Should I use a separate email for social websites?

ulterios

One of the social websites sends a lot of junk emails so this has helped to have 2 separate email accounts.
You should be able to change your notification or communication preferences so that the junk mail slows or stops all together.

I wound up having to do that myself to slow down the unneeded junk mail.

Ana

Yes that's right there is a lot of junk emails in social websites. But don't use separate Email for them use one different Email access for creating accounts.
Why not? Is that something bad?

Ana

Just use one email and you should be fine. I do not think there is any need to create a separate email ID for each social network. This will only increase your headache!
The reason I wanted to have a separate email account for the social websites is to keep it separate from my important emails. Is this a bad idea?

Ana

You should be able to change your notification or communication preferences so that the junk mail slows or stops all together.

I wound up having to do that myself to slow down the unneeded junk mail.
I have not found those settings yet but maybe I should look some more.

It totally depends on you :D If you don't like a variety Email then you should create a new or extra Mail ;) I think create a new one is best :D because it's free, use it well ;) You will get 15 gb space for google drive :p lol cheers :olov:

Ana

It totally depends on you :D If you don't like a variety Email then you should create a new or extra Mail ;) I think create a new one is best :D because it's free, use it well ;) You will get 15 gb space for google drive :p lol cheers :olov:
I do not mind getting a variety of emails but I just think it might be a better idea to keep one email for the most important things.

jay_cua

That usually works best. I have one that I use for things I think will get a lot of junk also.

I do that as well. I would like to think of it as keeping my personal and workspace separate

The business email gets all the spamming and chain mails and other work or business related stuff whilst my other personal email is to keep contact with friends and family or for my own personal endeavours such as online shopping and conversations with close clients.

jovitzdgreat

In my opinion, it would be nice and stress free if you have one email in all your social media account. It would be easier for you to navigate or know the happenings about your social media account. If you have one email in all your account, I guess if someone tries to hack one of your social media accounts, it would be easier for you to gain access.

aleanna0926

I think it’s best to have different password to every different social media account than email. Doing such may help you prevent someone accessing all of yout account even by merely knowing one social media password.

JayGum28

If you really want to secure your account, then you could create a seperate email. It lessens the probability of your accounts to be hacked. Although it's not necessary, it's still a good way to secure your accounts. Today, there is this security feature called 2 factor authenticator. It generates a code to prevent others from gaining access to your accounts. This security app saves you the time from creating multiple emails.

Ana

If you really want to secure your account, then you could create a seperate email. It lessens the probability of your accounts to be hacked. Although it's not necessary, it's still a good way to secure your accounts. Today, there is this security feature called 2 factor authenticator. It generates a code to prevent others from gaining access to your accounts. This security app saves you the time from creating multiple emails.
Where can I find out and get the 2 factor authenticator?