What is the alternative to Wordpress?

NathanCee

I just want something that's easy and simple to build and developing websites fast.
all the functionality that Wordpress offers.

What is the alternative to Wordpress? or only wordpress is the best today?

Would appreciate your help.

Hostlumina

There are a couple blog scripts around however as the prior posts WordPress is top.

WordPress is the top blog due to the size of its support & community. I do not believe you will find anything else that is well supported unless you go through a CMS script such as Joomla or Drupal as mentioned by @elcidofaguy.

They key thing about WordPress is security and optimization. Many believe just installing it, adding a theme, and throw some content, you are good to go. There are few steps you need to take to have that secured and optimized setup.

Anyways,

Here is a list of some blog scripts you may check out however you may not find the same level of features or community support as WordPress.

• b2evolution
  • serendipity
  • dotclear
  • CMS Made Simple
  • SiteCake

Last edited:

Wizard

Plugins and the support in WordPress are good. Getting an AdSense account approved is also easy rather than blogspot. In blogspot, very tough and Google, reject your blogspot just for having any minor reason. So, Wordpress is good compare to blogspot.

Dean

There is nothing (ready made script) today that is going to directly compare to Wordpress for several reasons including the available themes, plugins, available information, ease of molding it to your needs. The closest things would probably be Drupal and Joomla.

If you know how to program/code then you can make something yourself but for something that is just download and use, Wordpress is unique in many ways for now.

Cheers, Dean.

Ben

I have been looking at options for something else besides wordpress but since I don't know how to write my own code I am stuck with the ready-made options and wordpress seems like the easiest for someone like me to get going with. I don't see many other options other than the two the member above me already posted, which I have no idea how to pronounce by the way...

ulterios

Probably the closest thing to WordPress in terms of functionality would be Drupal. The thing about Drupal is that it has a higher learning curve than WordPress does, so it's going to take longer to learn how to do everything as compared to WordPress.

Joomla is another option but I would put it third behind Drupal as far as functionality. ;)

vishwa

I just want something that's easy and simple to build and developing websites fast.
all the functionality that Wordpress offers.

What is the alternative to Wordpress? or only wordpress is the best today?

Would appreciate your help.
WordPress indeed a great platform to create blog. Today Millions of blogs are created using WordPress. It is so Intuitive CMS that you can create almost any type of sites. However If you are looking for alternatives than Ghost is one the best alternative to WordPress.

Dean

However If you are looking for alternatives than Ghost is one the best alternative to WordPress.
I don't think that I have never heard of Ghost. I was just looking on their website and it looks really nice. I like to try out other platforms just to see if I like them and what they are like.

Thanks for sharing this Vishwa. :D

Traveler

Wordpress is very popular because it has many themes and plugins to do many things so I do not think there is something that will be a similar comparison to it but there is some others but it will depend on what you want to make. There is magento, joomla, drupal, oscommerce and many more.

John11

WordPress is the most widely used plate-form and even the users who possess no programming skills can easily use it to create an application. WordPress is easier to learn and use. WordPress also has other alternatives like Durpal, Joomla and Wix. Joomla is easy to install, but functions of Joomla may involve some sort of learning and for developing a CMS application, you require to be an advanced learner.

joehue

There is a lot of alternatives, just go to this website:
bitnami.com/stacks

Click on CMS and you'll be surprised how many application are there besides WP, they even let you download any CMS you want to install it on whatever OS you're using, my favorite CMS is Joomla