Accepting a Stranger's Friend Request on FB?

argel241

Since facebook is the best social media platform to market your business,the more friends you have the higher of the chance of spreading your business.right?I have a question on my mind regarding accepting s friend request.Do you accept friend requests by someone you don't personaly know?I mean a total stranger to you.Is it okay to accept them to have more facebook friend?Is that a good idea?your opinion?

eight03

This is my 2 cent, Facebook is the bet social media platform in any market business, accepting friends (even totally strangers) are no issue, you could build an entire Facebook account solely on maketing, and make another one for your personal life.

Nejii

For me, it's a NO. Since my Facebook is for personal usage and not for business. I'm actually very picky when it comes to choosing my friends online. They should be the people whom I only get conversations with, family members, friends, some of them are friends of my friends that I have met once or twice in my life, co- workers, my students and few sellers. In addition to that, I always make sure that my page is private and all my photos are safe. I'm pretty sure no one's going to take interest to steal my posts but it's better to sure.

genesis

It's up to you actually, if you're after that marketing thing. That's probably a strategy. But if I were you, I'll be making a separate account for this. One for me personally, and one for my affiliates or business. Better separate your business to your personal life. :)

shaynie

Just create another account, for business official only. Don't use your personal account in doing business online.
In your Facebook business account you can accept everyone that you don't know since you will not put all of your information in that account, its much safer. :)

Maria Marketing

I usually check the persons Facebook page and see what they have posted in the past and if everything looks fine then I will accept them.

If something just does not look right or suspicious then I will not accept their friend request.

Ellen F

If it's from a complete stranger then what I do is to take a look at their profile and see what is there. If they look like a legitimate person and not some kind of spammer or scammer then I will usually accept their friend request because you never know when someone might turn out to be a good online friend or business contact.

JohnQ

I like to check out a stranger's profile before I accept a friend request if I don't know someone like some of the other people here do.

There are too many people out there that I would like to stay away from so this helps that out some.

Ben

I only accept friend requests for people I know or have looked at their profile and they seem like someone I may be interested in having some kind of interaction with.

Some people I don't accept because when you look at their profile you can tell it's a fake account or some kind of junk profile for the purpose of like farming or selling.

Dean

It seems to be the majority here because I do the same thing as many of the others here do. If I get a friend request from a stranger then I will take a look at their profile to see what is there.

If all looks legit then I usually accept their friend request.

JennyJ

I don't usually accept friend request from strangers unless their profile is interesting or I think they might be good for my online marketing. Other than that I usually won't accept them.

Michelle P. Camo

I don't usually accept friend that I don't know in my personal social media account. But since I have a separate social media account solely for my business only, I accept people in that account even if they are strangers to me because the more friends in your facebook business account, the more customers you will have. So I would suggest that you should separate your personal account to your business account.

argel241

Just create another account, for business official only. Don't use your personal account in doing business online.
In your Facebook business account you can accept everyone that you don't know since you will not put all of your information in that account, its much safer. :)

Yes, I get your point.But if I make another FB account means I have to start from zero again I mean in friends.In my personal account, I have many friends there and I have groups and pages that I joined and is easier for me to build a traffic unlike if I will create a new account again.But anyway I have to consider your suggestion and thank you for sharing.

argel241

I read mixed suggestions here and I believe all your suggestions are all helpful to me.I will do what you said and I hope everything will go well.Thank you, everyone, for sharing I will come back sure for the result.Have a great day!

myla123

I do accept accept stranger's friend request as long as it is for business purposes. But I don't provide some of my personal information required from fb for security purposes. Now that I'm having online business, its really important to make more friends in fb but I'm careful with the someone with suspicious act especially when its not related to work. So If I could sense something unusual or strange act by a person, I do automatically block it.

Dedcemoi

For me its okay to accept friend request, if you made that Facebook account for business purpose only.You can always separate another account for personal purpose.

napukun

if i ever have a friend request to stranger i'm checking the profile and the mutual friends of ours then i do some research of profile checking for me to know if this person, is not a stranger we didn't if the stranger you looking at is your relative so i do some profile checking before i accept it.

jovitzdgreat

For me, I accept a friend request from a stranger depending on how many mutual friends we have. Before I accept someone's friend request I will visit his/her timeline or profile and see to it that we have common or mutual friends. It is okay to doubt and don"t accept the request, but for me, I would suggest to investigate. We do not know, that person is some how related to you or wants to know you or wants to make friends with you. If ever that person did something that you don't like, just block the person and never entertain them.

fern2x2001

I don't personally add strangers to my facebook account. But that is also a problem for me if i want to reach more people. Maybe i should create another account in facebook for the sole purpose of doing business. Then, i can add anyone to that account and separate my personal facebook account to my business account. I think you could also think about that strategy. :)

Glenda Sabado

I check first the person's profile before i accept . But I don't accept with foreign names because maybe some of them will hack my account.