Are blog post titles important?

Catherine1

I was wondering if blog posts titles are important for SEO and getting traffic to them? I read some things that said they were and some that said they didn't matter and that the content is what Google looks at.

Anyone have any input or advice?

KeralMTG

Yes you must have a good blog post title to help it get better traffic to see it and to get better rankings in google and other search sites. Google and the search sites use the title to help decide what the post is about. It is also good to have a good blog post title to have people get their attention so they want to read it.

Blog post titles are very important for several reasons so make them good ones.

I was wondering if blog posts titles are important for SEO and getting traffic to them? I read some things that said they were and some that said they didn't matter and that the content is what Google looks at.

Anyone have any input or advice?

No doubt, Blog title is the most important thing one should concentrate on.

The two main reasons are,
1) It increases the CTR. The title that contains power words like - easy, quick, important, etc, using have high CTR than the blog with normal headings.

2) Including keywords in the title help to identify your blog. It also helps to get listed in SERP.

Catherine1

No doubt, Blog title is the most important thing one should concentrate on.

The two main reasons are,
1) It increases the CTR. The title that contains power words like - easy, quick, important, etc, using have high CTR than the blog with normal headings.

2) Including keywords in the title help to identify your blog. It also helps to get listed in SERP.
Thanks for the info. :D

How many keywords should I use in my titles?

I usually have only one in most of my titles and I am not too sure that there are more than that.

vishwa

Yes, Post titles are effective way to drive readers to your blog. When you write posts with catchy titles, it will attract visitors to read your post and increase user engagement to your blog.

KeralMTG

Yes, Post titles are effective way to drive readers to your blog. When you write posts with catchy titles, it will attract visitors to read your post and increase user engagement to your blog.
When you are thinking of your blog post titles do you ever like to look in google to see what the titles are for the posts that are high ranks there? I look sometime to see what are the best ranking post of the same subject and then make a similar post title.

vishwa

When you are thinking of your blog post titles do you ever like to look in google to see what the titles are for the posts that are high ranks there? I look sometime to see what are the best ranking post of the same subject and then make a similar post title.

Basically I am using quora to get ideas for my blog post and it also help to write catchy titles for my blog post. Creating a unique and catchy titles will definitely help to attract visitors.

Catherine1

Should you make sure that the catchy word that you use is related to the niche and topic of the post or is it ok to use any kind of catchy words?

Is using a word something like Ninja ok? I have seen it used a lot lately. If I had a title like "Save money on groceries like a Ninja" for a post about saving money when you are grocery shopping would that be ok?

Titles are first thing that every reader going to read. Whenever you search for keyword in search engine, titles are shown in search engines. Also, you need to care that your headlines are tweetable.
What make a headline tweetable? Something that draws attention maybe?

John11

Blog post titles are very important. Before reading an article the users always check the name of the post and if the post title is eye catching and interesting, then they read the article. Eye catching post titles drive more traffic to the blogs but the title names should not be too complicated for the average reader because if an average reader would not understand what the post is about then they would not read the post.

vishwa

Should you make sure that the catchy word that you use is related to the niche and topic of the post or is it ok to use any kind of catchy words?

Is using a word something like Ninja ok? I have seen it used a lot lately. If I had a title like "Save money on groceries like a Ninja" for a post about saving money when you are grocery shopping would that be ok?

Well I generally use catchy words related to my niche or the topic which I have written. Well adding words like ninja is considered as a punching words and hits the audience mind first. These words are also known as pro tips.

JennyJ

I don't know how important your blog post titles are for SEO but I think they are quite important for getting traffic and getting people to click on the links in the search sites like Google.

I know that when I am looking for something and a title catches my eye then I will usually check it out.

SethTurin

Keep in mind you also want to get search traffic. If people aren't searching for "how to save money on groceries like a ninja" (and they aren't) then you may not rank as highly, as, for example, "how to save money buying groceries in bulk". But, if your article is good and linked to often enough, then your "like a ninja" is just a bonus, and may get people to click on it.

Kania

I always look at other blog posts for the same topic that are getting high search results in the search sites before I name my blog posts. If they are in the tops of the ranks then they must be good and help the seo for the posts right?

Traveler

Blog titles are very important as it help google bot identify your keyword quicker and help your readers catch the whole idea.
True but only if the title has the keyword or words in it. I see a lot of titles that people are using that don't have keywords in them or have keywords that are not related to the post.

Catherine1

Well I generally use catchy words related to my niche or the topic which I have written. Well adding words like ninja is considered as a punching words and hits the audience mind first. These words are also known as pro tips.
Then any kind of word that might be related to my niche that catches the attention of people will work?

Keep in mind you also want to get search traffic. If people aren't searching for "how to save money on groceries like a ninja" (and they aren't) then you may not rank as highly, as, for example, "how to save money buying groceries in bulk". But, if your article is good and linked to often enough, then your "like a ninja" is just a bonus, and may get people to click on it.
So I should try to figure out what phrases people would most likely use in a search and then use one of those?

I always look at other blog posts for the same topic that are getting high search results in the search sites before I name my blog posts. If they are in the tops of the ranks then they must be good and help the seo for the posts right?
I thought about doing that but I thought that Google might penalize you if your post is the same or very similar to another on the same topic. Would they put any kind of penalty for something like that?

Kania

I thought about doing that but I thought that Google might penalize you if your post is the same or very similar to another on the same topic. Would they put any kind of penalty for something like that?
I don't know if they will penalize you or not. I don't think that there can be a copyright for blog posts so I don't know why they would do that but I don't really know how they do things.

Dean

Besides what some of the other members have stated you need to think about it from an outsiders point of view.

If you did a search in Google for something then what helps to determine which result link you click on? The title of the post that is listed, correct?

If one has something that catches your attention over the others then you will likely click on that result, so yes blog post titles are important and for other reasons besides SEO.