How much money is realistic to make with Adsense?

Maria Marketing

I have seen lots of articles around the internet saying that you can make thousands and thousands of dollars with Adsense and it's supposed to be easy.

I know that it surely isn't that easy to make lots of money or everyone would be doing it. So to be realistic, how much money can the average Adsense user make?

Please give me your honest opinion if the amount you are thinking is big or small. I just want to know some more realistic numbers so I don't get my hopes up if I decide to use Adsense.

ProfMike

It all depends on a tremendous amount of factors. Popularity of your site or channel, the types of visitors you have, how many people will actually click on the ad, etc.

I have a pretty good web development training site, I average about 100 - 125 visitors a day, there is about a 45% new user rate, the bounce rate is very low, in the teens, so the visitor number is steadily going up, slowly but steadily. I have never really though about monetizing my site until recently. I have had the domain about 4 1/2 years.

I am looking to just capture the money it takes me to run the site, domain costs, hosting costs, SSL costs, etc. Over the last couple of months I signed up for adsense on the site YouTube channel, and have just started watching it to see what is occurring. It looks like the YouTube channel is going to average about $10.00 a month, for now.

That is all the data I have so far.

Maria Marketing

It all depends on a tremendous amount of factors. Popularity of your site or channel, the types of visitors you have, how many people will actually click on the ad, etc.

I have a pretty good web development training site, I average about 100 - 125 visitors a day, there is about a 45% new user rate, the bounce rate is very low, in the teens, so the visitor number is steadily going up, slowly but steadily. I have never really though about monetizing my site until recently. I have had the domain about 4 1/2 years.

I am looking to just capture the money it takes me to run the site, domain costs, hosting costs, SSL costs, etc. Over the last couple of months I signed up for adsense on the site YouTube channel, and have just started watching it to see what is occurring. It looks like the YouTube channel is going to average about $10.00 a month, for now.

That is all the data I have so far.
Thanks Mike. I forgot that there is Adsense for Youtube, is it just one Adsense account that works for both your websites and Youtube or do you need a separate account for each?

ProfMike

I use a single account for all the sites and accounts. I have a few different accounts that I manage for myself and a coulpe of my customers.

I do keep the ads off my training site though. I have had a lot of feedback from the members of the site on how ads can interfere with the flow of the videos they are watching and I would rather not do that.

Muzzamil

I have seen lots of articles around the internet saying that you can make thousands and thousands of dollars with Adsense and it's supposed to be easy.

I know that it surely isn't that easy to make lots of money or everyone would be doing it. So to be realistic, how much money can the average Adsense user make?

Please give me your honest opinion if the amount you are thinking is big or small. I just want to know some more realistic numbers so I don't get my hopes up if I decide to use Adsense.
Yes I have also seen people make a lot of money but you need to have a good budget for that. As of now, google adsense is asking $100,000 for whole year which means $274 a day. Hope it helped. Good Luck!

vishwa

The key to make money from adsense is to create high quality content and drive huge traffic to your website. However you have to follow adsense terms in order drive traffic to your website. If your site is brand new and have low traffic than it is hard to make money from adsense. Quality of traffic also be a big factor to increase click through rates.

Maria Marketing

The key to make money from adsense is to create high quality content and drive huge traffic to your website. However you have to follow adsense terms in order drive traffic to your website. If your site is brand new and have low traffic than it is hard to make money from adsense. Quality of traffic also be a big factor to increase click through rates.
Thanks for the reply Vishwa. Since they are looking at quality of the traffic to a site, how can we see what the quality of the traffic that our sites get? Is there somewhere that we can check?

Maria Marketing

I use a single account for all the sites and accounts. I have a few different accounts that I manage for myself and a coulpe of my customers.

I do keep the ads off my training site though. I have had a lot of feedback from the members of the site on how ads can interfere with the flow of the videos they are watching and I would rather not do that.
Wow Mike, it looks like you must have replied to my question right after I signed off. Sorry about that but I didn't know that you were logged in here. I usually have time just to log in and check replies then leave. I hope you understand that I was not trying to keep you hanging. I am a very busy Mum! :)

I didn't think about that but I would tend to agree with the others that sometimes ads can interfere with the flow of videos and especially a training or educational video. It's nice that you have chosen to put their needs ahead of advertising. Very respectable! :)

ProfMike

No problem at all. I am in and out of the forum most days and depending upon the traffic on the forum and my sites determines how long I stay in.

I stay very busy also, I think that is the nature of this beast.

I always out the members of my site above the advertising revenue. The site does pretty good in sales on training and I really do not want to impact that by advertisements. Between the 100's of FREE videos and the few courses that I sell it holds it own and pretty much pays for itself.

Now if I add all the time I spend writing, testing and recording the training videos, I am losing my butt. But it is a passion so I never figure all that into the equation.

vishwa

Thanks for the reply Vishwa. Since they are looking at quality of the traffic to a site, how can we see what the quality of the traffic that our sites get? Is there somewhere that we can check?
You can monitor your site traffic through Google Adsense and get deep analysis of your site traffic. Do not promote your site on paid to click or traffic exchange sites because it is highly prohibited by Google. Always monitor your site traffic. If you found any unusual activity than sort it out immediately. You can also report this activity to Google.

Maria Marketing

You can monitor your site traffic through Google Adsense and get deep analysis of your site traffic. Do not promote your site on paid to click or traffic exchange sites because it is highly prohibited by Google. Always monitor your site traffic. If you found any unusual activity than sort it out immediately. You can also report this activity to Google.
Thanks Vishwa. So then if we can not use paid advertising then can we use social media marketing as long as it's just posting things and not buying advertising?

vishwa

Maria Marketing

No problem at all. I am in and out of the forum most days and depending upon the traffic on the forum and my sites determines how long I stay in.

I stay very busy also, I think that is the nature of this beast.

I always out the members of my site above the advertising revenue. The site does pretty good in sales on training and I really do not want to impact that by advertisements. Between the 100's of FREE videos and the few courses that I sell it holds it own and pretty much pays for itself.

Now if I add all the time I spend writing, testing and recording the training videos, I am losing my butt. But it is a passion so I never figure all that into the equation.
You have hundreds of free videos on your site? Why don't you charge at least a small fee for them?

Maria Marketing

Exactly Maria, When you are using adsense on your website than it is highly advisable that you avoid using paid advertising methods to drive traffic to your website. you check their terms and publishers requirement here.https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/3394713?hl=en&ref_topic=1250104
Thanks Vishwa. Wehn I was reading some information on adsense I didn't see that you can't do paid advertising. I am glad that I found this out now instead of getting in trouble later. I was reading from other websites and not Google. I guess I should have started there first. There stuff just uses so many technical terms that I do not know yet and that is why I go to other websites for information.

Dean

Yes you can make thousands and thousands of dollars with the Google Adsense program BUT you are going to need lots of traffic to do that. Adsense doesn't pay very high when you compare it to other options such as affiliate advertising but it is possible to make this much.

The better choice for many is to use both Adsense and affiliate advertising to make good money. That way you have both your target audience covered with the appropriate affiliate ads and the random visitors with Adsense.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Dean.

Maria Marketing

Yes you can make thousands and thousands of dollars with the Google Adsense program BUT you are going to need lots of traffic to do that. Adsense doesn't pay very high when you compare it to other options such as affiliate advertising but it is possible to make this much.

The better choice for many is to use both Adsense and affiliate advertising to make good money. That way you have both your target audience covered with the appropriate affiliate ads and the random visitors with Adsense.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Dean.
Is is ok with google to use both adsense and affiliate advertising on the same website?

ulterios

Is is ok with google to use both adsense and affiliate advertising on the same website?
Yes AdSense allows the use of affiliate ads on the same website and the same pages. You still have to follow their guidelines but you can use both if you would like.

Many people do this because they can put affiliate ads for items that are related to the content of their website and the AdSense would show ads specific to the visitor to your site.

KeralMTG

I have also read that some people make thousands of dollars every month using adsense. I have never used adsense but I will once I get a blog that can get approval for it. I would be happy with making a couple hundred US dollars myself.

Maria Marketing

Yes AdSense allows the use of affiliate ads on the same website and the same pages. You still have to follow their guidelines but you can use both if you would like.

Many people do this because they can put affiliate ads for items that are related to the content of their website and the AdSense would show ads specific to the visitor to your site.
Thanks, I am trying to learn as much about adsense as I can right now so I do not make any mistakes when I get it on my website later on. I know they are strict with their rules.

Ben

I had a friend who used to make thousands every month off of adsense but he told me he only makes a couple hundred a month now. He said google made some changes to what they pay. I have seen some stories around the internet about people making a lot so it might be more about how good your site is.