What do I build my blog with?

IdealMike

Hi dude to be short and sweet I'd say don't go with Joomla, it's okay but you have to add a lot of nuts and bolts on to it than you do with WordPress to get the best functionality and use from it. Both have their pros and cons but WP comes up trumps for ease of use and compatibility etc. However.. it all totally depends on what you want to achieve you know!? While WP can be used for a lot of things that make use of a database like a shop, forum or blog etc. You can do a lot more with it like all of the above and run a community on it. But you might be better off looking at other platforms or even making your own depending on what it is you need. If it's just for a blog, but you're confident it will be a project you wont abandon later on if you grow bored of it whatever then go with WP as you can't go wrong! Besides, what's the worst that could happen? That's what backups are for! :D

JohnQ

I looked at drupal a little myself but I think it might be better to just stick with one I know something of.
That always makes things easier than trying something that you don't know anything about. I just like to experiment with new things once in a while.

Nomnom

I tried Joomla. I didn't like it.

I tried Drupal. Same. I didn't like it. The website I built with this looked like monkey dung.

I tried Concrete5. I somewhat liked it. It was easier than both Joomla and Drupal.

Then I tried WordPress. It was love at first sight. It's so simple to design a website using WordPress yet it's also so deep at the same time that it gives you the freedom to edit and develop your site the way you want it. I have used WordPress ever since and I highly recommend that you stick with it in the long run too.

PedroP

I tried Drupal. Same. I didn't like it. The website I built with this looked like monkey dung.

I tried Concrete5. I somewhat liked it. It was easier than both Joomla and Drupal.

Then I tried WordPress. It was love at first sight. It's so simple to design a website using WordPress yet it's also so deep at the same time that it gives you the freedom to edit and develop your site the way you want it. I have used WordPress ever since and I highly recommend that you stick with it in the long run too.

Yeah even for beginners right? When I started I was green too. I had no Idea what building a website was all about or what SEO even meant. Wordpress makes it as easy as copy and paste. I abandoned the notion that anything web related is hard ;)

goldlady

I know people might think that blogger is not that professional, but the truth is that it can be as professional as you want it to be. I have been using blogger for over eight years now, and I could not be happier with my blog. I designed it myself and I am not an expert. I used Wordpress for a couple months and I didn't like it that much.

JohnQ

Monkey dung huh? That's good one, i like it! There seem to be a lot of people that are not real happy with Drupal sites and how they look.

I was looking at Concrete5 myself not long ago but got side tracked and never gave it a shot. What was it you liked about C5, the looks of how the site turned out?

I might give it a go just to see for myself.

Nomnom

I was looking at Concrete5 myself not long ago but got side tracked and never gave it a shot. What was it you liked about C5, the looks of how the site turned out?

I might give it a go just to see for myself.

I liked Concrete5 because it was user friendly. I was very impressed with it at the time since I hadn't tried out WordPress yet. To be honest, the site that I created using Concrete5 looked crappy too. Haha. That's why when I discovered WordPress, I ditched Concrete5 entirely and never looked back.

Do I recommend that you check it? No, I think it's not worth your time. I can't think of any reason why you should use it instead of WordPress. I did read somewhere that it's better used for larger organizations... If you have a large company, then you may want to use this CMS.

JohnQ

I liked Concrete5 because it was user friendly. I was very impressed with it at the time since I hadn't tried out WordPress yet. To be honest, the site that I created using Concrete5 looked crappy too. Haha. That's why when I discovered WordPress, I ditched Concrete5 entirely and never looked back.

Do I recommend that you check it? No, I think it's not worth your time. I can't think of any reason why you should use it instead of WordPress. I did read somewhere that it's better used for larger organizations... If you have a large company, then you may want to use this CMS.
Awesome info and much appreciated. I had just seen it around a few places and read some things on it but there were no comparisons that I read so nothing to judge it against from the writers of the articles. I had thought about giving it a test because I like to learn at least a little about a lot of things but if i would never really need that info then it would just be wasted time.

I would never have any kind of large business or organizations site so then that wouldn't do me any good so I will just forget about it until something comes up that I might need it for. I doubt it though.

Thanks again, this will save me some time.

augusta

As a blogger,I find using blogger platform quite easy and simple.

With this platform you just need a little tutorial which you can find online and you're good to go.

well,this is for those that needs a free platform like me

Melker

Hi dude to be short and sweet I'd say don't go with Joomla, it's okay but you have to add a lot of nuts and bolts on to it than you do with WordPress to get the best functionality and use from it. Both have their pros and cons but WP comes up trumps for ease of use and compatibility etc. However.. it all totally depends on what you want to achieve you know!? While WP can be used for a lot of things that make use of a database like a shop, forum or blog etc. You can do a lot more with it like all of the above and run a community on it. But you might be better off looking at other platforms or even making your own depending on what it is you need. If it's just for a blog, but you're confident it will be a project you wont abandon later on if you grow bored of it whatever then go with WP as you can't go wrong! Besides, what's the worst that could happen? That's what backups are for! :D
Joomla has a lot more setting up and things needed to get the blog fully operational?

I would prefer something that is easy to setup and not real hard to maintain because I want to dedicate my time to my internet marketing.

Ellen F

My vote goes towards wordpress. I had questions about this when I first built my first blog last year and was concerned at how hard it was going to be for a beginner blog builder. After trying out wordpress I found that I was easily able to do many things that I didn't have any knowledge of before starting to build it.

Wordpress is just so easy to work with and there is quite a lot of information you can find if you run into a problem or question.

Ben

Unless you know how to build a website from scratch by coding it yourself then I would just use Wordpress since you have experience with it.

It's going to be the most versatile of the 2 you mentioned in terms of ease of use, availability of extras and also for information.

It's the best choice between the 2 IMHO.

If you have ever wondered how to start a blog, you are in luck because that is exactly what I am going to show you today.

20 minutes is all you need to start a blog, and you DON’T need any information of HTML, coding, or graphics design. When you make a decision to start a blog, and begin to look into everything mixed up, you may become frustrated or overwhelmed. The best thing to do is start fresh and break up the steps into a more manageable process.

I would recommend Wordpress. Because Wordpress is the best and easiest method for build your blog.