Which is the best article directory script?

Adrianhenry

I would appreciate recommendation about which is the best article directory script currently available. I'd be interested in hearing about WordPress as well as non WordPress options. Open source is fine including free and paid ones. I did more researches but too hard to decision which is suitable for me.

One question more, does article directory still work at this time and will it give me if I invest into this field?

Any advice would be helpful.

PTTed

One question more, does article directory still work at this time and will it give me if I invest into this field?

I used to own and operate a bunch of article directory websites. They were good for building links with and you could monetize them easily with display advertising. None of them ever made much money for me though. And that was back when you could get articles on article directories to rank much more easily.

When Google Panda (the first iteration) came out, I made the decision to drop those domains and move away from that business model entirely. It is simply too hard to generate free traffic for them if you can't get them ranking well in Google. And you won't get an article directory style website ranking well in Google anymore. You could do it, but I seriously doubt it would be worth the effort and cost. All of the links you need to get in order to get the site ranking well (and it will take a lot of powerful links to convince Google to rank typical article directory crap) will need to be purchased or else manufactured yourself. That makes it cost prohibitive.

If you are really interested in building a site with outsourced content, then I would focus on building a community niche blog where you openly invite guest bloggers to publish their guest posts. It will take a while to build it up. But it is doable. I would go visit other sites where there are lots of active guest bloggers (like Comluv.com for example) and chat people up in the comments. Follow their comments to their sites. Fill out their contact forms and tell them you accept high quality guest blog posts. If you contact enough of them, you will get some takers.

At least with a niche blog you will have a much better shot at getting the pages to rank and getting free traffic from Google.

Don't make your blog a generic topic blog though. Make sure it is a niche blog that is focused on one topic. Build a different site for each niche you want to accept guest blog posts for.