Is shared web hosting good to start with?

Kania

I was reading about this because I am going to be starting a blog and all the things I read said that shared web hosting is fine to start until your blog gets big and a lot of traffic.
I have learned that shared web hosting is ok to start with but you must have a good web host. The one I have is giving my blog a lot of downtimes so I will be changing to a new web host soon.

Michael

I have learned that shared web hosting is ok to start with but you must have a good web host. The one I have is giving my blog a lot of downtimes so I will be changing to a new web host soon.
Is the downtime because you are using shared hosting or because of who you are using?

Kania

Is the downtime because you are using shared hosting or because of who you are using?
It is because of the hosting company I am using not because it is shared. They just do not have good hosting. I will be changing soon when I have the time to figure things out.

Michael

It is because of the hosting company I am using not because it is shared. They just do not have good hosting. I will be changing soon when I have the time to figure things out.
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully the next hosting you get will not have the same problem.

Kania

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully the next hosting you get will not have the same problem.
Me too. I am trying to find a good hosting company but many just look the same and I do not know who is good and who is bad.

Michael

Me too. I am trying to find a good hosting company but many just look the same and I do not know who is good and who is bad.
I'm in that same situation myself. I don't know what is good and what is bad so I guess it comes down to taking a chance.

Kania

I'm in that same situation myself. I don't know what is good and what is bad so I guess it comes down to taking a chance.
Before you take a chance try to find some information on the web host and maybe ask others about them.

Kania

I was checking on some and I found both good and bad things about them. It just confuses me more.
Same for me mate.I was reading some places that said hostgator was good and some said it is terrible. The same for some other web hosts.

Michael

Same for me mate.I was reading some places that said hostgator was good and some said it is terrible. The same for some other web hosts.
Things like that can make it hard for a person to know who to use and who to not use.

sam.hunt0710

@Kania Best answer for this question will be that you answer this question first for what purpose you are looking for Shared Web Hosting ???

If you are creating Affiliate Sites , Personal Blog you can go for Hostgator & Godaddy .

If you are creating PBN for your Money Site then you need Dedicated Hosting with C class ip.

If you are creating Movie Streaming Website then you need DMCA ignored , offshore hosting.

If you are creating Adult Tube , Adult Content website then you need servers like hostgator , arvixe etc which allows adult hosting.

sam.hunt0710

I am going to be making a blog for my marketing promotions with reviews and other information. Is shared web hosting good to start a new blog on or is it better to pay more for a VPS?

Shared Hosting from Hostgator / Godaddy qualify for your requirement , you can purchase Smallest plan from those 1 month / 3 month and if everything goes well at your end you can easily extend the timeframe.

Kania

Shared Hosting from Hostgator / Godaddy qualify for your requirement , you can purchase Smallest plan from those 1 month / 3 month and if everything goes well at your end you can easily extend the timeframe.
I have not looked at Godaddy web hosting before I did not know if they were good or not. I can look at them. Thanks mate. :D

sam.hunt0710

I have not looked at Godaddy web hosting before I did not know if they were good or not. I can look at them. Thanks mate. :D

I am having resller panel of Godaddy and hosted around 50+ sites over there and they all are working fine for me and visitors no downtime , good customer support.

You can also go Hostwinds , Poweruphosting , Blueangelhost etc ..... :p

Kania

I am having resller panel of Godaddy and hosted around 50+ sites over there and they all are working fine for me and visitors no downtime , good customer support.

You can also go Hostwinds , Poweruphosting , Blueangelhost etc ..... :p
That is good. :D

I have not hear about those other 3 you said but I will check on them.

Michael

Yes it can be mate. You just have to make sure and find all kinds of information or try to ask people who know about it.
I am usually very cautious before making any ind of purchases for services I do not fully understand so I do a lot of looking around for info on things. Some things like web hosting do have a lot of good and bad things said about most of the hosts I was looking at.