Should I post on the social media networks every day?

Rhombus

The quality of your posts is ultimately more important than quantity. To be honest I will unfollow due to multiple posts clogging my newsfeed. Important posts which may be beneficial get overlooked in between the nonsense (I have to post at least something) posts.

fishmonk

In terms of social media networks, it's important to have proper updates on a daily basis.However, the content of the post needs to be relevant and informative. Readers tend to be put off by long lines of text.

I usually like to include some form of media with 3 to 4 lines of text. This helps the reader to have a brief idea of the media content.

One thing to take note is not to make updates too frequently. I have seen some users dump several posts in a couple of minutes. Timing your posts is important so that it does not seem like a spam of posts.

Domingotarlejr

No, its not necessary to post daily in your social media account... maybe its a good thing that you can express your thoughts and feelings in your friend in social media but its not necessary to do that everyday sometimes you have to take a break... I myself dont usually post in my social media.. once or twice a week is enough for me... I have more time in having a good conversation with my friends than posting every single event in my life... but if we are talking about posting in your website then its a good thing to do to generate huge traffic...

jardiniere

I agree with @fishmonk above; it is important to keep the posts short and include a photograph or video to grab people's attention. People are far more likely to pay attention to something eye-grabbing, which unfortunately means you do sometimes have to post in ways you would prefer not to: attention-grabbing title, only vaguely-related image, lots of exclamation marks, etc. On the plus side, once you draw people in, you can direct them to somewhere with perhaps more information or longer chunks of text, now that you know they're interested.

One thing to take note is not to make updates too frequently. I have seen some users dump several posts in a couple of minutes. Timing your posts is important so that it does not seem like a spam of posts.
This is accurate, too. Putting up several posts in a short amount of time is a great way to get unfollowed/unliked by people! Find an automated system that works for you and stick with it. Post once a day if you want, or every other day, or twice a day, but if you have several posts you want to put up all at once, either condense them into one or schedule them so they're spread out. That way people aren't seeing more than one or two from you per day, which is a lot less in-your-face than a string of back-to-back posts. Occasional reminders are much friendlier than textually or visually assaulting people repeatedly to get their attention.

augusta

yes, for internet marketing, it is pertinent that one post everyday. this will bring more traffic to a site,increase sales and the thing posted about more popular.

posting everyday about a brand or product is like a window display or a gateway to making the typed thing well-known.

goldlady

Well if your are looking for more traffic... of course, you should! Posting every day, whether you do SEO or not with every post you make it will help you to promote your website. I think most of the people feel that someone who update their social media on a daily basis are more closer with the community and that will help you to have better feedbacks!

JoeMilford

I think that posting on social media sites every day is definitely a good idea. You must constantly increase traffic for your business, and if you post in a certain way which is not too aggressive, I think that daily posts can really steer people to your sites in a positive way.

layolee

In my opinion, I believe frequent posting on social media without a goal is almost a waste of time.
For example, when advertising, I tend to post intermittently, let's say a period of 3-4 hours per post, this gives me the opportunity to reach my target audience that may not have seen my earlier post.
I only apply the above when I'm advertising a product though. But when I'm posting about how bored I am or about how great my day went or how I'm feeling at the moment, I only post once and I'm off.
I hope this helps.

Kamarsun9

It won't hurt if you do, and I try to post onto social media sites everyday, it's a good way to stay active. I just don't overdue it, between 1 to 3 post a day is plenty for me about my audience.

Traveler

In terms of social media networks, it's important to have proper updates on a daily basis.However, the content of the post needs to be relevant and informative. Readers tend to be put off by long lines of text.

I usually like to include some form of media with 3 to 4 lines of text. This helps the reader to have a brief idea of the media content.

How frequently would you recommend? I am still just a beginner with social media.

I agree with @fishmonk above; it is important to keep the posts short and include a photograph or video to grab people's attention. People are far more likely to pay attention to something eye-grabbing, which unfortunately means you do sometimes have to post in ways you would prefer not to: attention-grabbing title, only vaguely-related image, lots of exclamation marks, etc. On the plus side, once you draw people in, you can direct them to somewhere with perhaps more information or longer chunks of text, now that you know they're interested.

This is accurate, too. Putting up several posts in a short amount of time is a great way to get unfollowed/unliked by people! Find an automated system that works for you and stick with it. Post once a day if you want, or every other day, or twice a day, but if you have several posts you want to put up all at once, either condense them into one or schedule them so they're spread out. That way people aren't seeing more than one or two from you per day, which is a lot less in-your-face than a string of back-to-back posts. Occasional reminders are much friendlier than textually or visually assaulting people repeatedly to get their attention.
How far apart should I do my posts if I have multiples to do? I'm trying to figure out how to use social media and have a lot to learn.

Well if your are looking for more traffic... of course, you should! Posting every day, whether you do SEO or not with every post you make it will help you to promote your website. I think most of the people feel that someone who update their social media on a daily basis are more closer with the community and that will help you to have better feedbacks!
Yes traffic is one of my main goals for my social media activities. I just need to figure out all the things I need to do and find a way to get them all done right.

I think that posting on social media sites every day is definitely a good idea. You must constantly increase traffic for your business, and if you post in a certain way which is not too aggressive, I think that daily posts can really steer people to your sites in a positive way.
My problem is that I don't know what is considered as being aggressive. I don't want to be looking like a spammer.

In my opinion, I believe frequent posting on social media without a goal is almost a waste of time.
For example, when advertising, I tend to post intermittently, let's say a period of 3-4 hours per post, this gives me the opportunity to reach my target audience that may not have seen my earlier post.
I only apply the above when I'm advertising a product though. But when I'm posting about how bored I am or about how great my day went or how I'm feeling at the moment, I only post once and I'm off.
I hope this helps.
So if I keep 3-4 hours between my posts then that is long enough to not look bad?

jardiniere

So if I keep 3-4 hours between my posts then that is long enough to not look bad?

It depends on what you're advertising and the platform you're using. On Facebook, I wouldn't post more than twice a day unless you have good reason to (ie frequently changing information that you need to update people about often)--but Facebook also lets you put up sponsored posts that will stay up for a while. I haven't personally used them, so I'm not sure exactly how they're scheduled (perhaps someone else in here knows?), but I do know that I see sponsored posts fairly regularly, and I often see the same one more than once. That way you know Facebook is occasionally sliding your sponsored post into people's feeds without coming off as aggressive or obtrusive. They seem to appear for about a week and then either go away or are replaced by another post from the same page.

On Twitter, you have a bit more flexibility with posting frequency, in my opinion. Twitter messages are short and move fast, so it's easy to send out small bits of information more frequently. For Facebook, I don't want to see the same page posting 5 things a day, but on Twitter, that's no problem at all. If you want to update people multiple times a day about an event or information that changes very frequently, Twitter is a great place to do that. That's why I like it for customer support--it's easy for customers to request help, and all customer service responses are visible on the Twitter page, so people with similar problems can easily see how it was handled. Facebook tends to hide messages like that from customers--a tiny box off to the side, while Twitter makes them (momentarily) front and center (and easy to find after that). You can pretty much post as often as you want on Twitter, since things move so quickly, and there are several available scheduling programs that will let you schedule tweets ahead of time and have them sent out automatically, so you don't have to manually post each tweet.

Instagram is, of course, better for photos than lengthy chunks of text. It once again depends on what you're representing, but you have a bit more flexibility here--some people will post multiple times a day on Instagram, and others only post occasionally. But posts are easy to see and find (if your information is represented visually, at least). My personal recommendation (and feel free to disagree) would be to post 1-2 photos a day on Instagram (if it's applicable). It's frequent enough that regular users will see your posts without being overwhelmed by too many.

I think the best way to handle this is to find other companies and organizations similar to your situation, and see how they space out their posts on each individual platform. See how they handle customer interaction, how frequently they post and what size audience they seem to get, etc. Maybe you'll find a company that tweets so infrequently that they're losing followers. Maybe you'll discover an Instagram star. See what they're doing and how it's going for them, and learn from their successes and mistakes.

I think there's a sweet spot with post frequency for each platform, but beside these approximate guidelines, the best way to figure out what really works for you is to try it. Try posting once a day on Facebook, and then the next week post every other day. See what seems to get the most attention without being overly aggressive. Pay attention to how pages that you follow post. Maybe some post too often and get in your way, so you hid the page from your timeline--learn from that. Maybe you have one business you just love that only posts once a week but the posts are very high quality. Just pay attention to how others post, and play around with it a little. It may take some time to work out all the kinks, but I think eventually you'll find what works for you.

shilpa

Yes, you should definitely make it a habit to post on social media. Seeing the power and attention they are exploiting as well as enjoying nowadays, it becomes indispensable for any business to promote itself on these platforms. No one knows what the true power of social media is, for it is impossible to gauge such things. We have seen examples how certain things became viral on social media and were so popularized by people. and we have also seen complete downgrade of many popular icons. But it is clear that social media today enjoys a very influential role when it comes to promotion. And that said the advertising and promotion doesn't have to be paid most of the times, and it takes less painful ways to do so. If you're good then you'll definitely get what you want. If you know what people want then you're likely to have success when promoting yourself or your products or services on social media. You just need an open and attentive mind.

Traveler

It depends on what you're advertising and the platform you're using. On Facebook, I wouldn't post more than twice a day unless you have good reason to (ie frequently changing information that you need to update people about often)--but Facebook also lets you put up sponsored posts that will stay up for a while. I haven't personally used them, so I'm not sure exactly how they're scheduled (perhaps someone else in here knows?), but I do know that I see sponsored posts fairly regularly, and I often see the same one more than once. That way you know Facebook is occasionally sliding your sponsored post into people's feeds without coming off as aggressive or obtrusive. They seem to appear for about a week and then either go away or are replaced by another post from the same page.

On Twitter, you have a bit more flexibility with posting frequency, in my opinion. Twitter messages are short and move fast, so it's easy to send out small bits of information more frequently. For Facebook, I don't want to see the same page posting 5 things a day, but on Twitter, that's no problem at all. If you want to update people multiple times a day about an event or information that changes very frequently, Twitter is a great place to do that. That's why I like it for customer support--it's easy for customers to request help, and all customer service responses are visible on the Twitter page, so people with similar problems can easily see how it was handled. Facebook tends to hide messages like that from customers--a tiny box off to the side, while Twitter makes them (momentarily) front and center (and easy to find after that). You can pretty much post as often as you want on Twitter, since things move so quickly, and there are several available scheduling programs that will let you schedule tweets ahead of time and have them sent out automatically, so you don't have to manually post each tweet.

Instagram is, of course, better for photos than lengthy chunks of text. It once again depends on what you're representing, but you have a bit more flexibility here--some people will post multiple times a day on Instagram, and others only post occasionally. But posts are easy to see and find (if your information is represented visually, at least). My personal recommendation (and feel free to disagree) would be to post 1-2 photos a day on Instagram (if it's applicable). It's frequent enough that regular users will see your posts without being overwhelmed by too many.

I think the best way to handle this is to find other companies and organizations similar to your situation, and see how they space out their posts on each individual platform. See how they handle customer interaction, how frequently they post and what size audience they seem to get, etc. Maybe you'll find a company that tweets so infrequently that they're losing followers. Maybe you'll discover an Instagram star. See what they're doing and how it's going for them, and learn from their successes and mistakes.

I think there's a sweet spot with post frequency for each platform, but beside these approximate guidelines, the best way to figure out what really works for you is to try it. Try posting once a day on Facebook, and then the next week post every other day. See what seems to get the most attention without being overly aggressive. Pay attention to how pages that you follow post. Maybe some post too often and get in your way, so you hid the page from your timeline--learn from that. Maybe you have one business you just love that only posts once a week but the posts are very high quality. Just pay attention to how others post, and play around with it a little. It may take some time to work out all the kinks, but I think eventually you'll find what works for you.
Thanks for the detailed reply. I know that social media is good and has it's uses but a lot of it is just stuff I don't know much about. People keep saying that the social media websites can really help your traffic and marketing but since I am still learning about the best ways to use them I just don't get much from them yet.

Yes, you should definitely make it a habit to post on social media. Seeing the power and attention they are exploiting as well as enjoying nowadays, it becomes indispensable for any business to promote itself on these platforms. No one knows what the true power of social media is, for it is impossible to gauge such things. We have seen examples how certain things became viral on social media and were so popularized by people. and we have also seen complete downgrade of many popular icons. But it is clear that social media today enjoys a very influential role when it comes to promotion. And that said the advertising and promotion doesn't have to be paid most of the times, and it takes less painful ways to do so. If you're good then you'll definitely get what you want. If you know what people want then you're likely to have success when promoting yourself or your products or services on social media. You just need an open and attentive mind.
I'm not good at anything social yet but I am hoping to get there one day. I don't get much benefit from it now but I know I just need to learn more about it. Thanks for your help.

Melker

Those are some that I was looking into and also some others. I'm trying to see which one will give me the best features for the cost.
When I was looking at some of them they all seemed to be similar in what they offer for their free plans. The paid plans are where they start to have more differences.

Traveler

When I was looking at some of them they all seemed to be similar in what they offer for their free plans. The paid plans are where they start to have more differences.
I was looking at them and noticed that. I saw that some have Google+ and some don't also.

vinaya

If you have well maintained blog or website, you should always make sure to share your contents on social media. sharing on social media not only generates free traffic, but also sends social signals which is good for your site. I always share my posts on social media. I make sure to share every day.

Yup, agreed, a daily activity is important because 1) you need to keep bringing your followers' attention back to you (without being annoying, that is) and 2) it makes it easy to understand if the website or social page is still active or not, which is probably the worst turnoff for a visitor and could lead them to never check back again.
Making around three posts a day sounds fine to me. The further away you time them, the more likely you are to catch the attention of people from different timezones (if you want to have a global audience) and the more successful you'll be. Don't be pressing, but stay alive.
As you grow bigger, you can start slackening your pace and even live off 1/2 posts a day, if you find it too tiresome. Obviously, though, it would be ideal to keep the 3/4 posts a day going.

JoJo

I try to post on the social media network websites every day but sometimes I am not able to. Does anyone think that it is needed to post every day on the social media networks or is it ok to post almost every day?

I don't agree that to make money one has to post every day. It really depends on what you are pushing [marketing] and to whom you are trying to sell to. If you have established yourself as an Expert in a forum or blog by contributing great content and/or advise over time, it will become less important how often you post.

Myself, I've made hundreds of dollars over the years, by simply adding a link to 2 forums on which I am lucky to post to once or 2x a month. But as mentioned, I have built up my image through thousands of good, relevant posts and engaging posts- and I rarely ever post about the link in my signature, I just contribute to conversations I am interested in and like minded people will often click on the link to check it out.

But if you are just there to post your link then yes, more exposure is definitely needed because you increase the number of eyes needed to view your link to get one quality click through. (numbers game, it may take 5000-10,000 page views to get even 1 or 2 to click thru - where if you've narrowed down market & established yourself as an expert, the page views will normally be lower) and as my avatar indicates, I like to work smarter not harder.....

PedroP

Personally, I believe in "Quality over quantity". I prefer to post twice a week to promote articles that are already written and posted than to post every day. Still, Im not saying that I'm against posting every day just that it is preferable to post something with content rather than post just for the sake of posting.

Traveler

If you have well maintained blog or website, you should always make sure to share your contents on social media. sharing on social media not only generates free traffic, but also sends social signals which is good for your site. I always share my posts on social media. I make sure to share every day.
What do you mean by well maintained? Posts made regularly or the upkeep of a site?
Yup, agreed, a daily activity is important because 1) you need to keep bringing your followers' attention back to you (without being annoying, that is) and 2) it makes it easy to understand if the website or social page is still active or not, which is probably the worst turnoff for a visitor and could lead them to never check back again.
Making around three posts a day sounds fine to me. The further away you time them, the more likely you are to catch the attention of people from different timezones (if you want to have a global audience) and the more successful you'll be. Don't be pressing, but stay alive.
As you grow bigger, you can start slackening your pace and even live off 1/2 posts a day, if you find it too tiresome. Obviously, though, it would be ideal to keep the 3/4 posts a day going.
Oh, so if I do three a day then every 8 hours would be good then?
I don't agree that to make money one has to post every day. It really depends on what you are pushing [marketing] and to whom you are trying to sell to. If you have established yourself as an Expert in a forum or blog by contributing great content and/or advise over time, it will become less important how often you post.

Myself, I've made hundreds of dollars over the years, by simply adding a link to 2 forums on which I am lucky to post to once or 2x a month. But as mentioned, I have built up my image through thousands of good, relevant posts and engaging posts- and I rarely ever post about the link in my signature, I just contribute to conversations I am interested in and like minded people will often click on the link to check it out.

But if you are just there to post your link then yes, more exposure is definitely needed because you increase the number of eyes needed to view your link to get one quality click through. (numbers game, it may take 5000-10,000 page views to get even 1 or 2 to click thru - where if you've narrowed down market & established yourself as an expert, the page views will normally be lower) and as my avatar indicates, I like to work smarter not harder.....
I am mostly just marketing my blog posts, reviews and things like that. Should I not worry about posting daily?
Personally, I believe in "Quality over quantity". I prefer to post twice a week to promote articles that are already written and posted than to post every day. Still, Im not saying that I'm against posting every day just that it is preferable to post something with content rather than post just for the sake of posting.
Do you post on the same two days each week or mix it around?