How often to send out marketing emails?

Storm

I was reading about finding the optimum email sending frequency for your mailing lists the other day and it was saying usually once a week is best. Do you guys think that sounds about right or do you use a different time frame?

I always though that many people did this about every 2 weeks to a month so it didn't seem like spam.

Muzzamil

I was reading about finding the optimum email sending frequency for your mailing lists the other day and it was saying usually once a week is best. Do you guys think that sounds about right or do you use a different time frame?

I always though that many people did this about every 2 weeks to a month so it didn't seem like spam.
You will have to test your email list's response rate. People like Anthony Morrison email their list everyday and they are making a lot of money. And there are some people that send an email every two weeks and they are also making a lot of money. So it really depends on your list and it' response.

Dean

You will have to test your email list's response rate.
Great answer! There is not one set time frame that will work or be best for all people and all lists in my opinion and experience. You have to do a little testing with yours and see what produces the best results for what you are trying to achieve.

Usually I would start out about every two weeks and see how the results are for that time frame and make any adjustment (slight) to see if things improve or get better then make a change according to the results.

One thing you don't want to do is to start out sending out email way too often to the point that people start to unsubscribe from the list or stop paying attention to your emails. Make gradual changes to the frequency and adjust things accordingly.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Dean.

ProfMike

I think a lot of it depends on what you are promoting. I have been using email marketing for a few years now and I send my list out when I have a new product our group of products to promote.

I do not want to flood my site visitors with emails pushing the same items. I tend to protect my list and do not want to abuse the members that have given me an email address. I normally have some type of update about every 4 to 6 weeks and send that out to the members. Sometimes a little sooner or later depending upon what I have available.

But again I think a lot of it has to do with product. My products, which are training products, take a long time to develop so that has a lot to do with the frequency.

Now a few times a year I will have special offers on existing products, or package sets that I have assembled based on feedback from my site members and those will have a special email go out. I try to limit those special offers to 2 or 3 a year. Again I do not want to annoy my site members. I may be a little over cautious but I would rather error on the side of caution than annoyance.

I will say that this approach has worked well for me as my unsubscribe rate is very low, usually less than 1% a year. I wish my conversion rate was a little higher, but I think all of us have that same wish... Right now my conversion rate stays right around 4 to 5 %.

Storm

You will have to test your email list's response rate. People like Anthony Morrison email their list everyday and they are making a lot of money. And there are some people that send an email every two weeks and they are also making a lot of money. So it really depends on your list and it' response.
Do you think that if I started out sending it once a week would be ok or should I maybe start doing it monthly and then increasing them slowly down till the response is the best?

Storm

I think a lot of it depends on what you are promoting. I have been using email marketing for a few years now and I send my list out when I have a new product our group of products to promote.

I do not want to flood my site visitors with emails pushing the same items. I tend to protect my list and do not want to abuse the members that have given me an email address. I normally have some type of update about every 4 to 6 weeks and send that out to the members. Sometimes a little sooner or later depending upon what I have available.

But again I think a lot of it has to do with product. My products, which are training products, take a long time to develop so that has a lot to do with the frequency.

Now a few times a year I will have special offers on existing products, or package sets that I have assembled based on feedback from my site members and those will have a special email go out. I try to limit those special offers to 2 or 3 a year. Again I do not want to annoy my site members. I may be a little over cautious but I would rather error on the side of caution than annoyance.

I will say that this approach has worked well for me as my unsubscribe rate is very low, usually less than 1% a year. I wish my conversion rate was a little higher, but I think all of us have that same wish... Right now my conversion rate stays right around 4 to 5 %.
You make a good point with that. I guess the products you are promoting can have a big impact. I just don't want to do it too often and get too many people unsubscribing but I also don't want to leave potential sales on the table.

Do you think if you are marketing higher quality things then a less frequent mailing would be best?

ulterios

I send out once week usually but there are a couple that I send out monthly. Each list is going to be different and a lot of determining how frequent to send out emails should be found out by testing and seeing what works best for you and your list/s.

It is going to depend also on how good your emails are and how well they look and are taken by the receivers of the emails. You always want to make sure that your emails don't look like spam. That will get a lot of people wanting to unsubscribe or just not paying any attention to your messages.

Produce a good quality email and just start trying send rates and see what achieves what you are trying to achieve.

Good Luck. ;)

Maria Marketing

I think it should be not more than once a week or you might get too many people wanting to unsubscribe. I know that if I get too many from someone I will either unsubscribe or mark them as spam and send them to my spam folder. Too often might cost you many subscribers.

Ben

I am just getting back into internet marketing after a break of several months but when I was doing it before I started out doing it daily and then later switched to twice during the week and once on the weekend and it was more productive for my list at that rate.

KeralMTG

I have tried to send mine out every day and 2 times per week and they seem like they do the same success no matter what. I think it probably takes a lot of testing to see what is the best for your email list.

Storm

I am just getting back into internet marketing after a break of several months but when I was doing it before I started out doing it daily and then later switched to twice during the week and once on the weekend and it was more productive for my list at that rate.
I thought about sending them out like this but was not sure if it was a good idea or not. I might try this.

I have tried to send mine out every day and 2 times per week and they seem like they do the same success no matter what. I think it probably takes a lot of testing to see what is the best for your email list.
I have been doing some testing over the last few months but I just need to go through and see what the numbers are and what worked best so far.

Ben

All you can do is try and see what happens. That's the best way to find out what is working and what doesn't.

Kania

I am going to try to send them every day after I was reading a post about this. It said to start sending them every day and if the results are bad then decrease the rate you send them until you are getting good results. I will try this and see how good it works for my marketing and share the results with you.

Kania

I usually mail my list every 2-3 days a week. I just don't go on promoting products after products. I provide value in terms of resources and I do not promote just about any product out there. The products I promote are usually tested by me and only then I start promoting to my list.
I like your method because if you have used something then you will know more about it. This is the same things that I am trying to do most of the time. :D