Should I write all my own blog posts?

anton

I think you should, but its not bad if you ask for advice from any of your friends or anyone that you think can help you improve pr check your work.

Kayel

I find several clients looking for ghost writers for their blog and I think it doesn't matter if you hire someone to write a content for you as long as they follow your style (for consistency). Usually, the client (it is you in your case) for the writer's sample work. They might be listed as different author because they are "ghost writers", but then you can still ask them to write a new one for you, or if that writer has their own blog they can give you it's link so you can check their writing style.

EasyDeasy

I have already asked one writer about this and they referred me to a blog that they said had their writing for it's posts.

The only thing is that there is no way to know if they are really their posts because it has someone else listed as the author.

I guess the best way is for you to give them trial assignments. Make them write in a way you would specifically want them to. That would make clear who among your pool of candidates can deliver.

The challenge, however, is in finding people willing to do trials. Maybe you can do paid ones?

Catherine1

That's good Idea, hire some guest writer or blogger. I saw a lot of blogger sites hiring a guest writer to write some content. Aside from getting some help, you will now have time to promote your site, you can focus on that, and having a guest blogger will give you additional information and style of writing. Guest blogger will help a lot.
I am thinking about doing that but how do I find good ones though?
I think you should, but its not bad if you ask for advice from any of your friends or anyone that you think can help you improve pr check your work.
I have asked a couple but they haven't really been much help.
I find several clients looking for ghost writers for their blog and I think it doesn't matter if you hire someone to write a content for you as long as they follow your style (for consistency). Usually, the client (it is you in your case) for the writer's sample work. They might be listed as different author because they are "ghost writers", but then you can still ask them to write a new one for you, or if that writer has their own blog they can give you it's link so you can check their writing style.
Where do you find the writers for your clients?
I guess the best way is for you to give them trial assignments. Make them write in a way you would specifically want them to. That would make clear who among your pool of candidates can deliver.

The challenge, however, is in finding people willing to do trials. Maybe you can do paid ones?
I was thinking about doing something like that but I really don't even know where to start looking for writers. Do you have any suggestions?

Kania

I see. It still seems like you might get some people that want the free ones and that's it but I guess it might be worth it for the writers even if they lose a few.
Many of the writers are from countries that a little money can go a long ways so they can do writing cheap with the hope to get more business. Some do not mind if they lose a few customers who only want the free ones because they are happy just to get some of the customers that stay with them.

Maria Marketing

I have already asked one writer about this and they referred me to a blog that they said had their writing for it's posts.

The only thing is that there is no way to know if they are really their posts because it has someone else listed as the author.
That is something that I thought about as well. Maybe you can contact the blog owner and ask about the writer.

That's good Idea, hire some guest writer or blogger. I saw a lot of blogger sites hiring a guest writer to write some content. Aside from getting some help, you will now have time to promote your site, you can focus on that, and having a guest blogger will give you additional information and style of writing. Guest blogger will help a lot.
I was thinking that it would help me with my site as well so I can have more time to promote my site so that can help.

Do you remember the sites that hired writers? I was wondering if the writing was good so I might ask about the writer.

Catherine1

Many of the writers are from countries that a little money can go a long ways so they can do writing cheap with the hope to get more business. Some do not mind if they lose a few customers who only want the free ones because they are happy just to get some of the customers that stay with them.
I was not really looking at it like that but that is a good point. :)

JennyJ

I like to write all my own blog posts but that is mostly because I want to make sure the quality of the posts is good.

If you can find a writer or service that offers quality posts then I don't think it would really matter who writes the posts.

Catherine1

I like to write all my own blog posts but that is mostly because I want to make sure the quality of the posts is good.

If you can find a writer or service that offers quality posts then I don't think it would really matter who writes the posts.
The quality is one of the concerns that I have though about many times. I am afraid that if someone writes low quality posts then that can hurt my blog or I would have to edit them myself and that would defeat the purpose of saving time by hiring someone.

Kania

I was not really looking at it like that but that is a good point. :)
You can find some cheap writers but just remember that English might not be their first language so there might have to check the posts for errors before you post it.

Catherine1

You can find some cheap writers but just remember that English might not be their first language so there might have to check the posts for errors before you post it.
I have thought of that which is something that concerns me because if I have to do editing myself then it will not save me as much time as I would hope for.

Kania

I have thought of that which is something that concerns me because if I have to do editing myself then it will not save me as much time as I would hope for.
I was thinking that if you find one and it only has a few mistakes to correct and it was cheap then it would be worth it because it will only take a few minutes.

JennyJ

The quality is one of the concerns that I have though about many times. I am afraid that if someone writes low quality posts then that can hurt my blog or I would have to edit them myself and that would defeat the purpose of saving time by hiring someone.
I am sure that it could harm your blog or maybe even lose you some readers so I would just try to find a writer that allows you to have them make you revisions if they are not the quality you expect.

Maybe state what exactly you are expecting before you pay for any services.

Catherine1

I was thinking that if you find one and it only has a few mistakes to correct and it was cheap then it would be worth it because it will only take a few minutes.
I guess that would be fine but I am worried that there might be a lot of mistakes that I would have to correct. If it took too long to fix then I might as well write my own.

I am sure that it could harm your blog or maybe even lose you some readers so I would just try to find a writer that allows you to have them make you revisions if they are not the quality you expect.

Maybe state what exactly you are expecting before you pay for any services.
I would be doing that for sure. I was also worried about losing some of my readers if the quality was not good.

JennyJ

I would be doing that for sure. I was also worried about losing some of my readers if the quality was not good.
That is one reason why I have not had anyone else write my posts. I am afraid that people might see something that is poor quality and leave and not come back again. I know that I have left blogs that had poor writing and never went back myself so I think many others would probably do the same thing.

Catherine1

That is one reason why I have not had anyone else write my posts. I am afraid that people might see something that is poor quality and leave and not come back again. I know that I have left blogs that had poor writing and never went back myself so I think many others would probably do the same thing.
I have left some for the same reason which is why I have my concerns about using outside sources for my blog posts. I have seen a lot of poor quality articles that you have to try to figure out what they are meaning and sometimes you are still not sure.

I don't want people to come to my blog and see something that is poorly written and judge my whole blog based on one blog post.