How do I find advertisers for my website?

robertdn

Hi members,

I have a new website with a decent traffic and I would like to find out how and where to find Advertisers for the site.

What are the most effective ways that you tried and got successes with them?

Please share any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

PhillTurner

Hi Josh,

One of the best sources for Advertisers is right here on the Internet Marketing Star forum.

Keep in minds that you always need to promote your website on same forums, it's best ways to advertisers come to you.

There are more sections for you to select for your service such as:

Internet Marketing Special Offers
Web Hosting Offers
Traffic Market - Buy, Sell and Trade
Affiliate Programs Promotion
Website Marketplace - Buy, Sell or Trade

Just give me details of your website and the niche you intend to specialize in and proper advice will start flowing in your direction. I may support you on which you need.

Last edited by a moderator:

Syam

Hi members,

I have a new website with a decent traffic and I would like to find out how and where to find Advertisers for the site.

Thanks in advance.
Hello Josh ,
Its better you choose an Ad network , since Ad networks provide with 100% fill rates . Please let me know your website , ill help you out with the best networks in market .

nicegirl_Thu

Hi members,

Thanks in advance.
Hi Robertdn,
My clients have been very successful by promoting their products on FB and GG.

Waqass

Well I think that guy is asking for converting his traffic into profit. Well the most popular advertiser is Adsense. But acceptance over there is not guaranteed as they count in many factors. Beside that there are hundred of advertising companies where you can apply. You can either go for cost per click, or for impression based earning if you have a good traffic. Also referral based advertisement can also be shown on you site.
Lastly I would also recommend to show a small box on your site for the space to be advertised for booking.

Argus

Lastly I would also recommend to show a small box on your site for the space to be advertised for booking.
Are you meaning to put a sign like "Advertise Here" or something like that or just a blank space for the advertising?

Argus

Blank box might confuse the potential advertiser. By placing a box saying Advertise Here will surely catch the eyes of any possible contender that wants to advertise on your website.
Thank you. That is what I was thinking but I did not know if blank was better. Thank you.

What do you business ? What is your website ? We have tools on Internet to increase benefit

Dean

Although I have never used it, I have heard people have had good success using buysellads/com. I really never checked it out too much but it's supposed to be good and it's the top site of it's kind.

They are basically a middle man between you and the advertisers and they get a cut of the ad rates. I am not sure how much they take but since it's the top site of it's kind it will have good advertisers, so you can probably charge more than you would normally to make up the difference.

It might be a good option to check out.

Cheers, Dean.

ulterios

Another way that you can possibly find advertisers for your website is to market your site on forums that are related to the niche of your website. Put links or the URL of your website in your signature on those forums and you might have some advertisers see the link and check out your site.

You can also post on related forums under their website review or similar category and that might attract some advertisers for your site. ;)

ulterios

You can also look into projectwonderful.com
Have you ever used them yourself? I ask because I was looking into them a while back but since their site looks a little cheap on the home/index page I wasn't so sure if they would be worth trying out.

TCoder

Have you ever used them yourself? I ask because I was looking into them a while back but since their site looks a little cheap on the home/index page I wasn't so sure if they would be worth trying out.

I'm a current advertiser with them, I haven't used them as a publisher. I'm most likely going to be an publisher, just haven't got around to setting it up on my other sites. I did chat with the owner via email and asked him a few questions about publishing. Here's what I was told.

1) Your traffic is divided into 4 regions (US, Europe, Canada, Everywhere Else) - Which means 1 ad block can have 4 different advertisers per region. Obviously, different regions are going to yield more money based on traffic and advertisers for those regions.

2) As an advertisers, I know what countries don't buy my services, I know which traffic is worthless to me and I don't bid in that area. When you pay for advertising on this site and others (you're forced to advertise as a whole, not as a region) when looking up the stats and you see 40% of the traffic come from a region I'm not interested in. Then I know I'm tossing away good money.

3) Now as a publisher you can set minimums you're willing to accept per region, say you want $1 a day for your US traffic and .25 a day for your European traffic, and .10 for Canadain and .10 for everywhere else (you can do that)

4) If no one is willing to pay your minimums then you just stick whatever default AD you want in that slot and when someone comes a long and pays it, your default ad is replaced with the new advertisers ad (To me this is a win-win situation, if you have adsense, or whatever paying more. Then you display that, but if someone comes along and bids over your minimum then your other ad is replaced with that advertisers ad.

5) The advertiser will see your traffic stats, so you can't hide it and you can't pretend your site is busier than what it really is. I like that, because getting places to tell you the true breakdown of their stats is a pain. I also don't like the fact that some sites have a different display for mobile and your ad's won't show on the mobile design just the desktop and then they lump both traffic together when they tell you how much traffic they have. (It's hard getting honest answers from people)

Anyway, just is probably way more then you really asked for, but it's how I see things.

ulterios

I'm a current advertiser with them, I haven't used them as a publisher. I'm most likely going to be an publisher, just haven't got around to setting it up on my other sites. I did chat with the owner via email and asked him a few questions about publishing. Here's what I was told.

1) Your traffic is divided into 4 regions (US, Europe, Canada, Everywhere Else) - Which means 1 ad block can have 4 different advertisers per region. Obviously, different regions are going to yield more money based on traffic and advertisers for those regions.

2) As an advertisers, I know what countries don't buy my services, I know which traffic is worthless to me and I don't bid in that area. When you pay for advertising on this site and others (you're forced to advertise as a whole, not as a region) when looking up the stats and you see 40% of the traffic come from a region I'm not interested in. Then I know I'm tossing away good money.

3) Now as a publisher you can set minimums you're willing to accept per region, say you want $1 a day for your US traffic and .25 a day for your European traffic, and .10 for Canadain and .10 for everywhere else (you can do that)

4) If no one is willing to pay your minimums then you just stick whatever default AD you want in that slot and when someone comes a long and pays it, your default ad is replaced with the new advertisers ad (To me this is a win-win situation, if you have adsense, or whatever paying more. Then you display that, but if someone comes along and bids over your minimum then your other ad is replaced with that advertisers ad.

5) The advertiser will see your traffic stats, so you can't hide it and you can't pretend your site is busier than what it really is. I like that, because getting places to tell you the true breakdown of their stats is a pain. I also don't like the fact that some sites have a different display for mobile and your ad's won't show on the mobile design just the desktop and then they lump both traffic together when they tell you how much traffic they have. (It's hard getting honest answers from people)

Anyway, just is probably way more then you really asked for, but it's how I see things.
Well it seems like quite an elaborate advertising system. I like the ability to target the different areas versus just a single "no-choice" option that some systems have.

Have you seen good results from this system versus other options?

I might be looking for trying out some other advertising options myself for a few sites but I really haven't had a chance to do much research because I have been very busy lately. Something like this seems like it has some good things going that might work for my needs.

BTW, thank for the information and the reply. I appreciate it and it helps. :)

Dean

I just recently took my own advice and applied as a publisher with one of my sites. They said it takes up to 4 days to be approved.
Looks like a very promising program that they have. They seem to have a little different way that they do things than other options I have used in the past on my sites. I have a couple of sites that I have been debating on trying out some new advertising options on so I might give this one a shot and see how it does. Thanks for letting us know about this program.

Cheers, Dean.

vishwa

Hi members,

Thanks in advance.
If your website have decent traffic than you can go for Buysellads. They are one of the biggest marketplace to sell ad spaces on your website. You will get good rates and some premium advertisers there.

Dean

If your website have decent traffic than you can go for Buysellads. They are one of the biggest marketplace to sell ad spaces on your website. You will get good rates and some premium advertisers there.
I haven't used them on any of my sites before. Have you used them on yours? If you did, how did you like them?

I have been looking into other options for a couple of my sites and I was thinking of trying the one that @TCoder mentioned above and then this one and see how they do. I just don't know anyone who has used these as a site owner.

Cheers, Dean.

TCoder

I was just approved, you can check out the adblock here: phphelp.com/forum/index.php

Well it has my ad in their now (Which can change if you check it), but you can put any ad you want in the block and if someone comes a long an pays your asking price, it will switch out.

This gives you the opportunity to use whatever platform you want, then you can override it when someone pays what you're asking. People see how much it will cost to take over that slot on the day basis. Keep in mind it's based on where you come from, because you're selling the ad in 4 different regions.