Are Google+ pages good for marketing?

Catherine1

I see most people talking about Facebook and Twitter most of the time when talking about marketing. I don't often see people talking about Google+.

Are Google+ pages good for marketing or is it better to stick with Facebook and Twitter?

ulterios

Sure, Google+ can be a great marketing and traffic resource. Google+ is often a social media network that gets overlooked but doing that just means that you are throwing away opportunity.

I have used Google+ since I first started social media marketing and it has proven to be a valuable source of traffic and other help.

I would definitely add Google+ to your list of social media marketing tasks.

Catherine1

I keep seeing people saying that Google+ is dying and isn't worth the time to deal with. I guess even if it does I can still use it till then.

KeralMTG

I was reading and it was saying that google plus was better to help the rankings of your website because it is a google product. That will still help to get more traffic for your site.

Catherine1

I was reading and it was saying that google plus was better to help the rankings of your website because it is a google product. That will still help to get more traffic for your site.
I saw something about it helping your website rankings also. I guess I am going to have to get something going on Google+ just to see if it helps.

Dean

Google+ is something that I think that most marketers can benefit from using yet there are many that just kind of ignore it because it isn't Facebook or Twitter.

As a marketer you want to always try to not leave money on the table and if you ignore Google+ then you are doing exactly that.

Catherine1

Google gives preference to these pages in its search results.
Why does Google do that? Are they showing favoritism to their own social network even though some others are more popular?

Storm

I setup a Google Plus page but I really don't know if it has done me much good or not. At least it will give you some exposure there.

Catherine1

I setup a Google Plus page but I really don't know if it has done me much good or not. At least it will give you some exposure there.
I was thinking that myself but didn't know if it was even worth the time.

JennyJ

I saw somewhere that since Google Plus is the social media service of Google then it's good to use it because it can help the rankings of your website. I don't know if it's true or not but I have seen information like this posts in several places.

KeralMTG

I saw somewhere that since Google Plus is the social media service of Google then it's good to use it because it can help the rankings of your website. I don't know if it's true or not but I have seen information like this posts in several places.
I saw some posts like that too. They said because it is the google social website that you should use it and it can help your search rankings.

JennyJ

I saw some posts like that too. They said because it is the google social website that you should use it and it can help your search rankings.
Well Google is only looking out for it's best interests so sure they'll help those who use their social media site. :p

Catherine1

I saw something like that too but I can't remember where. I guess it's a way for Google to help encourage people to use Google+.

Kania

I read some posts that said that you should use google plus because it is good for seo for your site. They said if you post stuff in google plus then it will get indexed faster and higher ranks.

I made a google plus page for my blog and I share my posts on it and I think it helps for traffic to my blog.

vishwa

Google+ is a Google product and it is very beneficial for marketing purpose. Google+ is a reliable source to get quality visitors and help you get some good leads. I am personally using it for my blog and it works great for me.

Catherine1

I read some posts that said that you should use google plus because it is good for seo for your site. They said if you post stuff in google plus then it will get indexed faster and higher ranks.

I made a google plus page for my blog and I share my posts on it and I think it helps for traffic to my blog.
I saw a couple of things that said something about seo and google+ being tied together. I guess if it's a google service then it only makes sense that they would favor it.

Catherine1

I personally never had any success promoting campaigns via Google+ pages..atleast for the niche I was promoting. I have heard that it works quite well for certain niches. Chances are maybe the images I was using were not upto the mark!
I have heard that Google+ is only good for certain niches from reading a few articles on it. I really haven't put any effort into it much myself so I really don't know.

Perhaps you are right about the images. People seem to like to see nice images so the more appealing an image then the more popular the posts will probably be.