ShareASale vs Commission Junction - Which is best?

Dean

I have used both of these affiliate networks for many years. I like things from each of them so it's hard to say that one is clearly the best in my eyes.

I like the control panel of ShareASale along with it's reports. I like the advertiser choices at Commission Junction. I think that if I had to pick one I would say SharASale.

Which one do you like best, ShareASale or Commission Junction?

ulterios

I would probably pick ShareaSale myself although it is a tough choice because I have made more money with Commission Junction.

Traveler

I like commission junction because they have some advertisers that they do not have on shareasale. I think they also have bigger commission amounts too.

JennyJ

I am looking at both of these affiliate websites and I don't know how to tell which one is best. I am wanting to join one but I want one that is amateur friendly. Is one of these good for amateurs?

Dean

I am looking at both of these affiliate websites and I don't know how to tell which one is best. I am wanting to join one but I want one that is amateur friendly. Is one of these good for amateurs?
Actually either one will be good for you so I would go with which one has more of the advertisers that you would want to use for your website and marketing efforts.

You can go with both also. You can have advertisements from both affiliate networks on the same website if that is a concern.

JennyJ

Actually either one will be good for you so I would go with which one has more of the advertisers that you would want to use for your website and marketing efforts.

You can go with both also. You can have advertisements from both affiliate networks on the same website if that is a concern.
I'll see if I can find their advertisers and decide. Thanks

vishwa

I am currently using Shareasale and CJ. I find shareasale to give more precise reports on your sales and commissions. Cj reports are bit complicated. However both affiliate networks works great to me.

Maria Marketing

I like the selection of advertisers on cj affiliate better than on shareasale so that is my choice. I just seem to find many advertisers on cj to be more familiar and I think that can help to get more selling done.

Dean

I like the selection of advertisers on cj affiliate better than on shareasale so that is my choice. I just seem to find many advertisers on cj to be more familiar and I think that can help to get more selling done.
Shareasale has a good selection also but I do see that they have more of the well known bigger brand advertisers on Commission Junction. A lot of the advertisers on Shareasale are not as well known.

Maria Marketing

Shareasale has a good selection also but I do see that they have more of the well known bigger brand advertisers on Commission Junction. A lot of the advertisers on Shareasale are not as well known.
It just makes me seem that by using the advertisers that are not as well known you would miss out on sales because people are not familiar with them.

Dean

It just makes me seem that by using the advertisers that are not as well known you would miss out on sales because people are not familiar with them.
These days there are so many advertisers out there that it's going to be impossible to know them all so it might not make a big difference if they are well known or now.

Smith-K

These days there are so many advertisers out there that it's going to be impossible to know them all so it might not make a big difference if they are well known or now.

Well it does make a difference, what if the advertiser runs away with your hard earned money?

That is why it is always important to talk with your AM and they will help you out with the top converting offers.

Maria Marketing

That's true but I still think that the better know brands will sell better.

Well it does make a difference, what if the advertiser runs away with your hard earned money?
That is something that is a concern of mine also.

Dean

That's true but I still think that the better know brands will sell better.
That's true in many cases and with many different products or services but the more well known name brands usually charge more for their products or services also which can affect sales.

Maria Marketing

That's true in many cases and with many different products or services but the more well known name brands usually charge more for their products or services also which can affect sales.
I guess then it will be for the buyers to decide if they want a known brand at a higher price or a lower price from a less known brand. :Think:

KeralMTG

Just recently share a sale has been getting me more commission money so that is the one I like the best. :D

Dean

Just recently share a sale has been getting me more commission money so that is the one I like the best. :D
Yeah, most of us will tend to like the one that is making us the most money.

Lately my top earnings bounces to and from one to the other with which is making me the most.

ulterios

It's funny how that works out. I guess we wouldn't be marketers if we didn't like what is making us the most money! ;)