Do you use elaborate landing pages?

Dean

Lately in my internet travels I have seen a very large amount of simple and plain looking landing pages being used. These landing pages look extremely basic with very little detail.

I don't know if it's just what I have come across or if this is a new trend. Over the years there were a lot more elaborate landing pages that I would come across but it seems like things are changing.

Do you use elaborate landing pages with a lot of detail or do you use just something basic and/or simple?

Cheers, Dean.

ulterios

With my landing pages I try to keep them simple and clean looking but not so simple that they look cheap. I want to present a well thought out and laid out design that would most likely be appealing to my target audience.

I used to use very elaborate landing pages and was told by someone who was a long time marketer (almost 20 years) that it would usually be better to have something more simple and clean.

I started to redesign how I did my landing pages and they have done better ever since then.

Sometimes going all out and getting too fancy might not be the best choice for what you are trying to achieve. ;)

Dean

Personally I think that it can also make a difference in how a landing page should look based on what the topic or niche for the landing page is about. Sometimes things will work for one will not always be the best choice for another.

Some will work well with fancier landing pages and others with more simple landing pages, all depending on what you are trying to present.

Cheers, Dean.

Storm

I like my landing pages to catch the attention of the person who is viewing it but I try to not get to insane with crazy details. I like them to draw attention but look professional.

Dean

I like them to draw attention but look professional.
I'm the same way. Sometimes I just seem to have a hard time deciding exactly what will draw a viewers attention yet look clean and professional.

I usually have to do a lot of looking at other landing pages in the same or similar niche to help me get ideas.

KeralMTG

I use mostly simple ones for myself. I like them to look nice but not too much clutter on them so people can see and read them better.

John11

Landing or home page is the most important part of the website. When redesigning the home page we should make sure that it is not too complicated to use for the general audience. A beautifully designed landing page also increase the conversion rate. For increasing the website traffic or product sales, most of the organizations use A/B testing,where they compare two designs of a website and select the one with the increased conversion rate.

Dean

For increasing the website traffic or product sales, most of the organizations use A/B testing,where they compare two designs of a website and select the one with the increased conversion rate.
I have actually been wanting to get back into doing some A/B testing myself for many different things. Landing pages are one of those things that I am hoping to get a chance to do some testing on at some point.

Catherine1

I wouldn't say that mine are elaborate but I do like them to look nice and unique. I want people to remember mine when they see them and later come back to them. :D

Dean

I wouldn't say that mine are elaborate but I do like them to look nice and unique. I want people to remember mine when they see them and later come back to them. :D
I do that also Catherine. I like people to remember my pages or sites when they see them again. :)