Separate hosting for each blog

Catherine1

I have a question that I need some good information on. Is it better for any reason to have separate web hosting for each blog that you have?

I saw somewhere a while back but can't find now where it said it is better to have separate hosting for each blog you have. does this sound right?

I am asking because I am going to have two different blogs that are covering different topics and don't know if I can put them on the same hosting or if I need new hosting for the second blog.

All help will be appreciated since I really can not find a straight answer for this. :)

Dean

You don't need to have separate hosting for each blog unless you need to for a number of possible reasons.

Some might be because you need more server/hosting resources than the hosting you have has and having more than one is affecting the performance of your blogs, you are wanting them to appear as being separately owned/operated (many reasons why), SEO reasons (some white hat, some black hat) as well as a number of other reasons.

As long as you don't really care and your hosting can handle the extra blog/s then you really don't need separate hosting for other blogs unless you want them separate for any reason. That's up to you.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Dean.

Maria Marketing

I think that you should not need a separate hosting plan for each of your blogs unless maybe you want to keep things organized individually for some reason.

Catherine1

As long as you don't really care and your hosting can handle the extra blog/s then you really don't need separate hosting for other blogs unless you want them separate for any reason. That's up to you.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Dean.
I really don't care if they are separate personally. I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't better for any good reasons.

Will more blogs slow down your blogs that are hosted on your service?

Dean

I really don't care if they are separate personally. I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't better for any good reasons.
If you aren't planning on doing much between them then it really won't matter, especially if you are not linking a bunch of your own sites together for link building purposes.

Will more blogs slow down your blogs that are hosted on your service?
More blogs can slow them down if the resources are on the low side or have poor hosting. It can also depend alot on what exactly the blogs are built with. If you are using Wordpress then you need to make sure that your hosting resources, especially the RAM, are adequate for the number of blogs, the amount of their traffic and how big they are.

If you have enough resources then you might be ok, depending on some other factors.

If you have any other questions just ask and I will try to help as much as I can.

Cheers, Dean.

Traveler

as long as your hosting plan will let you host more then you can do it all on one. sometimes the hosting plans will only allow one website on some plans.

Catherine1

If you aren't planning on doing much between them then it really won't matter, especially if you are not linking a bunch of your own sites together for link building purposes.

More blogs can slow them down if the resources are on the low side or have poor hosting. It can also depend alot on what exactly the blogs are built with. If you are using Wordpress then you need to make sure that your hosting resources, especially the RAM, are adequate for the number of blogs, the amount of their traffic and how big they are.

If you have enough resources then you might be ok, depending on some other factors.

If you have any other questions just ask and I will try to help as much as I can.

Cheers, Dean.
I was actually wanting to keep them separate and not do anything between them. The niches are different so having them doing things between each other really wouldn't be happening.

I will have to check to see what the resources are for my hosting and then maybe get some advice on if they are enough for more than one blog. Thanks

Waqass

You can add any number of blogs and domains as long as your hosting plan allows. Just be sure which plan you have as some hosts allow only one domain per plan on their starter package. So you may install any number of blogs but may be restricted in terms of addon domains.

Catherine1

You can add any number of blogs and domains as long as your hosting plan allows. Just be sure which plan you have as some hosts allow only one domain per plan on their starter package. So you may install any number of blogs but may be restricted in terms of addon domains.
Thank you. :)

I have been busy lately and haven't had a chance to check and see what the hosts allow. I was thinking that because hosting is so cheap I might just get another web host anyway. That way I can just have each one separate and also I can test to see if one is better or faster.

vishwa

The money you invested in different host to host your different blogs. You can buy a VPS hosting for that price and host all of your blogs there. VPS hosting provides you optimum server allocation and good amount of CPU resources. For best VPS hosting you can go with Host1plus, photon vps, Liquidweb etc.

ulterios

Unless you are trying to influence SEO or something else I don't think that you would really need to have separate hosting for each blog unless your hosting resources are a factor.

DTS-NET

I have a question that I need some good information on. Is it better for any reason to have separate web hosting for each blog that you have?

I saw somewhere a while back but can't find now where it said it is better to have separate hosting for each blog you have. does this sound right?

I am asking because I am going to have two different blogs that are covering different topics and don't know if I can put them on the same hosting or if I need new hosting for the second blog.

All help will be appreciated since I really can not find a straight answer for this. :)

do you run SSL for each separate blog
if not would move the to one account

JennyJ

I was thinking about doing this myself for 2 or 3 different blogs that will cover different material. As cheap as web hosting can be found I think I might try it just to keep things separate.

Catherine1

As cheap as web hosting can be found I think I might try it just to keep things separate.
I haven't gotten another hosting plan yet but I might soon. I have just been busy with my family but intend to try some things out when time permits.