Stumbleupon is closing down

Marcos

I don't know if any of you are using Stumbleupon for anything but I read recently that they are closing down. If you are using them for your internet marketing then you should perhaps find an alternative to use.

What do you think about this?

Online Bliss

I don't know if any of you are using Stumbleupon for anything but I read recently that they are closing down. If you are using them for your internet marketing then you should perhaps find an alternative to use.
Where did you get source of this info?
Is it an official announcement from Stumbleupon? I am doubting about this new :)

Catherine1

I am not using it but I have read a little about it for marketing uses and though about using it later on. I wonder why they are closing down. Maybe because they just can't compete with Facebook, Twitter and the others.

ulterios

I've never really used StumbleUpon that much so it really doesn't matter to me but for those of you who are/did/have used StumbleUpon you have till the end of the month to migrate your account to mix.com, a similar site from what I have heard.

JennyJ

I have not seen anything about this but I am glad that I saw this post because I was thinking about starting some content marketing on Stumbleupon.

I have been meaning to do something on it for many months but have just not been able to have the time to do it. I am glad I didn't because that would have been wasted time.

KeralMTG

I do not think that stumbleupon was used by that many marketers because I did not ever see it was talked about when I was reading and looking around. Maybe some are but I do not think them closing will hurt too many internet marketers.

Marcos

Where did you get source of this info?
Is it an official announcement from Stumbleupon? I am doubting about this new :)
I saw it in the Trends for you section of Twitter at first but I did a search in google and saw many results about this. Do you use Stumbleupon for your marketing?

I am not using it but I have read a little about it for marketing uses and though about using it later on. I wonder why they are closing down. Maybe because they just can't compete with Facebook, Twitter and the others.
You may be right about the competition. They still have many users but maybe they just got a good offer for it from the other website.

I've never really used StumbleUpon that much so it really doesn't matter to me but for those of you who are/did/have used StumbleUpon you have till the end of the month to migrate your account to mix.com, a similar site from what I have heard.
I saw some things about mix.com but after reading on it I don't think I will be using it myself.

I have not seen anything about this but I am glad that I saw this post because I was thinking about starting some content marketing on Stumbleupon.

I have been meaning to do something on it for many months but have just not been able to have the time to do it. I am glad I didn't because that would have been wasted time.
I did not see any information that said if any of their content was going to be transferred to the new service so I think you are probably right that it will be a waste if you did use them.

I do not think that stumbleupon was used by that many marketers because I did not ever see it was talked about when I was reading and looking around. Maybe some are but I do not think them closing will hurt too many internet marketers.
I have not seen anything that says that it was used too much for marketing so you might be right but I really do not know too much about it so I do not know for sure.

david smith

There used to be a time when I used to receive a lot of traffic from Stumbleupon but since the last two years I have stopped using it. Maybe, it might be working for others but who doesn't like free traffic....right?

It's all about the quality of traffic and the engagement these days so not going to feel sorry for the lads who are more into bookmarking.

Sudipta Sen

yes, Grawhill is right. StumbleUpon would be moved to Mix.com. So the user of stumble upon, get ready for the new site.