Which social media site should I use?

fishmonk

It is best if you could start a couple and cross-link the social media sites. The best place to start is Facebook as there's plenty of users to cater to. You can use your personal account to share the endeavours with your friends and family as well.

ForthWaveJane

I agree that Twitter is the easiest to learn, and isn't as content hungry as other platforms because re-tweeting is not only acceptable, but a good way to get followers and credibility. Make sure to do some research on the hashtags your industry uses and be on the lookout for "chats" where people either in your industry or belonging to your customer base are using a tag at a certain time to talk about a certain topic. High quality, useful posts in this context net followers and start to build your reputation as an influencer in the space.

If you do start using Twitter, be sure to use Tweetdeck or Hootsuite to schedule your posts, and start taking note of trends -- what time you get the most RT's, etc.

cesarmatute

Facebook is the most used social media all around the world, having a good presence in any domain, but if you're trying to find a job, for example, then you should use Linkedin. Some social media are better than others in a specific task. If you publish a lot of videos, you should use YouTube, if you publish photos, Instagram.

It depends on the use you're going to give it.

shilpa

I guess it depends on your needs. Most prefer twitter as it's said to be good to achieve targets. While I agree with that, but you cannot deny the power of other social media platforms. So just trying to have only an account for marketing purpose doesn't seem feasible. Better to exploit the power of at least the three most popular media. Twitter, Facebook and instagram, just to say. You could also choose other media also. You could do blogs, promote your own line of products or services.

cmarkcsco

It would depend on the product or service that you are advertising.

Commonly used marketing websites are Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. These are used to target the masses and to build publicity for your brand.

Ultimately, the quality of your post and product would dictate if these sites would be any help to your enterprise. :DD:

vinaya

You should use every social media that you can find on the internet. The people who are active on facebook may not be on twitter. Therefore, if you concentrate only on facebok you will miss people active on twitter. Furthermore, these days people are going to the social media sites that are being launched every now and then. You should also join these social media sites. The demography of social media sites is varied. Pinterest has young people, and facebook and twitter has old people. If you don' cater to pinterest you may not reach the youth. Make use of every social media sites.

Raeann Bell

At present situation social media media is very effective for promote any business. Now we are mostly depends on social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc. These sites are most popular and use millions of people every day. You chose any of them for your work.

TheArticulate

Well it depends on what your doing with these social media sites, but for me I tend to mix it up a bit. I use Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, Soundcloud, and Instagram, which all have there ups and down, but I enjoy how Instagram links to my Facebook and twitter accounts so I don't have to post to those sites separately.
Yes, integration between social media platforms has been a huge factor in determining why you should be on multiple platforms. Anymore, you can share and post between multiple platforms simultaneously, just as you mentioned, which makes things more efficient marketing-wise when you make your daily posts. Not to mention this introduces the potential for cross traffic between sites, so someone who may like you on Facebook but not follow you on Twitter, may be more likely to find your Twitter through your posting methods and follow you.

yemzy

For me I will definitely advise you start with Facebook.Going forward,By the time you decide exactly what you want to use it for,You can then advance to Linkedin,Twitter and Instagram.

Facebook can give you a very far reach in terms of capturing Family,Friends and Fans alike,It is also a great tool for both business and personal purposes.

yahm2001

There are many social media sites in the internet its up to you which one do you like. Me, Im using facebook and instagram only where I can post anything above their terms and conditions. But for me facebook is the best social media so far because it provides almost complete where you can post, chat, video call and many more unlike other social media they have limit.