Why am I getting so many Facebook likes?

Storm

I have a Facebook page that I have for my technology blog and it has gone for quite a long time with only 2-3 likes. Then about maybe 2 weeks ago it started getting a few likes every day and it's around 60 likes already.

I haven't done anything differently but all of a sudden I am getting likes on a daily basis but don't know why that would be since everything is the same as it always has been.

anyone have any ideas why this would happen just out of the blue?

JennyJ

You might have had someone wind up finding your Facebook page who had a lot of friends and then when that personal liked the page their friends saw what that person had liked then took a look and liked what they saw also.

Congrats!

Traveler

You must have posted something that someone else sent to their friends or it went viral some other way. Someone was telling me that if you can get someone with a lot of friends to like something on your facebook page then many times their friends will start to like the same thing. Maybe that is what happen.

John11

Commenting on the page of other users and liking the post of other Facebook pages also increase the visibility of your page to other users. Following are some of the ways that can be used to increase Facebook viewed:
  • Frequently update your Facebook page
  • Create high quality posts
  • Comment on the pages of other Facebook
  • Like the post and comments of other Facebook users
  • Find the exact time to share a post because you would not want to publish post when your targeted audience is sleeping Create a good profile with an eye catching profile photo

Marcos

Commenting on the page of other users and liking the post of other Facebook pages also increase the visibility of your page to other users. Following are some of the ways that can be used to increase Facebook viewed:
  • Frequently update your Facebook page
  • Create high quality posts
  • Comment on the pages of other Facebook
  • Like the post and comments of other Facebook users
  • Find the exact time to share a post because you would not want to publish post when your targeted audience is sleeping Create a good profile with an eye catching profile photo
How do we know when is the right time to share a post?

JennyJ

I was talking to a friend of mine about this and she said that the same thing happened to her Facebook page. What happened was that her blog and Facebook page that are in the jewelry niche had a post that was liked by one of the top jewelry designers then right after that she was getting a lot of likes.

So I guess if someone that has a lot of influence likes a page or post then many of their followers will take a look at what they liked and many times like that thing themselves.

Dean

This happens many times when someone of social influence likes something. many times their followers or friends will also take a look at and like what that person liked.

That's good news for you, congratulations and I hope that you will have many more likes coming your way. :D

Maria Marketing

Maybe someone who has a lot of social followers or friends told them about your Facebook page so they went and saw it and liked what they saw.

I know that they more likes you have then that is good for your Facebook page. I don't know how exactly that help you but everyone says it's good so it must be. :D

KeralMTG

Somebody probably liked something that you posted on your facebook page and then they shared it with their friends. This is good news mate. I am happy for you. :D

ulterios

I've had this happen to some of my Facebook pages every so often and without any good reason or understanding.

I have never really looked deeply into the possible cause but more than likely it was a chain reaction that started when one person liked a page and then their followers saw that, found out and did the same or someone told someone about something.

It doesn't really matter why in my opinion but it's nice to have it happen. ;)

Kania

That is good mate. :D I think that maybe someone told their friends or maybe shared something from your facebook page and everyone liked it.

My facebook page for my blog only has 2 or 3 likes so far but I do not use it that much.