just struggling to survive and that's why the increased spam emails.

I probably get 50-75+ per day for this type of service. It's been increasing drastically lately so I thought I would see if any of our members use or have used this service.

If you have any info, thoughts or opinions, feel free to ring in! ;)
I have never used these services and don't intend to try them because I don't know what kind of maintenance they would do and if it is going to be valuable and pleasing to my visitors. Unless the price gets really low, I am not going to give them a try. I recently heard about these services through friends. I personally never got a email from wordpress about their maintenance even though I use wordpress for two of my websites.

ulterios

I have never used these services and don't intend to try them because I don't know what kind of maintenance they would do and if it is going to be valuable and pleasing to my visitors.
When I was looking at the description I from what I can tell, all they do is make sure your WordPress version, Theme and plugins are updated as needed and to "optimize" your WordPress installation. There are a couple of things that each one says they will do but I really do not see the main point for people who know the basic stuff about WordPress.

I personally never got a email from wordpress about their maintenance even though I use wordpress for two of my websites.
WordPress itself does not do the service, it's 3rd parties services that are doing the services.

vishwa

I never buy this type of services. I did not like it. I usually make everything of my site myself. WordPress is so intuitive and easy to manage that you don't require any maintenance services. However if you have multiple blogs than managing it quite time taking. So, Webmaster who have multiple blogs can hire maintenance services. If you have one blog than don't buy these services.

ulterios

I never buy this type of services. I did not like it. I usually make everything of my site myself. WordPress is so intuitive and easy to manage that you don't require any maintenance services. However if you have multiple blogs than managing it quite time taking. So, Webmaster who have multiple blogs can hire maintenance services. If you have one blog than don't buy these services.
I like to do everything myself also. It seems like this kind of service is for people who want a blog but do not want to do any work themselves. I have several WordPress sites and always do everything myself so that I know exactly what is done and how it was done.

I don't know if I would like trusting someone else to do all the work on my sites. The services that do this do like to send out a lot of spam promotions though so I guess some people do this. It's just probably not something I would ever use.

Thanks for your input Vishwa! :)

Storm

I have never used a wordpress maintenance service myself but it seems like a waste of money unless you have a lot of websites to maintain. I know that I have been getting a lot of spam emails lately from companies and people that are offering this service so it must be profitable.

KeralMTG

Never, too expensive.
I have seen this on fiverr.com a few weeks ago when I was looking at getting something else from that website so it is not too expensive all the time. I just do not know what they do because I did not read the whole thing that said what they will do.

ulterios

I have seen this on fiverr.com a few weeks ago when I was looking at getting something else from that website so it is not too expensive all the time. I just do not know what they do because I did not read the whole thing that said what they will do.
If you ever decided to buy this type of service on Fiverr then you will want to make sure that you know exactly what the seller is going to do and then you can compare them to the other more expensive services.

You can't expect a whole lot from the $5 gigs on Fiverr. ;)

Maria Marketing

I haven't used a Wordpress maintenance service but that doesn't mean that I wouldn't use one. I think that it would depend on what they do exactly and what they charge for the service. Sometimes I am very busy so something like this can help.

ulterios

I haven't used a Wordpress maintenance service but that doesn't mean that I wouldn't use one. I think that it would depend on what they do exactly and what they charge for the service. Sometimes I am very busy so something like this can help.
Yeah, that would help for people that are busy like you. I would just make sure that you get a good one and see exactly what you are getting for your money.

Catherine1

I have been getting quite a few emails about these kind of Wordpress maintenance services but I do not really think that I need them so I haven't looked more at them. The prices are not too bad if you needed that kind of service.

Dean

I have been getting quite a few emails about these kind of Wordpress maintenance services but I do not really think that I need them so I haven't looked more at them. The prices are not too bad if you needed that kind of service.
I always get some of those in my email accounts often and have checked out a few. The ones that I have gotten though do not have what I would consider reasonable prices for what they will do for the money so you must be getting better prices in your emails than I do.

I am curious as to if they help out in ways other than freeing up some extra time for other things.

Marcos

I reviewed some information about a few of these types of services but from what I could see it does not look like it is really worth the costs unless you have no time to update and maintain your own Wordpress installation. The time involved in doing what they will do only takes me a few minutes each week so for me the cost is not worth doing this.

ulterios

I reviewed some information about a few of these types of services but from what I could see it does not look like it is really worth the costs unless you have no time to update and maintain your own Wordpress installation. The time involved in doing what they will do only takes me a few minutes each week so for me the cost is not worth doing this.
That was about the same thing that it seemed like to me. If you are busy and don't have the little time it takes to upkeep your own site then they would be a good idea if you found a good one at a reasonable price but otherwise it doesn't seem like there is much value for the costs.

Marcos

That was about the same thing that it seemed like to me. If you are busy and don't have the little time it takes to upkeep your own site then they would be a good idea if you found a good one at a reasonable price but otherwise it doesn't seem like there is much value for the costs.
Perhaps if the cost was lower then I may consider try the services out to give myself one less thing to do but it would have to be low enough to seem like it is worth it.

ulterios

Perhaps if the cost was lower then I may consider try the services out to give myself one less thing to do but it would have to be low enough to seem like it is worth it.
Most of the WordPress maintenance services that I have seen charge $30-$40+ USD per month depending on what they do.

There are some a lot higher that do a few extra things. I have seen a couple around $20 USD per month but the ones that I have seen at this price look a little shady and I don't know if I would trust them. ;)

Marcos

Most of the WordPress maintenance services that I have seen charge $30-$40+ USD per month depending on what they do.

There are some a lot higher that do a few extra things. I have seen a couple around $20 USD per month but the ones that I have seen at this price look a little shady and I don't know if I would trust them. ;)
That is what I mean. Based on their tasks the price is higher than I think would make it reasonable.