How many social media websites to start with?

How many social media websites to start with?

Discussion in 'Social Media' started by Michael, May 23, 2017.

1. Michael

Michael Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I didn't know they could do that. Thanks for telling me.

2. Michael

Michael Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    So basically just see what the competition is doing and use the same ones they are?

3. Michael

Michael Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Isn't LinkedIn just for business stuff?

4. Michael

Michael Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    How do I find out which one has the people I am looking for?

5. JennyJ

JennyJ Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    I wouldn't really know for sure how to do that but there must be some information in Google about it. I know Linkedin is good for business and professional and Pinterest is good for niches that image sharing is good like fashion, art and niches like that.

Other niches I really don't know for sure but Facebook seems to be good for all of them.

6. KeralMTG

KeralMTG Active Member

Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -1
    I would start with as many as you think you can handle and that are going to help your needs. Usually Facebook for sure and then which other ones will be good for your niche.

7. Marcos

Marcos Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    I was thinking about this myself when I started to use social media for marketing uses and in my opinion I think you should use all of them that you will have benefits from. That might not sound proper but if we are using them for marketing then that is appropriate.

8. Michael

Michael Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    @KeralMTG , I was planning on using Facebook and then go with some others maybe.

@Marcos , I would like to do that but I need to look for information about which ones would be good for me.

9. sam.hunt0710

sam.hunt0710 Moderator

Ratings:
    +170 / 3 / -0
    @Michael It would be much better if you provide us your website niche , so without having unnecessary discussion we can directly point out you which social media platform will be good for you and how you can earn more from there.

10. Marcos

Marcos Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    It is hard to know for sure but you can do a google search for which social media websites are best for your niche. I saw some guides on some websites before but I do not remember where. Sorry

11. KeralMTG

KeralMTG Active Member

Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -1
    Facebook is good always and maybe also pinterest if pictures are big for your niche.

12. Michael

Michael Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    It will be in 2 niches. One is sports and the other is probably going to be internet marketing for beginners.

13. goldlady

goldlady New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think it toally depends on the kind of product/service you want to offer and the kind of public you want to reach. I would say you should start with the most popular social media by this time like instagram, facebook and, of course, youtube!

14. Kamarsun9

Kamarsun9 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I would use as many sites as you can handle, I don't see the harm in it. I use Facebook, Twitter, Soundcloud, Youtube and Instagram the most, and it's not that hard to handle that. I like the fact that on Instagram you can link your twitter and Facebook accounts together, so one post can go to multiple sites, and there is other third party apps that make it possiable to setup one post for other social media sites.

15. Michael

Michael Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    You can set it up to automatically post on Instagram when you post on Twitter or Facebook without doing anything else other than posting on them?

16. augusta

augusta Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I think you can give a go at the different social media be it Facebook,Twitter, you-tube even instagram. There's no limit to the social networking you can do to gain followers.

17. Michael

Michael Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Is Youtube really that good for social media marketing? Don't people just watch video clips and things like that?