Has anyone built a website using Bootstrap?

Has anyone built a website using Bootstrap?

Discussion in 'Website Design' started by Ben, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Ben

Ben Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    I have been playing around with a test website using Bootstrap but it is far off from what I am used to using. I have mainly used content management systems like Wordpress and other similar software so this is quite different.

I like the speed that a website will load built with Bootstrap which is one reason why I started playing around with it.

I was wondering if anyone here has used it an what they think about it.

2. Traveler

Traveler Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    I tried to use it once last year for building a new website but it just requires much more work than wordpress so I ended up giving up on it. If they had a cms that was easy to use that used bootstrap for it's code then it might be good then and much easier.

3. Catherine1

Catherine1 Active Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    I have used some themes that said that they were built with bootstrap but they were for a Wordpress blog so I don't know what that means exactly but they were good themes that looked real nice on phones and that was my main goal.

4. ulterios

ulterios Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +251 / 1 / -0
    I have built a couple of websites using Bootstrap and really like it for the most part. It does take longer to build a website and to edit or add content to a site built with it so I wouldn't recommend it for a blog just yet.

I really like the page loading speed for Bootstrap sites and that's one of the main reason I built a couple of sites with it.

The sites I built with it only had about a dozen pages, give or take, so the extra time to build them was not that bad.

There is a lot of good information around the web on Bootstrap so finding needed information or help is usually pretty easy also.

As long as you are not building a big site then I would give it a shot. ;)

5. Chi Doan

Chi Doan New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    We used bootstrap for our project, it's the great.
    But I think it's better to use bootstrap for web app project more than SEO website.