Has anyone built a website using Bootstrap?

Ben

I have been playing around with a test website using Bootstrap but it is far off from what I am used to using. I have mainly used content management systems like Wordpress and other similar software so this is quite different.

I like the speed that a website will load built with Bootstrap which is one reason why I started playing around with it.

I was wondering if anyone here has used it an what they think about it.

Traveler

I tried to use it once last year for building a new website but it just requires much more work than wordpress so I ended up giving up on it. If they had a cms that was easy to use that used bootstrap for it's code then it might be good then and much easier.

Catherine1

I have used some themes that said that they were built with bootstrap but they were for a Wordpress blog so I don't know what that means exactly but they were good themes that looked real nice on phones and that was my main goal.

ulterios

I have built a couple of websites using Bootstrap and really like it for the most part. It does take longer to build a website and to edit or add content to a site built with it so I wouldn't recommend it for a blog just yet.

I really like the page loading speed for Bootstrap sites and that's one of the main reason I built a couple of sites with it.

The sites I built with it only had about a dozen pages, give or take, so the extra time to build them was not that bad.

There is a lot of good information around the web on Bootstrap so finding needed information or help is usually pretty easy also.

As long as you are not building a big site then I would give it a shot. ;)

Drewdude1992

've had several sites built on this platform along with Wordpress but I would rather use an HTML website any day. I guess because this is what I was taught and easier to use.
Obviously, if it was a small website then you should go with HTML but if you want to expand your website bigger, you should choose a framework.
I didn't like the way it loaded. Just my opinion.
You can select components to work with Boostrap, that will make it load faster, the same way for your website.

Adrianhenry

Bootstrap can be a bit of a shift, especially if you're accustomed to content management systems like WordPress. The speed advantage it offers is indeed one of its highlights. Personally, I've found Bootstrap to be a fantastic framework for building responsive and fast-loading websites. It's robust, offers a grid system that makes layout design easier, and has a variety of pre-designed components that can save a lot of time. Plus, the responsive nature ensures your website looks good on various devices.

It might feel a bit challenging initially, but with practice, you'll find it quite handy, especially if you prefer more control over your website's design and performance. Don't hesitate to dive into Bootstrap's documentation and online tutorials; they can be incredibly helpful in mastering the framework.

Good luck with your Bootstrap adventures!