Will likes get more followers on Twitter?

Catherine1

I have seen that I am starting to get more and more people liking my Tweets on Twitter and then following me as well. This makes me wonder if I should like the Tweets of other for the purpose of getting more followers.

Anyone think this will get more followers?

KeralMTG

I do not know for sure if liking tweets from other people will get you more followers but I think it will. They will probably notice that you liked their tweet and maybe follow you back. You can try it out a little and see if it works.

ulterios

Actually that's one way that some people get more followers. The only thing is that you want to make sure that you like the Tweets of people that you would want to follow you.

I don't know how well this practice will work to grow your followers but you can give it a shot and see how it works. You can also create another Twitter account just for this purpose and to see how it works.

Dean

Liking other peoples/businesses Tweets can get you more followers but you just have to be willing to accept the fact that if you like a Tweet of someone that you really don't want to follow you then you'll probable have to block/delete them later if the do follow you.

I would just like the Tweets of people and businesses that you would like to be followed by for this reason if you choose to try this out.

Maria Marketing

I think that liking the tweets of others will get you some more followers because many times when I have liked a tweet then that person has followed me not long after.

Traveler

Liking tweets by other people will probably get you some new followers but I don't know if it will get a lot of them or not. Try it for a little while and see if it does what you want or not.

Catherine1

Liking other peoples/businesses Tweets can get you more followers but you just have to be willing to accept the fact that if you like a Tweet of someone that you really don't want to follow you then you'll probable have to block/delete them later if the do follow you.

I would just like the Tweets of people and businesses that you would like to be followed by for this reason if you choose to try this out.
I was only going to do this for accounts that I was interested in because I thought that if I just liked the Tweets of some trash account then I would get more of those and not so many good accounts.

JennyJ

It would probably get more followers but I think that some will just not be of much value for your needs. If I was to do this I would like the Tweets of the people that I would want to follow me and not those I really don't want.

I just wouldn't get crazy and like everything you can. I see a lot of the junk accounts that do nothing but like thousands and thousands of Tweets and they do not have many followers.

Catherine1

It would probably get more followers but I think that some will just not be of much value for your needs. If I was to do this I would like the Tweets of the people that I would want to follow me and not those I really don't want.

I just wouldn't get crazy and like everything you can. I see a lot of the junk accounts that do nothing but like thousands and thousands of Tweets and they do not have many followers.
That's exactly what I would do. I don't want to attract followers that would be bad for my profile.

Storm

I have never tried this myself but I have noticed that the users that have a lot of likes usually have a lot of followers so it might be something that people are trying.

I'd say try it and see how it does for you.

Catherine1

Not every time, because every person who like my post don't always follow me.
I was just hoping to get some of them and didn't think I would get them all. I just need to get more followers and don't know what else to try.

Do you have any methods?

Catherine1

I have never tried this myself but I have noticed that the users that have a lot of likes usually have a lot of followers so it might be something that people are trying.

I'd say try it and see how it does for you.
I have seen that too sometimes. I have actually seen some account have 10's of thousands of likes. It seems a little spam like to me but I guess everyone doesn't see it that way.

Marcos

I started using Twitter not long ago and was trying this because I saw some blog posts about it and it did not seem to generate many new follower but it did generate some.

It might have been working better for me if my follower numbers were higher. I only have a couple of hundred of them now.

Catherine1

Something they will only like your tweet and not follow you and Something they will like and follow you.
Then I should not like the Tweets of other people because it won't work?

I started using Twitter not long ago and was trying this because I saw some blog posts about it and it did not seem to generate many new follower but it did generate some.

It might have been working better for me if my follower numbers were higher. I only have a couple of hundred of them now.
I read something about it also and that's why I asked here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Catherine1

I have seen many things that people have said will work but they are not doing to well for me but that might be because I am just not good at social media things.
Same thing goes for me. I never really used the social media websites until last year really so a lot of things I just don't know about yet.