Facebook vs LinkedIn, which is best?

Dean

I know that most people here probably use Facebook more than LinkedIn for their Internet Marketing purposes. LinkedIn can be good if you are looking for certain audiences.

Not looking at the number of members and just looking at the effectiveness I think that they can be pretty close but I would still give the edge to Facebook.

In your opinion of Facebook vs LinkedIn, which is best and why?

vishwa

Both are Good Social Networks and have great opportunity. Generally people love to use Facebook because they have large number of audiences and you can promote anything based on location, Gender, age etc. While LinkedIn is a kind of business network where professional peoples connect with each other. So, If you compare Facebook and LinkedIn, Facebook is a very easy and generic way to drive traffic.

Dean

Both are Good Social Networks and have great opportunity. Generally people love to use Facebook because they have large number of audiences and you can promote anything based on location, Gender, age etc. While LinkedIn is a kind of business network where professional peoples connect with each other. So, If you compare Facebook and LinkedIn, Facebook is a very easy and generic way to drive traffic.
Thanks for your post vishwa, you always have helpful information to share. :)

I was also thinking Facebook would be better for many things and especially for marketing than LinkedIn because with LinkedIn the things you can market would be more limited because it's more business oriented. With Facebook you have a wider variety of options for many things.

ulterios

Between these two I like Facebook better. It just seems to fit my current needs better than Linkedin does. I really don't market or promote much business and/or professional things which is what Linkedin would be better suited for.

Of course for some people Linkedin would be the better choice but for me I prefer Facebook between these two choices. ;)

Dean

I really don't market or promote much business and/or professional things which is what Linkedin would be better suited for.
Well maybe that's a niche that you should get more into and see if it can be a profitable one for you. Younever know, you might do quite well in that market.

Catherine1

I like Facebook much better than Linkedin for general use because it's much more laid back. The marketing part will probably be who you are trying to market to.

Storm

Linkedin is more for business and professionals so if you are in that area then that will probably be better than Facebook. If you are not in that area then Facebook should be better.

JennyJ

I like Facebook better than Linkedin. I have been able to get some good interaction and traffic from Facebook and that's my main reasons. Linkedin is more for making business or job related contacts I think.

ulterios

Linkedin is more for making business or job related contacts I think.
Both Facebook and LinkedIn can be good for that but you are right, LinkedIn is usually more fitting for those needs. It depends on what exactly your goals are that you would like to achieve in the social media sites and what niche you are in.

Sudipta Sen

Facebook is the better choice for promotion the products or services, where you can discover a large number of viewers. LinkedIn helps to attach with only professional business peoples where you can also create leads.

JennyJ

Both Facebook and LinkedIn can be good for that but you are right, LinkedIn is usually more fitting for those needs. It depends on what exactly your goals are that you would like to achieve in the social media sites and what niche you are in.
Well right now I am mostly looking to market content for my blog. I think that Facebook works rather well for that.

I would like to try out some of the other social media websites one of these days.

Traveler

I like Facebook better myself but I guess if I was doing some business to business marketing then I would probably like Linkedin better since it's more business professional oriented.

Maria Marketing

I like Facebook for my purposes. Linked in doesn't seem like it's the right place for marketers unless you are wanting to market only to business professionals.

Dean

I like Facebook for my purposes. Linked in doesn't seem like it's the right place for marketers unless you are wanting to market only to business professionals.
That's true, it really depends a lot on what you are marketing and who you are targeting.

Smith-K

Actually both are good it's just that there are cold leads on both the platforms and it is our duty to turn them into customers. I have some really good success with facebook ads in the past and I managed to get clients in a ver odd niche not many would have had success with. As for Linkedin, the ads platform is very costly and I have seen very less case studies of people finding success with it.

david smith

Both social media website cater to audiences that are coming for different reasons on the social media. Users on Facebook come mostly for seeking friends and updates that are going around. Users on LinkedIn come more focused on connecting with professionals and influencers; LinkedIn is also useful for Networking.