Do you Market Affiliate Web Hosting Services?

Do you Market Affiliate Web Hosting Services?

• Yes

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • No

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Not yet

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Never will

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ulterios

A few years back it seemed like just about everyone was marketing web hosting services. Some did it on their websites or blogs, some through social media, some through email marketing or some other marketing practices. It used to be very lucrative but I don't know if it still is, considering the competition.

I'm curious as to if it's still marketed by the majority of affiliate marketers.

I do a little marketing of web hosting services but for the most part this hasn't been a big part of my marketing efforts.

Share your thoughts on web hosting services affiliate marketing and and how much (if any) you market web hosting services and if you get much success with it.

Dean

I have marketed them a little bit over the last couple of years but I really haven't done much marketing for them the last few months. I've been busy with other projects but I imagine I will still market them looking forward.

One thing that I like to do is only market good reputable hosting companies. Otherwise if someone has a problem or if something goes wrong for them with their host they might be upset with me, seeing my marketing as an endorsement. So I tend to use only hosing companies I have used or hosting companies with good reputations.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Dean

vishwa

Web hosting industry is highly competitive and also more lucrative. I am promoting few web hosting sites and getting commissions from it. All you have to do is to choose a right web hosting company and promote its features and services. I usually give priority to the new hosting companies to make their sales grow.

ulterios

I usually give priority to the new hosting companies to make their sales grow.

Do you think that using new and not well known hosting companies can lower your potential earning?

A lot of times people like to buy from a familiar company that they know or have heard of. Some people might be concerned if they were to buy from a hosting they are not familiar with and have never heard of.

vishwa

Do you think that using new and not well known hosting companies can lower your potential earning?

A lot of times people like to buy from a familiar company that they know or have heard of. Some people might be concerned if they were to buy from a hosting they are not familiar with and have never heard of.

I think we should have to promote new players in hosting market to increase more competition in terms of quality and services. I personally use the new hosting companies for 3 months and if i find them reliable than I would write a review on them and promote them on my blog.

Dean

I think we should have to promote new players in hosting market to increase more competition in terms of quality and services. I personally use the new hosting companies for 3 months and if i find them reliable than I would write a review on them and promote them on my blog.
Good point there. If there is more competition then the hosting companies should all be trying to offer better service, quality and pricing. That can help consumers get more for their money! :)

Cheers, Dean

ulterios

I think we should have to promote new players in hosting market to increase more competition in terms of quality and services.
That's always a good idea. More competition should mean that us buyers of those services are getting more value for our money. ;)

I personally use the new hosting companies for 3 months and if i find them reliable than I would write a review on them and promote them on my blog.
Do you test out their customer support as well? Also, do they know that you are evaluating them for a potential review?

vishwa

That's always a good idea. More competition should mean that us buyers of those services are getting more value for our money. ;)

Do you test out their customer support as well? Also, do they know that you are evaluating them for a potential review?

Yes, I do check their customer support as well. I have checked all the hosting site on every point. I joined them as a normal customer and they did not know that I am evaluating them for my review. When I find them reliable on every aspect than I move to their affiliate program.

ulterios

Yes, I do check their customer support as well. I have checked all the hosting site on every point. I joined them as a normal customer and they did not know that I am evaluating them for my review. When I find them reliable on every aspect than I move to their affiliate program.
That's great. I think that's the best way to get a good quality review that is accurate and honest.

I have had several hosts in the past offer to set me up with a hosting account for free just to review their services. The thing is, they would have in their system that I was a reviewer so they would surely give me better service and probably put me on their best servers. That wouldn't be an accurate review so I always turn them down.

I would always want to do a review without the host knowing they were being reviewed, that way the review is accurate and your audience will respect you more. :)

KeralMTG

I am going to be getting a new blog up and going soon so I will be putting some web hosting affiliate ads on it when it is up and going. I have been doing much research on different ones so I can put ads from the best ones.

Argus

I have been doing much reading about many things and I saw on one website that it is best to have web hosting advertisements on technical websites and website tips and help websites. Is this true or does it mean that it will do better on those?

Traveler

Web hosting services was one of the first affiliate products that I was marketing and the money was good then. Now there are a lot less sales because there are so many affiliates that are selling these services so it can be much harder to get enough sales to make good money.

Ben

It seems like everyone is marketing hosting services these days too. Everywhere I look I see ads for hosting. I would think that the market is saturated with hosting ads and that'll make selling them too hard. I have thought about marketing them myself because of the high payouts but I don't know if it's a waste of time due to all the other marketers pushing these services.

JennyJ

I haven't marketed web hosting services yet but I have been seeing them being advertised on almost all the affiliate marketing blogs so I have been wondering if they are good to market. They must be good or the marketing blogs would use other products in their marketing efforts or at least I would think.

I have been trying to figure out if I should market web hosting services myself.

Kania

Yes I market web hosting affiliate offers but I only have a few sales. I think the competition is high and too many people are trying to market them.

ulterios

I have been trying to figure out if I should market web hosting services myself.
Sure, why not try it? You never know, it might be something that works out well for you. ;)

Yes I market web hosting affiliate offers but I only have a few sales. I think the competition is high and too many people are trying to market them.
Yes the competition is high because of the commission rates that some of them pay and the fact that everyone wants their own site these days.

You just have to be consistent and persistent in your marketing efforts and you'll probably get many more sales. ;)

Kania

You just have to be consistent and persistent in your marketing efforts and you'll probably get many more sales. ;)
Oh I know this. I have been trying to do as much learning about different marketing techniques so that I can get the most benefits from the time that I spend doing it. I am learning quite a lot so I think I will do fine.

Marcos

I used to market web hosting affiliate offers a few years ago but I have not done it in a while. I might be getting back to doing them because they used to make good earnings for me.

ulterios

I used to market web hosting affiliate offers a few years ago but I have not done it in a while. I might be getting back to doing them because they used to make good earnings for me.
They might make you good money again. Things have changed over the last several years but I am sure that you will catch on quickly since you have previous knowledge in that area.

Good luck. ;)

Marcos

They might make you good money again. Things have changed over the last several years but I am sure that you will catch on quickly since you have previous knowledge in that area.

Good luck. ;)
Yes maybe. I just need to find out what is new and do some reading on it so I know what is the current best ways.