Which one is better: Facebook or Twitter?

robertdn

Hello there friends,

Most people would opt for Face Book as opposed to Twitter. Personally, I prefer Twitter because it brings more traffic and customers than FaceBook.

What is your position? Twitter or Face Book: Which one is better?

MajorLeagueDFS

Currently my focus has been on twitter getting loads of traffic, but I am looking into facebook marketing and FB ads. I did a small 1 week test with FB ads and was able to get some really targeted traffic for .07 per click.

bradstern

Both applications have their own purposes. Facebook connects people with their families and friends while Twitter networks ideas, topics and concepts. That's why I think that these two applications were partners to help people connect with their loved ones and throughout the world

sheenamathieson

For me, They are just equal.They deliver information in very different ways, and although there is some audience/user crossover, they serve two very different marketing needs.Twitter may have a better reach among ages of 18 and 29, while Facebook has a far better reach among seniors and women.

Antonio

Each one has got a unique function and purpose depending on individual needs.
For this reason, the best option, in my opinion, would be a combination of both to fully maximize the benefits that both would bring to my venture online.

Just my 2 cents!

nesito29

Hello there friends,

Most people would opt for Face Book as opposed to Twitter. Personally, I prefer Twitter because it brings more traffic and customers than FaceBook.

What is your position? Twitter or Face Book: Which one is better?

It's hard to say, after all it depends on what you want to do, Facebook is great because it's easier to make your post go viral unlike Twitter.
The difference is that since Twitter goes so fast! you can tweet several times the same thing and everything will be okay. Just don't do it in the same day or you could get marked as spammer and hurt your account really bad. Tweet about different things, not always about your business. Nobody likes someone talking all the time about themselves.

So.. Which one is better?
ANS: Both. It's impossible to say which is better after all they are both so different!. The best thing you can do is use both, and test, test, test, until you find what strategy works for you. :)

I wouldn't consider myself to be a marketing expert, however from experience we have seen the most conversions out of the two come from Facebook. This may be because I use some pretty old school marketing tactics and haven't grasped the concept of twitter personally...

elcidofaguy

Personally my vote goes for FB but that's largely because I've spent more time on it... I really like FB's ad targeting capability which allows you to pin-point many demographics from age, nationality, gender, interests etc.. That said I also find ads on social platforms are best used for list building and not direct sales....

Luca

I would choose both from the beginning. Facebook is great for the more traditional style of social media marketing, but Twitter allows you to more freely post the tiniest bits of a project's progress without being considered spammy by its userbase. Both have more of their own pros and cons, depending on the type of your audience and what kinda business you have.

KenR

I'm using both getting good traffic. Mostly i go with FB
Agree with this but I am using twitter and google+ for extra traffic to my site, why not...

Most social networks are helpful for increasing traffic for websites or blogs.

Allenafaith

I think Facebook would be better. You can make groups etc. and more people would join and invite people to join and it would eventually grow and help you get your website more traffic

Dean

I have always had much more success with Twitter than with Facebook. I get a lot more traffic from Twitter by a great deal over what I get from Facebook. It can depend on what niche you are in and what your target audience is also. One niche might be better on Twitter than on Facebook and another might be the direct opposite. You just have to test both to see which works best for your particular needs.

Cheers, Dean.

Traveler

Where I live everyone talks about facebook and I don't think I ever heard anyone talk about twitter so facebook might be the best one here. Maybe twitter is good in some areas like the USA.

ulterios

I think that the success from one social media network to the next not only depends on the person but also what they are trying to market or promote. What is best for one person and a particular niche might be different for a different person.

I get much more traffic from Twitter myself but I know many people that get more from Facebook. Twitter is my go-to social site for traffic and customers/clients! ;)

Reactions: ims

Marketing Masala

Hi! It totally depends on where your target audience hangs out. If it is more active on Twitter go for it else choose facebook. Also on more general lines if I say B2C businesses mostly use facebook to reach out to their customers. On the other hand if yours is B2B business (where your target audience are professionals like CEO, businessmen, Corporate world employees), twitter is way more resourceful.
Cheers
Shivankit Arora

ims

Looking for Stars...
Staff member
I always choose Twitter as a good source to increase traffic for my sites.
I got many customers from it while Facebook also gave me decent traffic.
I get much more traffic from Twitter myself but I know many people that get more from Facebook. Twitter is my go-to social site for traffic and customers/clients! ;)
Same thought on this :D