How good is social media for traffic?

Ellen F

I keep hearing that social media is real good for traffic but I don't know if that is just hype or real. How good is social media for traffic really?
I was hearing those same things when I started my first blog last year but I never really got much success from it but I think that main part of why that was is because I would go several days and often a week or so between posting anything on them.

I started to get real busy at work and was neglecting my social activities and never got the desired results. I think if you put a good effort into it then you will probably do nicely since that seems to be the general believe from what I have seen.

Melker

I was hearing those same things when I started my first blog last year but I never really got much success from it but I think that main part of why that was is because I would go several days and often a week or so between posting anything on them.

I started to get real busy at work and was neglecting my social activities and never got the desired results. I think if you put a good effort into it then you will probably do nicely since that seems to be the general believe from what I have seen.
That can be long in this day. Going a week or more without doing anything on your blog can make it look stale or not very active and discourage people from returning.

I am going to setup a schedule to make sure I keep mine updated and active.

TheArticulate

That can be long in this day. Going a week or more without doing anything on your blog can make it look stale or not very active and discourage people from returning.

That's a great idea! Keeping to a schedule for posts would be a very effective method for you. I feel like most of us are creatures of habit, and if we get into the routine of knowing that our favorite blogs or organizations post on a certain day, we'll be more inclined to read what they post since we know something's coming.

It's also important for you because keeping your blog or social media active with regular posts is crucial to keeping yourself in the eyes of your audience. You want your material to be appearing regularly online in front of your readers so they don't forget that you're still there and publishing!

gilaraymark

Billions of people around the world use or have a social media today. Facebook,Twiter, snapchat, instagram, youtube, etc. all of that have a billions of user around the world. So I doubt if you can't still get more traffic into social media's today. the only thing is the proper way on how to get that billions of user to get into your site.

augusta

yea,all my social media platform are generating good traffic for me.I was contemplating using a paid platform for generating traffic to my sites til l read online that Facebook,twitter and Instagram are powerful tool and I tried it worked like magic.

spectat0r

I think it's one of the best tool to generate a huge amount of traffic. Like any other craft, you just need to know how it works and just be good at it. Plus, it has a huge market for you to penetrate, giving you an opportunity to reach your audience.

Maria Marketing

Yes it can be good but how good it is depends in part on how many followers and friends you have for your social profiles. If you only have a small following then it will not make much traffic for you. You need to always try to increase the people you have that will be seeing your posts the most. If you get a lot of people following you then you can get more traffic.

Melker

That's a great idea! Keeping to a schedule for posts would be a very effective method for you. I feel like most of us are creatures of habit, and if we get into the routine of knowing that our favorite blogs or organizations post on a certain day, we'll be more inclined to read what they post since we know something's coming.

It's also important for you because keeping your blog or social media active with regular posts is crucial to keeping yourself in the eyes of your audience. You want your material to be appearing regularly online in front of your readers so they don't forget that you're still there and publishing!
I agree and I am a creature of habit probably more than many others are so it should help me stay up with things.

I didn't think about that but you are right. Many people do look forward to things when they know something is coming so that might help in that area as well. Good point.

Ellen F

I'm going to start doing scheduled posts once I get my blog completed and try to go a couple of weeks worth of posts scheduled. That would give me kind of a period where I can miss doing something myself for a few days yet not miss any posting opportunities.

Melker

I'm going to start doing scheduled posts once I get my blog completed and try to go a couple of weeks worth of posts scheduled. That would give me kind of a period where I can miss doing something myself for a few days yet not miss any posting opportunities.
That's a really good idea and it will probably help grow your following on the social media sites.

Ellen F

That's a really good idea and it will probably help grow your following on the social media sites.
They are all scheduled through the end of the month. Now I will just wait and see what happens and if there is some good growth numbers. :)

Melker

They are all scheduled through the end of the month. Now I will just wait and see what happens and if there is some good growth numbers. :)
I need to do something like that myself but I really wouldn't know how much of an improvement I would get since I just started doing some things on social media.

SirenOnFire

Most bloggers and forum owners who make of use social media as a medium to make their websites get more attention through having more traffics, have been very much successful in doing so. Not only do they have an automatic community that would be a target crowd for their contents, but also through these people, the popularity of their websites can be achieved a lot faster compared to other options of doing it. It's much cheaper too.

Ellen F

I need to do something like that myself but I really wouldn't know how much of an improvement I would get since I just started doing some things on social media.
It's still a good idea to keep track of what you are doing now so that if and when you make any changes in the future you will know what the impact of those would be.

Toshiro Cotta

I keep hearing that social media is real good for traffic but I don't know if that is just hype or real. How good is social media for traffic really?
Social media can be a good tool for generating traffic because each platform has the ability to reach a new audience in a new way.

Hashtags are a great way to reach people of similar interests who you don't already have as an audience base. Also, the best part about social media is the potential for engagement. Unlike other means of marketing, social media allows you to have direct contact with your audience and thus engage them on a more personal level.

You can understand their problems, answer their questions, build a personal connection and more through them. It is, of course, a tool and you should know how to use it. Each social media platform is different, so it's best to know the best practices for each of them to have the greatest impact on all.

Another great feature of social media which makes it a good means of generating traffic is that it is free! Reducing marketing costs can help increase profits. Of course, I believe they also have paid advertising which can help if you want to supplement your social media marketing strategy. :)

jojo_1234

Yes I agree that social media is an effective tool and a good traffic for expanding your business on line but before that you must need to know how you can eventually boost it to have an effective way to increase traffic. Use high conversion key words, use effective hashtags, include visual contents, use sure and concise updates, create share worthy blogs, identify top performing contents and use a variety of Social media friendly websites. In this way you can slowly increase and effective traffic but then again let me remind you that achieving one is not accomplished overnight you have to eventually re-asses everything again and again to achieve you objective.

Melker

Most bloggers and forum owners who make of use social media as a medium to make their websites get more attention through having more traffics, have been very much successful in doing so. Not only do they have an automatic community that would be a target crowd for their contents, but also through these people, the popularity of their websites can be achieved a lot faster compared to other options of doing it. It's much cheaper too.
Social media can really increase the popularity of a website fast? What if people there don't like your website?
Social media can be a good tool for generating traffic because each platform has the ability to reach a new audience in a new way.

Hashtags are a great way to reach people of similar interests who you don't already have as an audience base. Also, the best part about social media is the potential for engagement. Unlike other means of marketing, social media allows you to have direct contact with your audience and thus engage them on a more personal level.

You can understand their problems, answer their questions, build a personal connection and more through them. It is, of course, a tool and you should know how to use it. Each social media platform is different, so it's best to know the best practices for each of them to have the greatest impact on all.

Another great feature of social media which makes it a good means of generating traffic is that it is free! Reducing marketing costs can help increase profits. Of course, I believe they also have paid advertising which can help if you want to supplement your social media marketing strategy. :)
Hashtags are just something that is really confusing to me. How do I know which ones to use and how many? I really don't completely understand them.
Yes I agree that social media is an effective tool and a good traffic for expanding your business on line but before that you must need to know how you can eventually boost it to have an effective way to increase traffic. Use high conversion key words, use effective hashtags, include visual contents, use sure and concise updates, create share worthy blogs, identify top performing contents and use a variety of Social media friendly websites. In this way you can slowly increase and effective traffic but then again let me remind you that achieving one is not accomplished overnight you have to eventually re-asses everything again and again to achieve you objective.
How does someone that is pretty new to social media know which keywords and which hashtags to use? It all seems confusing.

Heatman

Social Media gave Ex President Obama the edge in his first term in office as POTUS.His campaign team utterly used the power of Social media to reach lots of people which resulted in votes,So whether for personal campaigns or business campaigns,Social Media will drive traffic massively.
Social Media gave Ex President Obama the edge in his first term in office as POTUS.His campaign team utterly used the power of Social media to reach lots of people which resulted in votes,So whether for personal campaigns or business campaigns,Social Media will drive traffic massively.

Definitely one doesn't expect to generate traffic on his site or blog by meeting people on the road and telling them about it. It's definitely through social media platform such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, snap chat etc that one advertise his site.

It's the vast majority of people on those socal media networks that would eventually give you traffic on your site if you offer what they might be interested in.

romarie0425

Social media is the best platform to generate traffic. Here in the Philippines most of the people has laptop and smartphones that has an access in all social media sites. If you bring them a good content you can easily generate traffic.

In this generation is the most powerful tool to achieve your dreams not only in marketing, blogging, or making vlogs but also it can make you famous.

Actually, many people here in the Philippines got famous only by using social media.

Just remember, you just have to be wise and creative for your work to generate more traffic.

dks1989

Social Media can be really good for traffic. Especially nowadays, there seems to be a lot of focus on engagement and fitting content. An example is politics where many politicians are employing populist agendas - something that even small people in society are willing to engage. In fact, may marketing companies have harnessed the full potential of social working by using it as core of there business/services and they are getting hired for such presence and online activity.