Separate Facebook accounts for business and personal

Michael

I'm still learning about a lot of things and was wondering if it is better to have one Facebook account for your personal stuff like for family and friends and have another separate account for business and internet marketing.

What's the best way to go for this?

Dean

Well going by Facebook rules and TOS you are only allowed to have one Facebook account. Many people create others but if you do then you are taking a chance of losing 1 or all of your Facebook accounts.

It would be better IMO to just have one Facebook account and create Facebook pages for other needs such as your marketing efforts.

I have known many people that have lost accounts that were built up with lots of friends, likes, etc. because they had more than one Facebook account.

You can do it but just make sure that you understand that you are risking your accounts if you do that.

Michael

Well going by Facebook rules and TOS you are only allowed to have one Facebook account. Many people create others but if you do then you are taking a chance of losing 1 or all of your Facebook accounts.

It would be better IMO to just have one Facebook account and create Facebook pages for other needs such as your marketing efforts.

I have known many people that have lost accounts that were built up with lots of friends, likes, etc. because they had more than one Facebook account.

You can do it but just make sure that you understand that you are risking your accounts if you do that.
I didn't know it was against their rules. I thought as long as the email address is different then you can create more than one.

I wasn't going to abuse it but just maybe have 2. One for personal and one for business.

Thanks for letting me know. I am glad I asked.

Pointbreak

I am just creating one account for my profile and add my business as a Facebook pages to it. It helps me to manage everything under one roof. Creating multiple accounts is take a lot of time.

I would have to give a thumbs up on this one. I started on the wrong foot on this platform and created multiple accounts when I started a business. Now I am down to one and I know I made the right choice. There is a tone of features available that will definitely help you manage things on Facebook.

I would say, stick to one. ;)

joegirl

At first, I did have one Facebook account and I tried to use for both personal and business. This didn't work. I had to open another Facebook account strictly for business. My personal account activity was affected when I tried to merge the two.

JoeMilford

Like joegirl, I once only had one fb account which I tried to use for everything. I ended up creating a facebook page for one of my blogs, and I started generating traffic there and getting "likes" on an almost daily basis. Also, I have maxed out my fb friends at five thousand, so I've been told it would be a good idea for me to open up a fanpage for my writing presence online, and so I am looking into that,

augusta

I have a Facebook account,then create a fan page for my blog.that way I don't go against Facebook rule of having two ACCTS.

so I will say create an acct for yourself and a kind of fanpage for your business.

Domingotarlejr

For me its better if you will have separate accounts for your business and for your personal stuff... so you whould easily know whether the person you talking in that account is having a concern in your business and not to your personal life... it will also help you not to rumble things... so you can post your personal status whenever you want and not affecting your business.. just look at this.. imagine posting some dramatic event in your life and having business matter in one account, I dont think its a good idea..

goldlady

I think that separate facabook business account from personal account is the best thing to do. Some business require very professional content on social media... and if you also like to share stuff about your personal life, it is better for you to have a personal account.

Pointbreak

Like joegirl, I once only had one fb account which I tried to use for everything. I ended up creating a facebook page for one of my blogs, and I started generating traffic there and getting "likes" on an almost daily basis. Also, I have maxed out my fb friends at five thousand, so I've been told it would be a good idea for me to open up a fanpage for my writing presence online, and so I am looking into that,

That's the same thing I had to learn through reading. There is a better way to manage your Facebook account. Big thanks to the feedback I got from people, Google and YouTube, I was able to somehow understand the ropes in using the platform.

Way to go JoeMilford. More power to you! :Clap 1:

happybear

For me, personal and business issues should be in separate entity. Personally, I created facebook page where I promote and showcase my products. I know that using your personal facebook account in business engagement has an advantage because in it, you got already your prospect customers which are your friends. But you need to consider the long run process. Facebook page is better than your personal account in terms of limitations and exposures.

TheArticulate

I would set up separate pages for yourself and your business if I were you. Facebook makes it really easy to create a business page as an extension of your personal page, so you can run it as an administrator. I think that keeps things cleaner and also separates my work-related social media posts from my personal ones, which I think all of my friends appreciate, too.

Not to mention Facebook business pages can give you really good analytics as to the traffic your page is getting, how many clicks, shares and reactions your posts get, or how many people go to your website from your page.

vinaya

There is no need to create another acount for business purpose. You can simply create a business page through your primary account and use that page to promote your business. You can even associate your facebook page with your business website and share your business on the page. This is the easiest way to promote your business on facebook. However, you need to build followers of your page.

alexanderzx360

You can use your own personal Facebook to create a new page where you can easily do the same thing that you do as on your personal account. You can even chat to other people through it, so if you're the owner of a company, you can create this website and represent it yourself without having to log in and log out constantly. You just have to be careful about the things you share on your personal profile and on this page (you can see a small square in all the new posts on your dashboard, and there you can select as who you're sharing/commenting)

Cheers!

yemzy

Separate Facebook accounts for personal and business purposes is ideal,And yes,You can have both only with different emails and details.Personally,I like seperating business from pleasure but circumstances arise whereby both complement me as a brand.

So IMO,I support the idea of having separate accounts.

Michael

@JoeMilford , There is a limit on the number of friends you can have? What about some of these big businesses and celebrities? Do they make special conditions for some?

@happybear , A Facebook page has less limits?

@TheArticulate , Are the analytics through Facebook or do you set those up somewhere else?

@alexanderzx360 , Thanks for the tip about the sharing and commenting. I don't know things like that so I will take a note for that one.

@yemzy , As long as you have separate email accounts then that is ok?

Catherine1

I think having just 1 account but additional Facebook pages for your business needs is a lot easier to manage. I am all for making things more easy. :D

TheArticulate

@JoeMilford , There is a limit on the number of friends you can have? What about some of these big businesses and celebrities? Do they make special conditions for some?

@happybear , A Facebook page has less limits?

@TheArticulate , Are the analytics through Facebook or do you set those up somewhere else?

@alexanderzx360 , Thanks for the tip about the sharing and commenting. I don't know things like that so I will take a note for that one.

@yemzy , As long as you have separate email accounts then that is ok?
When it comes to Facebook posts, I try and keep all of my content on their native platform. Photos and videos are all uploaded to Facebook instead of linked out, since Facebook's algorithm naturally prioritizes content that's hosted on their site. Because of this, I just use the analytics that are built into Facebook to see how well my posts perform.

vinaya

I don't think it is necessary to have different facebook acounts for personal use and business use. I use facebook for personal interactions as welll as for business purpose and I never have had any difficulty. In fact having the same account has even made me easy to use facebook, I don't have to log out every time I want to switch the accoun. The best way to use facebook account for business purpose is to create business page from your personal account. You can manage all business activities from that page.