Recurring commissions vs. one time commissions

Maria Marketing

I was looking at some things on Clickbank and there seem to be several things that have recurring commissions for things that people buy on a monthly subscription but the commission amounts are low.

I have not marketed these recurring items before and was wondering if they are worth it or not.

Are the lower rates for recurring commissions better that the bigger one time commissions?

Dean

I would tend to look at the amounts that you would be getting from the recurring/subscription type and seeing if it might be something that people would stay with at least a few months.

A lot of times people will signup for things, and then drop their subscription the next month or soon after. If it looks like something that people would stick with then it might be good to do some of the recurring commission items.

Traveler

I think if you find one that you will make more from the monthly commissions after about 3 or 4 months than ones that have one time commissions then those might be a good one to try. You can maybe test it on 1 or 2 things to see how they do.

Maria Marketing

I would tend to look at the amounts that you would be getting from the recurring/subscription type and seeing if it might be something that people would stay with at least a few months.

A lot of times people will signup for things, and then drop their subscription the next month or soon after. If it looks like something that people would stick with then it might be good to do some of the recurring commission items.
I just would not know how to tell which ones look like some that people would stay with.

Maria Marketing

I think if you find one that you will make more from the monthly commissions after about 3 or 4 months than ones that have one time commissions then those might be a good one to try. You can maybe test it on 1 or 2 things to see how they do.
That seems like a good idea. I might try that. :D

Dean

I just would not know how to tell which ones look like some that people would stay with.
That can be hard to figure out. I would just kind of look at things that looked like they are not some kind of impulse buy and are for something that has continued value for the buyer.

david smith

One time commission is a safe option since the user gets the commission, but in the long run, recurring commissions is more profitable. But as a user one needs to do a due diligence which to select, which will yield more profit, what is the customer exit rate, etc.

Traveler

That seems like a good idea. I might try that. :D
If you use clickbank then some people say it is good to have some commissions that are monthly because that way your account can stay active and they will not charge the service fee for not being active.

Marcos

One time commission is a safe option since the user gets the commission, but in the long run, recurring commissions is more profitable.
What if the commission amounts are very low and it would take a long time to make a good sum of money?

ulterios

If you use clickbank then some people say it is good to have some commissions that are monthly because that way your account can stay active and they will not charge the service fee for not being active.
Yes on ClickBank and any other affiliate network that charges for inactivity it is good to have some recurring commissions getting posted monthly/regularly to help avoid the inactivity fees.

Maria Marketing

One time commission is a safe option since the user gets the commission, but in the long run, recurring commissions is more profitable. But as a user one needs to do a due diligence which to select, which will yield more profit, what is the customer exit rate, etc.
Then if I want bigger profits I should try to use the recurring commission things?

hoadongtien

Because of the competition of the market, those who choose monthly charging service only use 5-6 months or 1 year maximum as they choose a better service. You can get recurring commission multiplied for 10 months to know how much you will get (estimated). That is my experience.

Traveler

Yes on ClickBank and any other affiliate network that charges for inactivity it is good to have some recurring commissions getting posted monthly/regularly to help avoid the inactivity fees.
I need to do that for Clickbank just so they don't charge if there is no activity. That is just stealing basically. Some technical thing to take money you earned.

Maria Marketing

Because of the competition of the market, those who choose monthly charging service only use 5-6 months or 1 year maximum as they choose a better service. You can get recurring commission multiplied for 10 months to know how much you will get (estimated). That is my experience.
Ok, thank you for the information. I think that I understand.

If the 10 months commission is more than the one time bigger commission then I should use that right?