Do you use Tumblr?

Traveler

I keep hear about this social media blogging website but I don't know if it's good or not. I tried looking for information on it but it's making me more confused about it.

Do you use it and is it good for marketing?

ulterios

I haven't used it myself yet but I have considered looking at it as a possibility. I just need to get some more time to be able to look at it in depth because I have a few questions about the platform.

I heard that it's real good for marketing based on some articles I read on a few of the top marketing blogs/sites but there was not any mentions about the questions I have had about that social media network.

I will check it out in the future but as to when that will happen, I have no idea. ;)

Kania

I don't use it yet myself but some of my blogger friends use it. They say that it can be good to help get extra traffic to your blog. I will be joining there soon maybe and trying to see how good it is.

JohnQ

Some years ago Tumblr seemed like some kind of joke but they seem to be rather popular. I read somewhere the Yahoo bought them for a really large price so they must be good and growing.

Since it's some kind of blogging type of social media site you might get some good action there.

Ben

I have heard people talking about it and read some blog posts about ut but when I was looking for more information on the site I couldn't find enough good information to make me want to signup.

Maybe if I knew more about it I would start using it but until then I don't think I will be using Tumblr.

Traveler

I haven't used it myself yet but I have considered looking at it as a possibility. I just need to get some more time to be able to look at it in depth because I have a few questions about the platform.

I heard that it's real good for marketing based on some articles I read on a few of the top marketing blogs/sites but there was not any mentions about the questions I have had about that social media network.

I will check it out in the future but as to when that will happen, I have no idea. ;)
If you find out if it is worth the time or not then tell me about it because it just seems like a waste of time to me now based on what I am seeing.
I don't use it yet myself but some of my blogger friends use it. They say that it can be good to help get extra traffic to your blog. I will be joining there soon maybe and trying to see how good it is.
If you do then tell me how it is. :)
Some years ago Tumblr seemed like some kind of joke but they seem to be rather popular. I read somewhere the Yahoo bought them for a really large price so they must be good and growing.

Since it's some kind of blogging type of social media site you might get some good action there.
Maybe but it is just something that I do not know of so it seems like a waste of time now even if it might not be.
I have heard people talking about it and read some blog posts about ut but when I was looking for more information on the site I couldn't find enough good information to make me want to signup.

Maybe if I knew more about it I would start using it but until then I don't think I will be using Tumblr.
same thing with me. I don't want to be wasting my time for nothing unless I know the results are going to be worth it.

ulterios

If you find out if it is worth the time or not then tell me about it because it just seems like a waste of time to me now based on what I am seeing.
I am not planning on trying them out anytime soon but when I do I will let you and the others here know about it. ;)

Ben

same thing with me. I don't want to be wasting my time for nothing unless I know the results are going to be worth it.
Maybe you can just try it out for a couple of weeks or maybe a month to see what happens. If it shows potential then stay with it and if not then you didn't lose much time and effort.

Traveler

Maybe you can just try it out for a couple of weeks or maybe a month to see what happens. If it shows potential then stay with it and if not then you didn't lose much time and effort.
I might do that soon just to see if it's worth spending my time with.

Will247

I keep seeing things about Tumblr and seeing their little icon on some sites so it must be good for some uses at least. I have wanted to look at their platform more and see if it's got any good use to me but I haven't done it yet.

I'm probably going to set up an account and see how it works and take it from there.

trebor2017

It is a good social media where you can share or advertise your blog. I haven't tried it yet since I am not thinking to start blogging but maybe if I got tips on ding blogs then maybe I will start using it. Hope you can also give me tips on how to start blogging :) thank you advance :).

HannaMN

I haven't used it for marketing purposes but for me, it's good. Tumblr is a social network where visual content is very important. I love photography and most of the pictures that I've checked were from Tumblr. Photos are the most popular content on the site and as far as i know, they also have gifs, videos and texts. So I think that promoting something there through photos is more effective. But i'm still lacking in information, me myself needs to explore tumblr a little more.:Dontknow::Computer:

tiffiecute

They say Tumblr is a fusion of social network and blogging platform. I am not a blogger but I'm a social media freak. So by that, it's not my thing. There's never a single day that passed without me opening my Facebook account. But I only get to check if my blog site is still alive once a year.

Truly, I want to be somewhere online wherein I can get 'real time' attention from the people I care about.

They say Tumblr is both easy to use and hard to explain, due to content ranging from text and .gif files to music and videos that address specific fan groups, subcultures, businesses, social issues and other concerns. I'm an artist but simplicity is still my best friend. Tumblr's site has full of colors which overkills aesthetic visualization.

Dkaraly

I have heard that it is a popular site, but it's not that good for marketing. Maybe you can use it to gain more traffic for your websites. It's more commonly used to talk about different interests like TV series, movies, fandom, pairings shipping and stuff like that. There are other sites that I think have better tools for internet marketing and are more adequate or easier to use for that purpose.

jojo_1234

Most of my friends have the Tumblr account and that includes me. I have had that account for sometime already and haven't really seen the progress compared to some other social media platform. But in my case I just wanted to try all social media platforms from Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and more... This is to cover a wider coverage on my business expansion. I believe some people may have an account on Tumblr and some may don't have so its better covering all possible means than missing a thing.

Ben

I haven't used it for marketing purposes but for me, it's good. Tumblr is a social network where visual content is very important. I love photography and most of the pictures that I've checked were from Tumblr. Photos are the most popular content on the site and as far as i know, they also have gifs, videos and texts. So I think that promoting something there through photos is more effective. But i'm still lacking in information, me myself needs to explore tumblr a little more.:Dontknow::Computer:
Do you post just photos there or do you post articles also?

I'm trying to get a feel for that website because it's all strange to me.

dallymdj

I was a constant user before, during my early adult years. Well, my account is still active but I rarely visit the site. There are more teenager who used it as compared to adults. It is a social media flatform that you can display your own creativity by posting artworks, photos and even poetry. People will just like your post, if they like the content. There are also moving graphics or pictures which can totally attract viewers and they used hashtags.

In fact, there's a lots of marketing strategy going on. If the tumblr user has a lot of followers, a brand will definitely sponsored this person to introduce or sell the brand by posting photos. For example, clothes, this brand ambassador will wear the clothes which can attract and catch the attention of their online viewers to buy the brand. This is a good strategy specifically if your target market are teens.

jemuelterrado

I heard a lot about this website earlier from my friends but i never tried it even visited in their main page. But i am curios how does this website do and how it serve to other people to entertain them. I think it is a social media too similar to Facebook. I do not know if i am correct.

hgonzales2

No, I don't. I actually don't have any idea about it. I just heard it from a friend but I didn't ask for further details on how it works. I'm really not a social media person. I think I'm the only person among my friends who doesn't have Instagram. :Yahoo:

DesmondHayes

Namely, I use Tumblr (at least I'm trying to use it) and I wonder if it's possible to make different "sections" (sections?: D), ie, Somehow sort the blog, for example, fashion, beauty, recipes ... So, edit the blog so that I'm not chaotic, unrelated topics will be intertwined. Is there a way to prevent this?