Will likes get more followers on Twitter?

Ben

I have read some things that said that this is a good way to get people to follow you because they think that because you liked something of theirs it shows that you are interested in what they have to offer.

I haven't tried it personally but it might be worth trying out.

spectat0r

It could be a factor in some ways but if your goal is to get more followers on twitter. You may want to try a different approach for that.
I saw a bunch of youtube videos that might help you along the way.

Marcos

Same thing goes for me. I never really used the social media websites until last year really so a lot of things I just don't know about yet.
I am learning some things but it is a slow process because many things I don't know I have to look in google for information.

trebor2017

Yes, following other twitter user will probably increase your followers. Leaving comments and opinion will give you a higher chance to increase you followers. Be polite and show some interest to the tweets that caught your interest so that the user who post the tweet might look for you account and follow.

Catherine1

I have read some things that said that this is a good way to get people to follow you because they think that because you liked something of theirs it shows that you are interested in what they have to offer.

I haven't tried it personally but it might be worth trying out.
I read something about it too and that's why I asked. I was just thinking that I might have a bunch of likes on my account but not much to show for it.

Angelro

Hi! It is very possible to get followers if you like others' tweets. Do it if you want, because it is an easy strategy. Liking tweets is another way of building rapport with someone. If you are doing it for business marketing purposes, then nothing can stop you, but remember that it will not work every time because there are some people who do not care. Also, there are some who are very cautious with people they would possibly follow. They may look into your profile first and see if you are tweeting with common sense. I believe you are doing well with that based on your observation, so, whatever works for you.

Ben

I read something about it too and that's why I asked. I was just thinking that I might have a bunch of likes on my account but not much to show for it.
You can always try setting up a second Twitter account to try it out and see what happens. Then if it works do it on your main account.

Catherine1

Hi! It is very possible to get followers if you like others' tweets. Do it if you want, because it is an easy strategy. Liking tweets is another way of building rapport with someone. If you are doing it for business marketing purposes, then nothing can stop you, but remember that it will not work every time because there are some people who do not care. Also, there are some who are very cautious with people they would possibly follow. They may look into your profile first and see if you are tweeting with common sense. I believe you are doing well with that based on your observation, so, whatever works for you.
Do you think that it might cause problems with some cautious people? Maybe they might report me to Twitter?

You can always try setting up a second Twitter account to try it out and see what happens. Then if it works do it on your main account.
I didn't think about doing that. I guess that I can try it that way and see what happens.

Ben

I didn't think about doing that. I guess that I can try it that way and see what happens.
I know that Twitter lets people have multiple accounts so setting up a second one will give you a way to test some things without affecting your main account.

I think as long as you aren't spamming or otherwise violating their rules you will be fine and at least you will know if your liking for followers works or not.

Angelro

Do you think that it might cause problems with some cautious people? Maybe they might report me to Twitter?

They will not report you unless you did something bad to them. What I was saying is, those people may want to check you out first before following you. If they find your tweets interesting, then they may possibly follow you. It is like they are only being meticulous with their twitter follows and feed. So, I suggest that you think of ways to draw their attention, but remember to stay true to yourself. :)

Catherine1

I know that Twitter lets people have multiple accounts so setting up a second one will give you a way to test some things without affecting your main account.

I think as long as you aren't spamming or otherwise violating their rules you will be fine and at least you will know if your liking for followers works or not.
I always follow the rules on those websites because if I don't then with my luck I will get my account banned.
They will not report you unless you did something bad to them. What I was saying is, those people may want to check you out first before following you. If they find your tweets interesting, then they may possibly follow you. It is like they are only being meticulous with their twitter follows and feed. So, I suggest that you think of ways to draw their attention, but remember to stay true to yourself. :)
That's good advice, I like how you put that. I see so many people that are not true to themselves and that just be who they think people want them to be and are not truly being who they are.

Ben

I always follow the rules on those websites because if I don't then with my luck I will get my account banned.
That's always a good practice. I do that myself because I have the worst luck of anyone I know and if I did something wrong either knowingly or not I would get caught and my account banned or deleted.

Catherine1

That's always a good practice. I do that myself because I have the worst luck of anyone I know and if I did something wrong either knowingly or not I would get caught and my account banned or deleted.
I have that luck follow me everywhere. LOL

I created a second account to try this out to see if it gets results or not. My fingers are crossed because I need to get more followers somehow.

mariaaajessica

That is quite a question for me. Well, maybe your tweets or contents are just really interesting that is why you are gaining more followers. It will not be questionable for me if your tweets have many retweets, that is maybe the time that you really gain more followers because a lot of people are retweeting your tweets. It always comes to the interest and intentions of the people who follows you.

Yes, because almost all people appreciate all the things that you will do to them. Personally when someone follows me I will follow back them because that is just showing your gratitude to other people. Also it is an act of doing good to people because you acknowledged them.

Ben

I have that luck follow me everywhere. LOL

I created a second account to try this out to see if it gets results or not. My fingers are crossed because I need to get more followers somehow.
I just created a second account to try different things out and I will try this method out also. Then if everything works out I will use what works on my main account.

Heatman

I think so yes, more likes would definitely stand a chance to get you more followers on Twitter. The likes would introduce your presence to other people on the social media platform and if they check you out and get interested, they might follow you.

Catherine1

Yes, because almost all people appreciate all the things that you will do to them. Personally when someone follows me I will follow back them because that is just showing your gratitude to other people. Also it is an act of doing good to people because you acknowledged them.
I setup a second account and I am going to start trying this method out and seeing if it helps. If it does good enough I will do it on my main account.

I think so yes, more likes would definitely stand a chance to get you more followers on Twitter. The likes would introduce your presence to other people on the social media platform and if they check you out and get interested, they might follow you.
You don't think they might be thinking I am just doing it to get something in return?

Milana

It will most likely get you some more followers for your account but I think you need to be careful because if you do a mass like campaign in the same day you may get a temporary or permanent ban from Twitter.

I know someone who this happened to so be careful.

Catherine1

It will most likely get you some more followers for your account but I think you need to be careful because if you do a mass like campaign in the same day you may get a temporary or permanent ban from Twitter.

I know someone who this happened to so be careful.
I was only going to do maybe 5-10 likes per day. Is that too much you think?