Are blog post titles important?

Are blog post titles important?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Catherine1, Mar 3, 2017.

1. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +201 / 0 / -0
    Besides what some of the other members have stated you need to think about it from an outsiders point of view.

If you did a search in Google for something then what helps to determine which result link you click on? The title of the post that is listed, correct?

If one has something that catches your attention over the others then you will likely click on that result, so yes blog post titles are important and for other reasons besides SEO.

2. tiffiecute

tiffiecute New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    'At First Glance' is seriously crucial. Your 'Blog Post Title' is a Teaser. If you have an excellent one, that's a good start. From there, everything follows. Still, your blog content should be as great as the given title. Quality is essential so it won't be a waste of time.

3. Marcos

Marcos Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    I agree with you that a blog content should be as good as the title. I have read many blog posts these recent times that the title catches your attention and makes you want to read more but when you get the the content of the blog post it is very disappointing. When I find blogs like this then I will not be returning to that blog again in the future.

4. Raeann Bell

Raeann Bell Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Hi,I am new to this thread.
    According to your question,yes I really think blog titles are really important for more visitors.

5. Will247

Will247 Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I was reading about this a little bit rather recently and it said that the title must closely match what the content on the blog post is about. Otherwise Google might not rank it properly or they might even penalize the post so make sure that both go together appropriately.

6. kcboclot

kcboclot New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm not an expert. But I think it is important to have a catching blogpost title. One that would convince people to engage in such blog or website.

7. david smith

david smith Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I make it a point to craft my title based around the main keyword and it needs to be unique so that there is always a chance that my article might rank on serps. Usually, I like to keep my blog titles short and sweet.

8. Michael

Michael Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I don't know much about seo yet but from a traffic point of view I think they are very important. I think that because if you think about when you do a search online and are looking at the results then do you click on the results that have more eye-catching titles and are seeming like they might have the information you seek or some that are not eye-catching.

9. Catherine1

Catherine1 Active Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    What do you mean when you say that the keyword needs to be unique?
    I have been trying to make my titles more appealing so that I get more clicks but I am not really seeing much difference.

10. anton

anton New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes, the title of the blog is wghere youll find the main point of the blog. Knowing the title of tha blog helps a person find what he or she is looking for and also saves time and effort.

11. EfficientNinja

EfficientNinja New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I think they are as important as the content itself. It is because Google or other search engines almost always check the titles of articles to know what they are about. Your article or blog post's title will also help people to judge if they want to click your links especially when they show up in a search engine's result. :)

12. Catherine1

Catherine1 Active Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Should it be a short title or a longer one?

I was thinking it should be longer and more descriptive but I don't know if the length of the blog post title is something to think about.

Should the titles have a lot of keywords in them for the search engines to rank them higher?

13. Saanvi Royal

Saanvi Royal New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes, Title is very important and major part of your blog. The user can know about your topic by seeing your title only, this increases CTR.