Are Wordpress page builder plugins good?

Marcos

I have been looking around and it seems like many of the developers are producing these page builder plugins that let you build the pages on your Wordpress website much easier or that is what they say.

These are something I have not tried and want to know if these are good or if it is not something that I should use.

If anyone has some knowledge on these and if they may be good or bad to use I would much appreciate some help before I decide to try them.

I saw some from Themify and from Elegant Themes which I think was called Divi.

Marcos

Yes , Its good and also very easy to make templates over there . If you know what you are doing it will save lots of time and effort you are putting in making a theme customized.

You can customize a different template for each & every page you want.

Visual Composer , Thrive Editor I have used and they save a lot of my time and efforts.
I know how to do many things in wordpress but I have never used these types of plugins before. I would say I am still a novice wordpress user. Would these be hard to learn for someone who is not an expert in wordpress?

I usually learn things more quickly but this is something I know nothing of so I will be new to these things.

sam.hunt0710

I know how to do many things in wordpress but I have never used these types of plugins before. I would say I am still a novice wordpress user. Would these be hard to learn for someone who is not an expert in wordpress?

I usually learn things more quickly but this is something I know nothing of so I will be new to these things.

Not that hard , they have drag and drop features so you can easily create a Template for yourself .

Dean

The page builder plugins and themes can make things a lot easier once you know how to use them so building and editing the pages on your site be a lot easier.

You do have to keep one thing in mind though. Most if not all of the plugins and themes that use page builders will either not work properly if you ever stop using or delete the plugin or the theme because they are usually build using some type of shortcodes to build the pages.

Once the plugin or theme is no longer active on your site then your pages become basically broken. This has been one of the things that many people find out later on when they get red of a plugin for whatever reason or switch or want to switch page builder themes to a different theme.

I am not saying that you should not use them but just to make sure that you know what you are getting into because if you build a lot of pages with these and then later that plugin or theme is not going to be used then you might have to rebuild a lot of pages.

Kania

I saw one of these called the Beaver Builder and it has good reviews. It has a free and paid version also. You can see if this is one you will like.

Marcos

Not that hard , they have drag and drop features so you can easily create a Template for yourself .
That is great. Thank you. I just have no experience so I was not sure how hard they are to figure out.

I saw one of these called the Beaver Builder and it has good reviews. It has a free and paid version also. You can see if this is one you will like.
Thank you. I will check on this one also. This name sounds like I may have heard of it somewhere.

Marcos

The page builder plugins and themes can make things a lot easier once you know how to use them so building and editing the pages on your site be a lot easier.

You do have to keep one thing in mind though. Most if not all of the plugins and themes that use page builders will either not work properly if you ever stop using or delete the plugin or the theme because they are usually build using some type of shortcodes to build the pages.

Once the plugin or theme is no longer active on your site then your pages become basically broken. This has been one of the things that many people find out later on when they get red of a plugin for whatever reason or switch or want to switch page builder themes to a different theme.

I am not saying that you should not use them but just to make sure that you know what you are getting into because if you build a lot of pages with these and then later that plugin or theme is not going to be used then you might have to rebuild a lot of pages.
I most of the time will build my website and then stay with the same theme and plugins so this should be ok. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Dean

I most of the time will build my website and then stay with the same theme and plugins so this should be ok. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
You are welcome Marcos. I just wanted you to be aware of it so you knew what to expect going in.

Kania

I was looking at these a little while ago since I saw you talking about them. The 2 that I see most people recommend are Page Builder by SiteOrigin and Visual Composer. I may be wanting to try one of these myself since I wanted to redesign my blog.

Marcos

I was looking at these a little while ago since I saw you talking about them. The 2 that I see most people recommend are Page Builder by SiteOrigin and Visual Composer. I may be wanting to try one of these myself since I wanted to redesign my blog.
I saw much information on those 2 plugins also. I think I will be trying one of those if I choose to use this type of plugin.

Kania

I saw much information on those 2 plugins also. I think I will be trying one of those if I choose to use this type of plugin.
When you try them can you tell me which one you use and if it is good please? I may try one myself.

Marcos

When you try them can you tell me which one you use and if it is good please? I may try one myself.
Sure I will share my information with you and maybe we can learn some things together on this type of page builders.

Kania

Sure I will share my information with you and maybe we can learn some things together on this type of page builders.
That will be nice. I would just like to find a way to build a nice looking blog easier that the regular way. I think these page builder plugins can help to do that.

Marcos

That will be nice. I would just like to find a way to build a nice looking blog easier that the regular way. I think these page builder plugins can help to do that.
I would like to find that also but we should not get our hopes up because some things that are supposed to make things easy do not always do that. I think we may get lucky with these because there are many good reviews.

Kania

I would like to find that also but we should not get our hopes up because some things that are supposed to make things easy do not always do that. I think we may get lucky with these because there are many good reviews.
Yes the reviews that I read about were good ones too. We will see. :D

Kania

I might try to test one out this weekend. If I do then I will share my results and discoveries with you here.
Thank you mate. :D

I am thinking of trying the site origin page builder soon because I was reading about it and saw some sample web pages and it looked real nice.