Wondering what will come after Facebook???!

Did you ever think what will be the next site big social media site??
Everyone remembers, and some still use Myspace..And there were more before that...
But what will be next??
Does anyone have any ideas ??

Probably the Apocolypse in a form that none of us have expected. Human interaction is becoming a thing of the past with current generations.

I didnt just mean social media..I meant that facebook consumed mostly everyone on the planet so it is a really hard task for something next to have the same impact....It would be great if someone invented a way to have something similar to physical touch over the internet..I really think I have good imagination :D

David Ewen

I think that Google + is in some way heading in that direction. They currently have Google Hangouts which is a form of web conferencing. I believe the next evolution of social media in the far future will have the next generation of web conferencing that will be in the form of virtual reality. Second Life in the UK was doing that and had intended to use it for conferencing through animated avatars. Perhaps it will require the merger of the 2 largest social media platforms. What I am talking about would probably be ten years down the road. Do you think the virtual reality idea makes sense?

Did you ever think what will be the next site big social media site??
Everyone remembers, and some still use Myspace..And there were more before that...
But what will be next??
Does anyone have any ideas ??

Don't think anything will. They have got it right and they have the skills that other social media didn't. They have been very successful and I don't think we will see anything else coming soon.

elcidofaguy

The next big thing which I'm hearing about wrt social networks is snapchat. Its getting a lot of attention and use by teens and may catch on with other groups... Another one on my radar is periscope which looks like its going to be massive with it being the video version of twitter (its also integrated with it) with mobile integration making it really easy to upload vids.

Reactions: ims

rmmfree

I think the trend will be anonymous apps (just the username and a picture), with simple interfaces and with possibility to create groups with more detailed member information.

cwvps

There are social media networks which already came after Facebook, but none have yet managed to replace it. Google+ is advancing, but Facebook is advancing too and still has the greatest number of users. I believe more that Facebook will improve and engage people more than any other social media in the near future.

Dean

There is no way to tell what is going to come next that will turn out to be as big or bigger than Facebook, you would need a crystal ball for that.
I do think that in order to be as big or bigger than Facebook there would have to be more to it and more features, uses and so on.

People like having tings that can serve multiple purposes, like a smartphone, in order to make tasks easier and more convenient. So, whatever comes next and is the next big thing will have to be very useful and be something that everyone wants.

Cheers, Dean.