Did you think internet marketing was easy?

Ben

I was not thinking internet marketing would be easy so much but I did think that the amount of money would be much higher. I had read some things and listened to people who were supposed to be experts in internet marketing that turned out to be full of BS.

I learned that you have to work hard and be real lucky to earn the big bucks by doing internet marketing.

KeralMTG

I was not thinking internet marketing would be easy so much but I did think that the amount of money would be much higher. I had read some things and listened to people who were supposed to be experts in internet marketing that turned out to be full of BS.

I learned that you have to work hard and be real lucky to earn the big bucks by doing internet marketing.
I have seen many things of those kind of people who are experts they say but they are just trying to make you believe them so you buy something or sign up for something. Everyone who does not do internet marketing thinks it is so easy. Some of my friends call me easy money because they think I do nothing and make very much money but I don't and I work a lot for what I am making.

Ben

I have seen many things of those kind of people who are experts they say but they are just trying to make you believe them so you buy something or sign up for something. Everyone who does not do internet marketing thinks it is so easy. Some of my friends call me easy money because they think I do nothing and make very much money but I don't and I work a lot for what I am making.
They often call themself a "Guru" which usually translates into meaning full of bull.

Maybe we should call you "Easy Money" here to make you feel like you are always with friends. :Icon Rock:

KeralMTG

If IM was that easy each and every Newbie joining IM industry will be Millionaire in a glimpse of eye. LOL :D
Yes and many think they will be quickly but it will not happen like that.

They often call themself a "Guru" which usually translates into meaning full of bull.

Maybe we should call you "Easy Money" here to make you feel like you are always with friends. :Icon Rock:
I really don't care if people call me that because it is just for fun.

JohnQ

almost everyone I have ever talked to about this has thought it was easy and I was also thinking it long ago. Most people think that internet marketers only work a couple hours a day or week and the money comes in like a flood.

Those that have done it after thinking that usually think they were very wrong and it's a lot of work.

KeralMTG

almost everyone I have ever talked to about this has thought it was easy and I was also thinking it long ago. Most people think that internet marketers only work a couple hours a day or week and the money comes in like a flood.

Those that have done it after thinking that usually think they were very wrong and it's a lot of work.
That is quite true mate. Everyone thinks a little amount of work equals to alot of money but they just do not understand it is not that way. Some that have said that to me I have told them that if it was so easy then why they do not do it too. They always have some dumb excuse.

TheArticulate

I suppose I was lucky in that I was never considering internet marketing a path for me. Graduating college, I was a multimedia person, so I produced videos and photography for clients. I quickly found myself working for a small college near my town doing video production for the campus marketing department, so I came in with a blank slate as to what I expected out of marketing,

It's definitely not as easy some people think it is. They really drill the idea into your head that you need to know your target audience in school, and truer words have never been spoken. I've found myself adapting my scripting, editing and shooting techniques to appeal more toward college-aged students and what their parents and relatives want to see and hear online. It's been an interesting ride so far, and I keep learning so much marketing-wise at work.

thero

Never. In order to be successful, you'd need a lot of effort. To get a big reach, you'd need a lot of connections. You'd also have to invest a lot of time as this requires constant monitoring. However, it's important to remember that in any task, hard work always pays off. Good luck. :)

JohnQ

I suppose I was lucky in that I was never considering internet marketing a path for me. Graduating college, I was a multimedia person, so I produced videos and photography for clients. I quickly found myself working for a small college near my town doing video production for the campus marketing department, so I came in with a blank slate as to what I expected out of marketing,

It's definitely not as easy some people think it is. They really drill the idea into your head that you need to know your target audience in school, and truer words have never been spoken. I've found myself adapting my scripting, editing and shooting techniques to appeal more toward college-aged students and what their parents and relatives want to see and hear online. It's been an interesting ride so far, and I keep learning so much marketing-wise at work.
Then you just happened to wind up doing internet marketing by mistake then? Do you market your video and photography services online?

TheArticulate

Then you just happened to wind up doing internet marketing by mistake then? Do you market your video and photography services online?
I wouldn't say it was a mistake, but rather an unexpected path that I took. I knew I was getting into internet marketing when I applied for the job. My specific role deals with creating multimedia content for social media purposes. So videos, photo collages and stories and things like that. I'm doing what I'm passionate about, which is video and photography, I just didn't expect to be doing it in a marketing field.

As a matter of fact, I do market my services online. I do wedding and event videography on the side and I do a little bit of Facebook marketing to try and get my business in front of other people. It works fairly well, but I don't dedicate a whole lot of time to that because I have a full time job to worry about currently.

vinaya

When I decided to internet marketing I never thought it was an easy job, however, I thought I would be satisfactorily compensated. sadly this is not happening. I work 3-4 hours every day without any exception yet I fail to drive sales. Internet marketing seems to be a tough nut to crack. I can drive traffic but always fail to convert the traffic to sales.

augusta

Making money anywhere doesn't come easy.So you must be determined to either work hard or work smart.

A lot of times people make this very easy statement to motivate you not necessarily meaning you'll just relax and grab money from the internet.

So look out for areas you've passion for,work smart and be consistent and you'll make money online.

KeralMTG

When I decided to internet marketing I never thought it was an easy job, however, I thought I would be satisfactorily compensated. sadly this is not happening. I work 3-4 hours every day without any exception yet I fail to drive sales. Internet marketing seems to be a tough nut to crack. I can drive traffic but always fail to convert the traffic to sales.
This is something that happened to me for a long time when I started. You just have to stick with doing the work even if you are not getting good sales now. Your work will probably provide better results over some time like they did for me.

I wanted to give up many times but decided not to and finally things started working better and making more money.

PedroP

This is something that happened to me for a long time when I started. You just have to stick with doing the work even if you are not getting good sales now. Your work will probably provide better results over some time like they did for me.

I wanted to give up many times but decided not to and finally, things started working better and making more money.
Personally, I am leaning heavily on this idea. Everyone told me that no matter how hard it got I should continue and not give because this line of work takes time to provide revenue. I am still going strong.

JoeMilford

The consistent byline when it comes to this question and concern is that persistence is the key. This is true with anything, of course. As someone mentioned above, your target audience is key, and knowing what products and services they want, and what type of advertising and approach appeals to them, is key to attracting and keeping clients and customers. I think it takes a great deal of experimentation to get this right.

JohnQ

I wouldn't say it was a mistake, but rather an unexpected path that I took. I knew I was getting into internet marketing when I applied for the job. My specific role deals with creating multimedia content for social media purposes. So videos, photo collages and stories and things like that. I'm doing what I'm passionate about, which is video and photography, I just didn't expect to be doing it in a marketing field.

As a matter of fact, I do market my services online. I do wedding and event videography on the side and I do a little bit of Facebook marketing to try and get my business in front of other people. It works fairly well, but I don't dedicate a whole lot of time to that because I have a full time job to worry about currently.
Well mine was an unexpected path of sorts as well. I originally got started some time ago due to doing things for my job and then found out about internet marketing and started doing a little at home at night.

I was only doing it on the side an hour here or there. Now I am getting back into it since I have some financial needs to meet.

Strange how life works out sometimes.

KeralMTG

Personally, I am leaning heavily on this idea. Everyone told me that no matter how hard it got I should continue and not give because this line of work takes time to provide revenue. I am still going strong.
Good for you mate. Every time I think of giving up I always try to find a reason to motivate myself to do better and keep going and things will start being better.

The consistent byline when it comes to this question and concern is that persistence is the key. This is true with anything, of course. As someone mentioned above, your target audience is key, and knowing what products and services they want, and what type of advertising and approach appeals to them, is key to attracting and keeping clients and customers. I think it takes a great deal of experimentation to get this right.
That has been some of my problems. I do not know for sure what my target people audience wants. I think I just have much to learn.

PedroP

Good for you mate. Every time I think of giving up I always try to find a reason to motivate myself to do better and keep going and things will start being better.

That has been some of my problems. I do not know for sure what my target people audience wants. I think I just have much to learn.
Precisely. I have struggled with that for a long time in my life. At the first sign of trouble, I'd quit and blame the world for my failure. I'd curse the universe and how hard it was to make a living. Then once I started to learn from my mistakes my life improved quite a bit.

manmad

Doing anything on the internet that has to do with business is hard, cause almost everything is saturated and everyone is doing what you're thinking of just beginning. The hard, but most profitable part is thinking of something unique and sharing it on various social medias so you can bring attention to your product, which by itself is no easy task, cause increasing the traffic for your social medias is a whole other hardship to pass.