Separate Facebook accounts for business and personal

Goshen26

I'm still learning about a lot of things and was wondering if it is better to have one Facebook account for your personal stuff like for family and friends and have another separate account for business and internet marketing.

What's the best way to go for this?
I am also thinking likewise too. it has been confirmed that some Employers usually visit the social media wall of their employees, to see the person's personality, especially job seeker that they are about to employ. Most most of that post little adult contents on our youtube can lose such opportunity, if the accounts are not separated.

ulterios

The best and safest way to go is to create a personal Facebook account and then just create Facebook pages for your business and other needs.

If you create more than 1 account then you are risking them because that is against Facebook's terms. You might get away with it but if they find out you might lose them both and also lose all the friends, connections and much more.

Is it worth it to possibly lose something that you work hard to build up? ;)

Michael

@TheArticulate , I didn't know they gave priorities like that. That's good to know. Thanks

@vinaya , That sounds like a good way to do it. Can you have more than 1 business Facebook page? I am thinking in the future that I might get involved in something else also.

Kania

I use just 1 account for everything because it is easier for me to take care of things that way. I have the account I use for my personal things and a Facebook page for my blog. It's easier then having to log into multiple accounts this way which is why I did it like this.

KeralMTG

I just have one account that I use for all of my needs for facebook. I was going to do 2 of them when I first started but I read that you can only have 1 or they can ban your accounts. I think 1 is easier anyway to manage it.

Michael

@Kania , Originally I was thinking only about looking more professional and having a separate account from my personal but I found out about Facebook pages and how people won't know who owns it and that was something I wanted. Not to hide anything but just for privacy.

@KeralMTG , I found that out myself. Even though many people do it and don't get caught I still am afraid if I did 2 I would get caught with the way my luck is.

KeralMTG

@Kania , Originally I was thinking only about looking more professional and having a separate account from my personal but I found out about Facebook pages and how people won't know who owns it and that was something I wanted. Not to hide anything but just for privacy.

@KeralMTG , I found that out myself. Even though many people do it and don't get caught I still am afraid if I did 2 I would get caught with the way my luck is.
We must have similar luck mate. That will probably happen to me too if I did that. Just having 1 is better until you have some kind of limiting by Facebook or something.

Kania

Facebook pages are a good way to go. That is what I also do myself now.

Maria Marketing

I would just do 1 account and then make as many Facebook pages as you need for your business. That is what I have done and it makes it easier to keep track of everything that way. This way you only have to log into 1 of them and handle everything that you need to do for them.

Michael

I would just do 1 account and then make as many Facebook pages as you need for your business. That is what I have done and it makes it easier to keep track of everything that way. This way you only have to log into 1 of them and handle everything that you need to do for them.
after getting some input and reading more on it that seem to be the recommended way to go. Thank you

Onanadipo

This is a good idea. I used to have a teacher that has one account he keeps posting his selfie and cosplay experience and most of his students are getting irritated by his posts because it is too much. He post about 15x a week.

Trent652x

I highly recommend to have a personal and a business account. The main reason I have separate accounts is because some people will try to negatively affect your business solely because they know who you are. Also some of my personal views aren't the best for my business to continue to thrive.

Michael

This is a good idea. I used to have a teacher that has one account he keeps posting his selfie and cosplay experience and most of his students are getting irritated by his posts because it is too much. He post about 15x a week.
You had a teacher that posted cosplay things?
I highly recommend to have a personal and a business account. The main reason I have separate accounts is because some people will try to negatively affect your business solely because they know who you are. Also some of my personal views aren't the best for my business to continue to thrive.
I was thinking about that too. Do you think that people would be that low as to make attempts to hurt your business account though just because they know you?