How many social media websites to start with?

Michael

It's totally depend upon your business services or product. What social profile is best for your business to get customer's attention. Research your competitors and learn which social profile are they using and start planning your strategies.
So basically just see what the competition is doing and use the same ones they are?

Michael

Rather than starting out using a lot of the social media websites it might be easier to just target the ones that should be best for the people you are looking for and then expand to using more as time and efforts permit.
How do I find out which one has the people I am looking for?

JennyJ

How do I find out which one has the people I am looking for?
I wouldn't really know for sure how to do that but there must be some information in Google about it. I know Linkedin is good for business and professional and Pinterest is good for niches that image sharing is good like fashion, art and niches like that.

Other niches I really don't know for sure but Facebook seems to be good for all of them.

KeralMTG

I would start with as many as you think you can handle and that are going to help your needs. Usually Facebook for sure and then which other ones will be good for your niche.

Marcos

I was thinking about this myself when I started to use social media for marketing uses and in my opinion I think you should use all of them that you will have benefits from. That might not sound proper but if we are using them for marketing then that is appropriate.

Michael

@KeralMTG , I was planning on using Facebook and then go with some others maybe.

@Marcos , I would like to do that but I need to look for information about which ones would be good for me.

Marcos

@KeralMTG , I was planning on using Facebook and then go with some others maybe.

@Marcos , I would like to do that but I need to look for information about which ones would be good for me.
It is hard to know for sure but you can do a google search for which social media websites are best for your niche. I saw some guides on some websites before but I do not remember where. Sorry

Michael

@Michael It would be much better if you provide us your website niche , so without having unnecessary discussion we can directly point out you which social media platform will be good for you and how you can earn more from there.
It will be in 2 niches. One is sports and the other is probably going to be internet marketing for beginners.

goldlady

I think it toally depends on the kind of product/service you want to offer and the kind of public you want to reach. I would say you should start with the most popular social media by this time like instagram, facebook and, of course, youtube!

Kamarsun9

I'm just getting going a little more with my internet marketing work and have started to look at the social media websites to help grow a following. I will be building up a blog for this purpose and was wondering how many social media websites is good to start with.

Should I start with just 1 like maybe Facebook and go from there or try to use several of them to get going?
I would use as many sites as you can handle, I don't see the harm in it. I use Facebook, Twitter, Soundcloud, Youtube and Instagram the most, and it's not that hard to handle that. I like the fact that on Instagram you can link your twitter and Facebook accounts together, so one post can go to multiple sites, and there is other third party apps that make it possiable to setup one post for other social media sites.

Michael

I would use as many sites as you can handle, I don't see the harm in it. I use Facebook, Twitter, Soundcloud, Youtube and Instagram the most, and it's not that hard to handle that. I like the fact that on Instagram you can link your twitter and Facebook accounts together, so one post can go to multiple sites, and there is other third party apps that make it possiable to setup one post for other social media sites.
You can set it up to automatically post on Instagram when you post on Twitter or Facebook without doing anything else other than posting on them?

augusta

I think you can give a go at the different social media be it Facebook,Twitter, you-tube even instagram. There's no limit to the social networking you can do to gain followers.

Michael

I think you can give a go at the different social media be it Facebook,Twitter, you-tube even instagram. There's no limit to the social networking you can do to gain followers.
Is Youtube really that good for social media marketing? Don't people just watch video clips and things like that?

yahm2001

For me its not necessary to have it all. I have only two social media accounts which is facebook and instagram but Im satisfied with that. It provides me many things like chatting with friends/relatives, posting and video calling. And Im contented with that.