Email sign-ups on Facebook

Catherine1

They have an option on Facebook pages to add a sign-up button to your page but I don't know if adding one of these is a good idea or not.

Does anyone use sign-up buttons on Facebook or have any thoughts on if they would be a good idea or not?

Storm

I don't use them yet but I am going to when my sites are done. I think that using a signup button on facebook would be a good idea. There are so many people on facebook that you can't pass up an opportunity for advertising and promotion especially if it's free.

ulterios

Well sure it's a good idea to add a sign-up button on your Facebook page. That gives you one more place that people can sign-up and that can help grow your email list that much quicker by having the extra source of sign-ups. ;)

Catherine1

Thanks both of you. I was just not sure if it would look bad or cheap by having a sign-up button on a Facebook page or not.

KeralMTG

I think it will be ok since you are just asking for people on facebook to signup for your email and you are not trying to do marketing with it.

ulterios

I have actually been looking at several Facebook pages lately and it seems like most of the are not using this option. I don't know why that would be other than they are just not taking the time to set it up.

It seems like a wasted opportunity to me. ;)

Dean

I think that a signup button on your Facebook page would be a good idea and can help you grow your email list more quickly. I have been meaning to do this myself but I have had other things to take care of lately. I will probably be implementing it soon though.

Catherine1

Thanks for the help everyone. I guess I will go ahead and try it. :)