Do you work 7 days a week?

Dean

I am the type of person that always has to keep busy doing something and partially because of this I work 7 days a week, always. Plus I am always trying to improve my websites and marketing and that contributes to that as well. I am wondering how many, if any, of you work 7 days a week either online or away from home.

Do you work 7 days a week or do you take a day or two to relax or do some other activities?

Cheers, Dean.

Last edited:

Maria Marketing

I work 5 days a week at my job and on the weekends I am working around the house either taking care of my children and tending to the house needs. I also do much of my marketing research in the evenings and on weekends. So I guess that you can say I work 7 days a week. :)

ulterios

I work 7 days a week, every week. I always have so much work to do that if I took the weekends off then I would just fall way behind on everything I need to do. I do different things, so at least there is a mix of what has to be done so it doesn't get boring. I am marketing, working on my websites, helping out on some forums and lots of other things.

There is always something that needs to be done so day or days off is not an option. ;)

Storm

I usually work 5 days at my day job and then work at home on Saturday. I try to take at least one day off a week and it's usually Sunday.

Ben

Whether it's at my physical job, online or around the house doing chores and home stuff, I am working almost every day. I always tell myself that I am going to take one of the weekend days off and not work but it never seems to happen that way...

matteomatt

Im basically just like you, my running task list is never completed LOL. I do take breaks throughout the day often to keep myself efficient.

Dean

I do take breaks throughout the day often to keep myself efficient.
I try to do that myself but seem to always be forgetting about taking breaks because I get so involved in my tasks. I do know that I would probably be more efficient if I did take some kind of regular breaks just to kind of recharge my batteries. LOL

Cheers, Dean.

Traveler

I try to only work about 6 days a week so I don't get burned out but many times I wind up working 7 days anyway. I have a big task list that is always having things added to it so I need to at least try to take a day off.

ulterios

I try to only work about 6 days a week so I don't get burned out but many times I wind up working 7 days anyway.
That's kind of like how I am. I always tell myself that I am going to start working only 6 days a week OR this week I am going to take a day off. It never works out though. I have tried to do the 6 days a week thing but always wind up working every day anyway.

There is always something going on in my head about things I need to do, could do better or differently, or I get an idea about how to do something better and I get drawn back into working. ;)

Dean

I do take breaks throughout the day often to keep myself efficient.
That's actually a good way to be able to be more efficient. Taking breaks can allow you to stay more focused. I do this myself.

Another thing that I do is try not to work on any one particular task for too long unless it is needed. I try to work for maybe 30 minutes on one task then switch tasks so that I don't get burned out.

Cheers, Dean.

matteomatt

Yes things like that can be very important, I also have been writing alot of books so switching niches after each project because I am tired of writing about the first one! Then after a break its interesting again.

Dean

I also have been writing alot of books so switching niches after each project because I am tired of writing about the first one! Then after a break its interesting again.
Wow, that's great. Are these books that you sell or ones that you give away?

I have been wanting to write some books but I am just not the type that things like writing come easy for. I am fine writing blog posts and things like that but putting them into a book format and doing things longer than blog posts is just not something I think I would be too good at.

Cheers, Dean.

Isaiah10

I used to work 6 days a week at our company. It's very tiring because we always work 12 hours a day with 1 hour for breaktime. But now due to some labor issues, we now work only 5 days a week and the company even increased our salaries. Life is all good! :)

Kania

I work 7 days a week but some days I do not work except only for a few hours. I have other things I need to do for some other reasons like for my family so I can not work all the time on 7 days a week. I have been wanting to go on holiday soon so I will probably start working more to make some extra money to save for it.

Dean

I used to work 6 days a week at our company. It's very tiring because we always work 12 hours a day with 1 hour for breaktime. But now due to some labor issues, we now work only 5 days a week and the company even increased our salaries. Life is all good! :)
That's great that they increased your salaries. This was because of labor issues only or were there other reasons?

I work 7 days a week but some days I do not work except only for a few hours. I have other things I need to do for some other reasons like for my family so I can not work all the time on 7 days a week. I have been wanting to go on holiday soon so I will probably start working more to make some extra money to save for it.
I have been needing one of those myself for a long time. I am hoping to take one later this year.

Do you have any place in particular that you want to go for your holiday?

Kania

I have been needing one of those myself for a long time. I am hoping to take one later this year.

Do you have any place in particular that you want to go for your holiday?
Not really just as long as it is nice and has nice weather then I will be happy. I wanted to go to the beach somewhere but if it is not a beach then I will still be happy. :D

Dean

Not really just as long as it is nice and has nice weather then I will be happy. I wanted to go to the beach somewhere but if it is not a beach then I will still be happy. :D
I love the beach also but haven't been to one in many years. I wouldn't mind taking a vacation to the beach for a few days of rest and relaxation. :)

hgonzales2

Nope, but if I need to I will. I usually work five days a week for 8 hours a day. I think it would be quite exhausting if you don't give yourself time to rest. Having a break is necessary for me. I can work well if I have enough time to rest.

Dean

Nope, but if I need to I will. I usually work five days a week for 8 hours a day. I think it would be quite exhausting if you don't give yourself time to rest. Having a break is necessary for me. I can work well if I have enough time to rest.
I tend to be a workaholic so I can completely relate to this. I have tried to take time off from working but I tend to get bored if I am not doing something constructive.

Plus I always have so many things going that I need to do and keep up with it's hard for me to take days off to rest.

Marcos

One way or another I always end up working 7 days a week. I try to take a day to relax but that does not happen. Even if I am trying to take a relaxation day on the weekend I end up doing work in my garden or working on some other project.

I like to stay busy and just sitting around leaves me anxious to do something so I always find something to occupy myself.