Ideas for a new blog

KeralMTG

From these picks I think that travel or cooking are the better ones. I think it will be harder to make money from a teaching or gardening blog.

Ana

If I were you I would choose travel. However, you need to be patient until you get traffic. Make a facebook fanpage with lots of nice pictures. If you've ever traveled somewhere, record your experience.
If I make a travel blog then it will take long to start to get traffic for my blog?

Ana

If you are looking to make money from your blog then I would pick something that is in a profitable subject. If you are not worried about making money from it then pick something that you really like.
It will not be required to make money but I am hoping that it will make some. I will maybe be making another blog that I want to try to make money from after this one.

Melker

It will not be required to make money but I am hoping that it will make some. I will maybe be making another blog that I want to try to make money from after this one.
If it is not required to make money for your first one then maybe you should just do the one that you think you will enjoy the most and then see if you can make money from it. Then later make one for money making purposes and not worry so much about if it is a subject you like the most.

Ana

If it is not required to make money for your first one then maybe you should just do the one that you think you will enjoy the most and then see if you can make money from it. Then later make one for money making purposes and not worry so much about if it is a subject you like the most.
Thank you for your advice. I think that is what I am going to do.

JennyJ

Many people say to go into something that you can make good money from but I think that if that niche is not something that you like then you will not be as motivated and happy to work as hard as you can.

I think you should do something that you like and then try to find a way to make money from that. This way you will be happier and more motivated to work since you like the materials.

Melker

Thank you for your advice. I think that is what I am going to do.
Sure.

I am going to be starting a new project that is more for fun first and then making money second myself. Many times when you start something for fun it can end up making you money when you were not expecting it.

Ana

Many people say to go into something that you can make good money from but I think that if that niche is not something that you like then you will not be as motivated and happy to work as hard as you can.

I think you should do something that you like and then try to find a way to make money from that. This way you will be happier and more motivated to work since you like the materials.
I was thinking this same thing also. I want to be involved in something that I like to help stay excited about working on it.

JennyJ

I was thinking this same thing also. I want to be involved in something that I like to help stay excited about working on it.
I'm a fashion nut so it was obvious that I should go into fashion for my blog and internet marketing. Whatever you like is something I think you should do. That way it's more interesting and you will enjoy it more.

Ana

I'm a fashion nut so it was obvious that I should go into fashion for my blog and internet marketing. Whatever you like is something I think you should do. That way it's more interesting and you will enjoy it more.
I like fashion myself but I like things that are more traditional in fashion. I also agree with doing something you like and that is what I am trying to do myself.

Catherine1

I would do one about whichever you like the most and enjoy writing and sharing about. I think that cooking is always a good one. I have one that covers that and I enjoy cooking so it's easier to write about and do things that have to do with that topic.

Ana

I would do one about whichever you like the most and enjoy writing and sharing about. I think that cooking is always a good one. I have one that covers that and I enjoy cooking so it's easier to write about and do things that have to do with that topic.
Cooking is one of my favorite things so it will be one of the blogs that I will be doing.

JennyJ

I like fashion myself but I like things that are more traditional in fashion. I also agree with doing something you like and that is what I am trying to do myself.
You can cover traditional fashion. It doesn't just have to be modern fashion trends.

Ana

You can cover traditional fashion. It doesn't just have to be modern fashion trends.
I was only thinking that more people like the more modern things and that traditional fashion may not be very popular for a blog.

Catherine1

Cooking is one of my favorite things so it will be one of the blogs that I will be doing.
Good for you. The pages on my blog that do the best for the most traffic are the recipes so put up as many of those as you can and it will help your blog.

Ana

Good for you. The pages on my blog that do the best for the most traffic are the recipes so put up as many of those as you can and it will help your blog.
I am going to have many recipes on my blog. Thank you for this information.

JennyJ

I was only thinking that more people like the more modern things and that traditional fashion may not be very popular for a blog.
Maybe they do but there is a lot more competition in that area. If you went into traditional fashion then you might have more success.

Catherine1

I am going to have many recipes on my blog. Thank you for this information.
I'm happy to help. Another thing that gets a good amount of traffic are any kind of how-to articles. Anything that helps people learn how to do something usually works rather well for traffic in my experience.

Ana

I'm happy to help. Another thing that gets a good amount of traffic are any kind of how-to articles. Anything that helps people learn how to do something usually works rather well for traffic in my experience.
I have plans to have many of those too. I have been keeping track of my ideas and the topics I want to make some of these for.

Catherine1

I have plans to have many of those too. I have been keeping track of my ideas and the topics I want to make some of these for.
Often there are some things that are popular at certain times so you can try to get posts on those to help your blog.