How much money is realistic to make with Adsense?

ulterios

I had a friend who used to make thousands every month off of adsense but he told me he only makes a couple hundred a month now. He said google made some changes to what they pay. I have seen some stories around the internet about people making a lot so it might be more about how good your site is.
I myself used to make real good money with AdSense years ago but they have made many changes over the years since then and that has lowered the amount that I make from it. I use other monetization methods now that out perform AdSense drastically!

Ben

I myself used to make real good money with AdSense years ago but they have made many changes over the years since then and that has lowered the amount that I make from it. I use other monetization methods now that out perform AdSense drastically!
It never fails! When something is working well for people the powers that be will just make some changes and cut back on the people that have helped them in the past!

TCoder

It used to be easy to generate some decent revenue with adsense, It's harder now. I used to average around 500-600 a month a few years back and that slowly tricked down to virtually nothing. With the ad blockers become more and more relevant it's harder to earn with any major click provider. When google eliminated most of the web spam for the searches, it killed a lot of people who depended on adsense for income.

ulterios

It used to be easy to generate some decent revenue with adsense, It's harder now. I used to average around 500-600 a month a few years back and that slowly tricked down to virtually nothing. With the ad blockers become more and more relevant it's harder to earn with any major click provider. When google eliminated most of the web spam for the searches, it killed a lot of people who depended on adsense for income.
Yeah, they did increase their profit margin though! ;)