Which is better for affiliates Ebay or Amazon?

Maria Marketing

I have been thinking about trying to place affiliate advertisements on my blog for physical goods and have been trying to decide if I should use Ebay or Amazon for this purpose.

Which would you use if it was you?

Dean

I think that which is better might be hard to know without trying each one yourself. I have heard Ebay is better and I have heard that Amazon is better.

I think that maybe you should try one out and then the other and go from there. What is best for one person might not be the best for another person.

ulterios

Although I haven't used them much, I have hear that Amazon converts better. It would also depend on what you are doing exactly to market them and what the content of your blog is.

Maria Marketing

I am getting a lot of blog traffic from the USA and I read yesterday that Amazon affiliates do some real nice sales on their blogs if they have USA traffic. That is one reason why I wanted to try them. I just wasn't sure if Ebay was better or not.

Dean

I am getting a lot of blog traffic from the USA and I read yesterday that Amazon affiliates do some real nice sales on their blogs if they have USA traffic. That is one reason why I wanted to try them. I just wasn't sure if Ebay was better or not.
Since you say that you are getting lots of traffic from the US that makes me think that both could be good options since US traffic usually converts well and both Ebay and amazon do well in the US.

Why not try out both on your site and see which one works out better? Then after you learn which is doing better for you then just go with one only.

I will say that lately I have seen a lot more Amazon affiliate advertisements than Ebay. I don't know if that means that Amazon is doing better for affiliates or not but that's what I have seen lately.

Storm

One thing to consider if you are promoting physical goods is to find out if ebay or amazon ship to where your traffic is coming from. I don't know where they both have shipping options for but that might be something to look at.

Catherine1

I think which is better will depend on where the people that visit your website are from and what is popular in their country.

Maria Marketing

Why not try out both on your site and see which one works out better? Then after you learn which is doing better for you then just go with one only.
I didn't know if that was a good idea or not which is why I was wanting to know if one is better than the other.

Maria Marketing

One thing to consider if you are promoting physical goods is to find out if ebay or amazon ship to where your traffic is coming from. I don't know where they both have shipping options for but that might be something to look at.
I didn't think about that. Thank you

JennyJ

I don't think that I have seen very many ebay affiliate advertisements so I am thinking that may be a sign that it's affiliate program is not one of the best ones.

I was also reading some posts about using the Amazon program and it seems to be a popular choice so that makes me think that it it a good option.

KeralMTG

I think that ebay will be better for most of the people because ebay sells in more countries than amazon does.