Have you used a WordPress maintenance service?

ulterios

That is what I mean. Based on their tasks the price is higher than I think would make it reasonable.
True but they are more of a convenience service and that is what you are paying for. They do the tasks the you would normally do yourself but instead you are paying them to take care of that responsibility.

ulterios

I never required any such service before considering all the information is available on the internet for one to go through. Just curious are they one a monthly basis or a one time fee?
The ones that I have looked into have a monthly fee or you can par for a year at a time and get some kind of discount by paying the longer term.

There may be some that do a 1 time fee but I haven't seen any.

Marcos

True but they are more of a convenience service and that is what you are paying for. They do the tasks the you would normally do yourself but instead you are paying them to take care of that responsibility.
I think that they would have many more clients if they had fees that were lower priced and make more money in total. If they are too expensive then people will just want to do the things on their own.

JohnQ

I never used this kind of service and back a few years ago when I built my first wordpress blog I didn't see many of these out there. Now there are a lot of them that I have seen.

I guess if the price was good and I had no time to take care of these things myself then I might use the service.

Michael

I was getting these in the past and didn't have a wordpress blog. I think they just spam everyone since so many people use wordpress and just hope they find the right people.

ulterios

I was getting these in the past and didn't have a wordpress blog. I think they just spam everyone since so many people use wordpress and just hope they find the right people.
That's quite possible but if you ever owned a domain, subscribed to any kind or WordPress or website/webmaster newsletter or gotten your email registered on some websites then you might have received them that way also.

The amount of these that I have been getting has gone way down to about 3-5 per day now. I don't know why they slowed all of a sudden but I won't complain. ;)

Michael

That's quite possible but if you ever owned a domain, subscribed to any kind or WordPress or website/webmaster newsletter or gotten your email registered on some websites then you might have received them that way also.

The amount of these that I have been getting has gone way down to about 3-5 per day now. I don't know why they slowed all of a sudden but I won't complain. ;)
I have subscribed to a few in the past. I was trying to learn about some wordpress things. Maybe that's where they got my email.

Nomnom

Nope. I never tried availing of that kind of service in the past. That's because of two reasons:
  1. I don't have the budget for that kind of service. I'm barely making enough to pay for web hosting. Lol.
  2. I know how to personally maintain my WordPress sites. It's actually quite easy. Since I don't own a zillion sites, it's still easy to manage. When they become unmanageable, maybe that's the time that I'll be availing of such services.
For those who have availed of a WordPress maintenance service, is the service worth its cost?

Ben

I have been getting some of these types of services send me emails the last week or two. I checked a couple of the sites where the emails were for and they want $50 and up for their services.

Seems like a little much for what they claim they are doing.

ulterios

Nope. I never tried availing of that kind of service in the past. That's because of two reasons:
  1. I don't have the budget for that kind of service. I'm barely making enough to pay for web hosting. Lol.
  2. I know how to personally maintain my WordPress sites. It's actually quite easy. Since I don't own a zillion sites, it's still easy to manage. When they become unmanageable, maybe that's the time that I'll be availing of such services.
For those who have availed of a WordPress maintenance service, is the service worth its cost?
You are right, it is easy to maintain a WordPress site but they are targeting people who either don't have the time to do it themself or would rather pay someone else to do it.

Personally I am always short on time but keeping up with the needed maintenance for my sites is only consuming a little time.

If a service like this had a more reasonable price then I might consider it but not for the prices I have seen and especially not with the number of sites that I have. ;)

I have been getting some of these types of services send me emails the last week or two. I checked a couple of the sites where the emails were for and they want $50 and up for their services.

Seems like a little much for what they claim they are doing.
Well I have been getting less so maybe they forgot about ma and they are targeting you now. ;)

You are right about the price versus what they are doing. It seems like a little much especially when a lot of it is probably automated.

Ben

Well I have been getting less so maybe they forgot about me and they are targeting you now. ;)

You are right about the price versus what they are doing. It seems like a little much especially when a lot of it is probably automated.
It seems like it sometime. I am sure a lot of things are automated because if they had thousands of sites they were doing the work on then that could take some time. To be more cost effective they probably have some kind of automation going on.

ulterios

It seems like it sometime. I am sure a lot of things are automated because if they had thousands of sites they were doing the work on then that could take some time. To be more cost effective they probably have some kind of automation going on.
I'm sure they do.

One other thing that wasn't mentioned is that some of the services include some kind of security monitoring as part of their packages which ads a little to the cost. Not all of them do but some do.

Ben

I'm sure they do.

One other thing that wasn't mentioned is that some of the services include some kind of security monitoring as part of their packages which ads a little to the cost. Not all of them do but some do.
I saw that on one of them but they are just using a service for that themself.

ulterios

I saw one of the services that was offer security from another 3rd party service but the others that I saw didn't say exactly what the service was or if it was them or a 3rd party security service.

Dean

I saw a couple that had security for your site included and they were using Securi for the security part so I know that some are using outside services.

Ben

I saw one of the services that was offer security from another 3rd party service but the others that I saw didn't say exactly what the service was or if it was them or a 3rd party security service.
I personally would rather have the 2 separate and only buy the security if I thought I needed it.

I saw a couple that had security for your site included and they were using Securi for the security part so I know that some are using outside services.
I was looking at 1 earlier and I think is was something of Norton's.

ulterios

I personally would rather have the 2 separate and only buy the security if I thought I needed it.
I would rather have them separate myself but there are a lot of people that are using these WordPress maintenance services because they are convenient and it's one less thing that they have to do, so adding the security aspect to the service means that's just one more thing the site owner doesn't have to deal with.

It's not something for me or many other people but for those that are looking for a service to take care of some things on their site that they don't have to deal with it's one more reason to use that service. ;)