Monthly or Yearly Web Hosting Plans

JohnQ

This would be places that I don't know anything about so there would be no trust yet so then monthly seems like the best option at least in the beginning.
If you do not know then or the quality of their service and can't get anyone to recommend them then you should play safe and do monthly billing.

You might also think about doing regular backups just in case there is a problem with their servers.

Ellen F

If you do not know then or the quality of their service and can't get anyone to recommend them then you should play safe and do monthly billing.

You might also think about doing regular backups just in case there is a problem with their servers.
Monthly at first seems to be what many people recommend. I used to do weekly backups in the past and I was going to do them the same way unless there is something else that is recommended.

JohnQ

Monthly at first seems to be what many people recommend. I used to do weekly backups in the past and I was going to do them the same way unless there is something else that is recommended.
Weekly backups should be OK but also do them after any kind of major changes or before major updates in case something goes wrong.

It's always good to keep backups and make them any time there is a chance that something could get damaged or lost. You can always delete them later if you don't need them.

Ellen F

Weekly backups should be OK but also do them after any kind of major changes or before major updates in case something goes wrong.

It's always good to keep backups and make them any time there is a chance that something could get damaged or lost. You can always delete them later if you don't need them.
That sounds like a good idea. I will try to do them like that then.

Ben

I usually choose a monthly billing cycle until I find out if a web host is a good one or bad one. Then I would pay for a year if the money you save is worth paying in advance for it.

JohnQ

That sounds like a good idea. I will try to do them like that then.
There are also some plugins to do things like that for you if you are using something like Wordpress. Just don't trust the backups made by the host because those can sometimes have problems.

Soulwatcher

I at all costs avoid paying yearly for web hosting unless it's super cheap. I have seen way too many hosts fold up shop or worse yet they sell their business and the person who takes over drives it into the ground. So if I were you I would stick with monthly unless your getting a super cheap deal.

Ellen F

I at all costs avoid paying yearly for web hosting unless it's super cheap. I have seen way too many hosts fold up shop or worse yet they sell their business and the person who takes over drives it into the ground. So if I were you I would stick with monthly unless your getting a super cheap deal.
The yearly prices that I have checked on recently are a little less than half of what 12 months at their monthly rate would be. Is that considered super cheap or should I just stick with monthly anyway?