Drupal vs Joomla

Traveler

The last couple of weeks I have been thinking of starting another website and was thinking about trying something different than Wordpress. I like Wordpress a lot but wanted to try something else since I haven't used anything different in some time.

I have narrowed it down to either Drupal or Joomla but I am not sure which one to try. Drupal used to be harder to do things in but I heard that it's much better now so I was thinking of using it but I am not sure.

Anyone have any tips or advice on which of these I should try?

Dean

Wordpress is a lot easier to do things than either of these the last time I was experimenting with them. I think that Drupal would be the one that I would choose out of these if I wanted to use something other than Wordpress as a pre-made CMS.

There seems to be a lot more information and other resources for Drupal than there is for Joomla if that is a factor for you.

Traveler

Wordpress is a lot easier to do things than either of these the last time I was experimenting with them. I think that Drupal would be the one that I would choose out of these if I wanted to use something other than Wordpress as a pre-made CMS.

There seems to be a lot more information and other resources for Drupal than there is for Joomla if that is a factor for you.
Drupal was the one I was thinking about trying out again but the last time it was not easy to do things like in wordpress. I saw a lot more things out there for drupal myself and that was something I was thinking about.

Storm

Is there something specific that you're looking for another CMS to do better than Wordpress? A little more information might help us give you the best option to try.

Storm

Unless you don't like wordpress then why do you want to try another cms?
I like Wordpress myself but don't mind trying out other software to see if maybe I like it better or it has something that I prefer.

ulterios

If you wanted to try some other CMS besides WordPress then I think that you'll probably like Drupal the best even though it's probable going to be a little tougher to pick up over Joomla.

Both are decent choices after WordPress IMO but with all that's available for Drupal it will probably be easier to get something setup that you'll like the end result.

Traveler

If you wanted to try some other CMS besides WordPress then I think that you'll probably like Drupal the best even though it's probable going to be a little tougher to pick up over Joomla.

Both are decent choices after WordPress IMO but with all that's available for Drupal it will probably be easier to get something setup that you'll like the end result.
Now after reading more on Drupal there are a lot of people that say it is still more difficult to create websites if you don't know it so I might try Joomla just to see if it is easier.

ulterios

Now after reading more on Drupal there are a lot of people that say it is still more difficult to create websites if you don't know it so I might try Joomla just to see if it is easier.
That's kind of been the thing that lots of people say about Drupal, that it's more difficult to build a site with. It has it's benefits though but most people prefer easy over anything else. ;)

Traveler

That's kind of been the thing that lots of people say about Drupal, that it's more difficult to build a site with. It has it's benefits though but most people prefer easy over anything else. ;)
I prefer easy myself but I was just curious about if something else might be capable of producing a better website in one way or another.

ulterios

I prefer easy myself but I was just curious about if something else might be capable of producing a better website in one way or another.
Well I can appreciate that. If you never try out new things you might be missing out on something better. ;)

What I have always heard over the years is that Drupal is supposed to be more secure. I don't know if that's true or not but I have seen that mentioned a lot.

Traveler

Well I can appreciate that. If you never try out new things you might be missing out on something better. ;)

What I have always heard over the years is that Drupal is supposed to be more secure. I don't know if that's true or not but I have seen that mentioned a lot.
I read a couple of things that said it was more secure myself. I haven't really had any kind of security problems with my wordpress site so that isn't a top priority for me. Yeah it's important but not why I am looking at other software.

Kania

I tried to use both of these once but they were not as easy to get my blog setup so I switched to wordpress. It was much easier than these 2 but maybe it is because I am new at making blogs with only a little experience. Wordpress was just much easier for me.