How can I make a backup in cpanel easily?

Maria Marketing

I want to make a backup in my cpanel web hosting without doing one in softaculous. I want to make a backup of the files for my blog and the database and keep them on my own computer instead of in my hosting.

Does anyone know if it is hard and how to do it if it is not too hard?

Dean

if you are wanting to make them manually then you can open the file manager and go to the folder that your blog files are installed in, click on the "Select All" tab, name your backup and download it. This is for the files BTW.

Then for the database just go to your cPanel home page and click on the "Backup Wizard" icon and select the database that you want to download.

This will give you both the files and the database backups and you can download then to your PC, flash drive or external hard drive for storage.

KeralMTG

It is not hard to do backups at all mate. Just do like @Dean said and it is simple to make them as often as you are needing them. I store mine on my computer and upload a copy to dropbox also so I have 2 copies of them so if 1 gets lost then you still have the other.

Maria Marketing

if you are wanting to make them manually then you can open the file manager and go to the folder that your blog files are installed in, click on the "Select All" tab, name your backup and download it. This is for the files BTW.

Then for the database just go to your cPanel home page and click on the "Backup Wizard" icon and select the database that you want to download.

This will give you both the files and the database backups and you can download then to your PC, flash drive or external hard drive for storage.
I will try that and see if I can do it. Thank you. :D

It is not hard to do backups at all mate. Just do like @Dean said and it is simple to make them as often as you are needing them. I store mine on my computer and upload a copy to dropbox also so I have 2 copies of them so if 1 gets lost then you still have the other.
That sounds like a good idea. Thank you. :D

Dean

I will try that and see if I can do it. Thank you. :D
You are welcome Maria. I did forget one thing also.

After you open the file manager and go to the folder that your blog files are installed in, click on the "Select All" tab, click "Compress"(this is the part I forgot) then name your backup and download it.

Online Bliss

Sometimes I prefer using this way because I know which I will make the backup and it can be faster than using backup wizard function that cPanel provides.

Dean

Sometimes I prefer using this way because I know which I will make the backup and it can be faster than using backup wizard function that cPanel provides.
I usually do mine this way and only use the backup wizard for my database backups. I do have some automated backups setup in case I get busy but I always prefer to do mine manually just to be safe.

Maria Marketing

You are welcome Maria. I did forget one thing also.

After you open the file manager and go to the folder that your blog files are installed in, click on the "Select All" tab, click "Compress"(this is the part I forgot) then name your backup and download it.
Thank you. I will try this method later today or tomorrow and see how is goes for me. I am not a technical person so I often have trouble with things like this but we will see.

You are most welcome mate. I have also been thinking about trying some of the wordpress plugins that are for backups. Maybe you can think about those too.
I saw a couple of plugins for backups but I am not sure that I will be able to figure out how to use them. If you try one and it does a good job and is easy then please let me know about it.

Dean

Thank you. I will try this method later today or tomorrow and see how is goes for me. I am not a technical person so I often have trouble with things like this but we will see.
I think that you be be able to do them without any problems. It's pretty easy to do and if you run into any problems then you can probably find a guide in Google on how to do it. I doubt that you would need one though.