What was your first website?

ulterios

Most of us here on Internet Marketing Star are or have been website or blog owners at some point, even if it was just landing pages or squeeze pages.

My very first website was for my computer shop and repair service way back in the 90's.

What type of website was your very first website or blog?

Dean

My first website was a sports card informational website. I have been collecting sports cards off and on since I was a boy and when I created the website there were not that many sports card websites that provided information on them.

It also had a message board kind of like a forum for sports card collectors to buy, sell and trade sports cards.

I haven't been back into collecting in the last several years, mainly due to time constraints. I have had thoughts about creating an ecommerce sports card website but just haven't gotten serious about it yet. Maybe some day but right now I just have too many websites as it is.

Maria Marketing

My first website was several years ago and it was for my accounting business. I made it using one of those drag and drop site builders. Looking back now it seemed a little cheap looking but it was a start.

ulterios

My first website is consumer forum, I have recently developed my website name is Voxya. This is online consumer forum website where consumer can make their complaints online. I have used my skills PHP to develop this website.
A very interesting idea for a website,I like that. Why did you decide to build a website for consumer complaints?

HostXNow

With the help of an online buddy, we first set up a music community around 2005 for DJs, producers, and music fans where they could also share their DJ mixes, had an online internet radio station too. Unfortunately, there was an issue from a competitor with a similar name who after a few years saw how well it was doing and threatened us with legal nonsense, and when we shut down the internet radio the site was never the same. Now it's just redirected.

But I learnt a lot doing it all which got me into Web Design and then Web Hosting and so it was all worth it in the end.

ulterios

With the help of an online buddy, we first set up a music community around 2005 for DJs, producers, and music fans where they could also share their DJ mixes, had an online internet radio station too.
That's pretty cool. Who ran the radio station?

Unfortunately, there was an issue from a competitor with a similar name who after a few years saw how well it was doing and threatened us with legal nonsense, and when we shut down the internet radio the site was never the same.
What, some kind of trademark/copyright issue with the name?

But I learnt a lot doing it all which got me into Web Design and then Web Hosting and so it was all worth it in the end.
That's quite a change going from and online music site and ending up in web hosting! ;)

HostXNow

That's pretty cool. Who ran the radio station?

There were two of us running it mainly. It was called DJPassion.co.uk - we added internet radio later. It was a lot of fun. I still have the old forum for it.

What, some kind of trademark/copyright issue with the name?

Yes. We called the site DJ Passion Radio which caused trademark issue with Passion Radio who were .fm station too, where we were just online. Being new at the time didn't want the hassle so called it a day. I later setup DanceAirwaves.net/DanceAirwaves.com which did ok but never as good as the original DJ Passion Radio, so shutdown DA too, and I was too busy with HostXNow by then and wanted to concentre on that.

That's quite a change going from and online music site and ending up in web hosting! ;)

Sure is. Been running HostXNow for just over 7 years now and prefer it.

ulterios

We called the site DJ Passion Radio which caused trademark issue with Passion Radio who were .fm station too, where we were just online. Being new at the time didn't want the hassle so called it a day.
That was maybe the best choice at the time for you guys. Sometimes the BS and any kind of legal fees are just not worth the hassle. It bet it was a fun venture though and you got to learn a lot of things. ;)

JennyJ

My first website is kind of one of the same ones that I have now. It was on the free Wordpress blogging service and now I have it hosted on my own hosting with it's own domain. I moved my blog posts to the new one and just did a complete rebuild.

I have another that I have been working on but it's not done yet.

Dean

My first website is kind of one of the same ones that I have now. It was on the free Wordpress blogging service and now I have it hosted on my own hosting with it's own domain.
That's how many people get started blogging. They either start out on Wordpress, Blogger or one of the other free blogging platforms and then eventually move out to their own hosting and domain.

That way it can kind of teach you how to do some things about blogging and website administration before you go all out. :D

JennyJ

That's how many people get started blogging. They either start out on Wordpress, Blogger or one of the other free blogging platforms and then eventually move out to their own hosting and domain.

That way it can kind of teach you how to do some things about blogging and website administration before you go all out. :D
It worked out very well for me since I went from the free Wordpress to my own hosted Wordpress blog. It wasn't hard for me to learn anything that I didn't already know.

I think it's a good way to get your feet wet in website ownership. :D

ulterios

My first website is kind of one of the same ones that I have now. It was on the free Wordpress blogging service and now I have it hosted on my own hosting with it's own domain. I moved my blog posts to the new one and just did a complete rebuild.

I have another that I have been working on but it's not done yet.
Lots of people start out their website ownership of places like WordPress.com and then move to their own self-hosted website.

It helps you get a little experience at first before jumping all in. ;)

JennyJ

Lots of people start out their website ownership of places like WordPress.com and then move to their own self-hosted website.

It helps you get a little experience at first before jumping all in. ;)
well that's just what it did and it helped me decide to use wordpress to build my own hosted website since I was a little familiar with how to use it.

ulterios

well that's just what it did and it helped me decide to use wordpress to build my own hosted website since I was a little familiar with how to use it.
Sometimes familiarity can be a deciding factor with many things, including the software that people use for their websites. ;)

JennyJ

Sometimes familiarity can be a deciding factor with many things, including the software that people use for their websites. ;)
Yes it can be. I had to learn how to do everything that I know how to do with wordpress all by myself and some things took time. I didn't want to go through the learning process from the start again.

Kania

It depends on what you consider a real website. I had a free one on weebly that had game codes and cheats on it but I don't really consider that a real website. It was plain and only had a couple of pages and was just real basic. The blog I have now is what I consider my first real website.

kitanookami

I remember my first site was years ago when I tried to make a blog just for fun. At that time I mostly wrote about spiritual and psychological stuff but it didn't have much audiences. Most of reader are my friends (and of course not all my friends, just some of them). Gradually I lost my passion for that blog and just ignored it...
Well, good old time.

sam.hunt0710

My first website which I customized was a Informative Blog Niche : How to ....... ?? So in the blog I was posting how to ...? question & answers , also along with that was I was working over Finance Tips ( Thesis Theme ) blog . They were monetized with Adsense and some CPA offers , was getting good traffic from Social Media ( pages & group ) also from Search Engines .

RosieDaven

Huh this is so nostalgic. I remember in elementary, I made a fan-website about Charmed for people in my country. I couldn't speak English yet so it was kinda hard to get the stuff for it, but I managed. I used to have a pretty good community, the people were pretty nice, and the internet wasn't that salty and full of trolls like now. :D