Are pop-ups a good idea on a marketing blog?

Maria Marketing

I have seen marketing blogs with and without pop-ups on them and I was wondering which way would be the best. Are pop-ups a good idea to use on a marketing blog or should they not be used?

Dean

I've seen these on many marketing blogs myself and I think that there are more that have them then there are that don't have them. Something like this is probably going to just be a preference thing so you'll have to decide.

Personally I would say that if you do then don't go crazy with them and annoy people with them. You don't want to drive people away from your blog.

ulterios

I think that most people are going to understand that a marketing blog is going to be doing some marketing so having a pop-up shouldn't be a problem unless you over do it. Maybe have just one and not have it popping up all the time when a visitor is looking around your blog.

John11

If the popups appear at the bottom right corner of the website then they do not block the users from reading the post and the audience is not annoyed by it but it is advisable to not add too many popups in a website because the users do not use the websites with too many advertisements. Too many ads and popups only increase the bounce rate of the website.

Dean

If the popups appear at the bottom right corner of the website then they do not block the users from reading the post and the audience is not annoyed by it but it is advisable to not add too many popups in a website because the users do not use the websites with too many advertisements. Too many ads and popups only increase the bounce rate of the website.
You're right about that one John. I think as long as the pop-ups are out of the way and the readers can read the posts without being blocked by the pop-ups then most people will be ok with them. As long as you don't put too many pop-ups you'llbe ok. Too many will make people leave your site.

Catherine1

I keep seeing pop-ups on just about every website that I go to that has anything to do with marketing. I guess that many people are getting some kind of results from using pop-ups.

KeralMTG

I think that if you are going to have maybe one popup then that will be ok as long as it is not an annoying one. I would just not have too many of them because it can make people not want to stay on your site.

JennyJ

Most people don't like pop-ups but I think that on a "Marketing" blog people wouldn't have any problem with them as long as there not abused or overdone. It's a marketing blog after all. :p

Traveler

A lot of the marketing blogs that I have seen have them and some are the type that cover the whole page. The large ones are really annoying but I think if you use a small one then I think people will accept it because it's a marketing blog after all.

Kania

Even though I do not usually like pop ups on website I do think that it will be ok if you only have maybe 1. If you have too many it can be annoying and make people leave.

Dean

Even though I do not usually like pop ups on website I do think that it will be ok if you only have maybe 1. If you have too many it can be annoying and make people leave.
I've basically come to accept that there will most likely be at least on on any blog I visit but it's when they start having so many that it is annoying that I usually just try to find or read what I am looking for somewhere else.

Storm

Pop-ups are a form of marketing so if you have a marketing blog then I think that people will understand or even expect that you will have at least one pop-up on your blog.

I would not get too carried away and not put a lot of them but one or two in the right spots shouldn't be a problem for most people I think.

If it was not a marketing blog then I think more people might not understand it but since it is a marketing blog I think people won't really mind.

Moky

Yes, just not so aggresive with force users to download something...Then google will disable you

Marcos

Not many people will like popups but I think if it is a marketing blog then they should expect to at least see 1 and should not have a problem with that.

Most of the blogs that I visit have popups if only for their newsletter or subscription.

david smith

When a visitor is on the website and is engaged reading the content on the web page if there comes popup that is annoying, disturbing and does not close easily then the reader may exit from the website. Now the same situation and this time the popup that comes is relevant, useful and adding value then the reader would spend more time on the site. Thus popups that are helpful and relevant to the website can be used.

Some time pop up is good but most of time visitors or readers get distracted or disturbed. As the pop up ads appear suddenly so it disturbed the concentration of the reader. So I will take it as a not so good idea.

CookieRunner

When it comes to a marketing blog and when we talk about pop-ups I think its definitely fine BUT, there's a but in here haha! Done overdo it, don't make it exaggerated like its just a website tons of pop-ups which by the way is annoying if its too much. Maybe just two will do or one of course...